Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Street Smarts Rules Changes?  (Read 2115 times)

tvwxman

Street Smarts Rules Changes?
« on: July 26, 2004, 06:31:47 PM »
This was found on another website....

Discuss...Matt

Need $100,000??? You can win it on STREET SMARTS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: booker@streetsmartstv.com
Date: 2004-07-26, 11:27AM PDT

Are you SEXY, HOT, FUNNY & OUTGOING? Think you could be good enough to win up to $100,000??

The hit LATE-NIGHT game show STREET SMARTS is back for a 5th season, with a whole new twist....

Winning contestants MAY have the opportunity to gamble their winnings in order to play for a $100,000 PRIZE!

If you are in the Los Angeles area and are over 18, please send us your contact information (including your phone number so that we may call you to schedule an audition) and a picture.

**DO NOT SUBMIT UNLESS YOU KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE GAME AND HAVE SEEN THE SHOW**
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 08:33:29 PM »
I actually think that Street Smarts did need a slight increase in Prize money, but not that much. Oh well- we'll have to wait and see what this "twist" is first.
insert signature here

bandit_bobby

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 09:33:54 PM »
I thought that if they ever did a Tournament of Champions, the grand prize should be a $10,000 vacation.

starcade

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 10:13:36 PM »
Perhaps a full-season tournament with $100K for the winner (think the old "Scrabble All-American Tournament"), but I would not think they'd make that kind of a jump for regular play.

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 01:59:37 AM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Jul 26 2004, 07:33 PM\'] I actually think that Street Smarts did need a slight increase in Prize money, but not that much. Oh well- we'll have to wait and see what this "twist" is first. [/quote]
 I think a bonus round would work, played just like the Wager of Death. Guess right, you can multiply your winnings by 10x or so, but $100,000? I just might have to check it out...if I can find out when the damn show airs in my area. ;-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 03:09:53 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jul 27 2004, 12:59 AM\'] [quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Jul 26 2004, 07:33 PM\'] I actually think that Street Smarts did need a slight increase in Prize money, but not that much. Oh well- we'll have to wait and see what this "twist" is first. [/quote]
I think a bonus round would work, played just like the Wager of Death. Guess right, you can multiply your winnings by 10x or so, but $100,000? I just might have to check it out...if I can find out when the damn show airs in my area. ;-) [/quote]
 Well, if you get the WGN Superstation feed, it airs from 3-4 PM ET M/F (Double Run)...as for the way of local affiliates...I couldn't honestly tell you.

uncamark

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004, 05:30:47 PM »
Well, I could say it was because they got renewed by the skin of their teeth, but they get renewed by the skin of their teeth every year.

Perhaps Jim Paratore told Snot Bomb that either they really improve in the numbers this year or they're gone--although I don't Mo' Money Syndrome as appropriate in this case at all, since the show's never been about the money.