Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy! game board  (Read 1258 times)

BrandonFG

Jeopardy! game board
« on: July 26, 2004, 04:06:30 AM »
In the first Jeopardy book, Alex wrote that there's a neon light on the side of the board, that alerts contestants when it's safe to buzz in, and if they buzz in before the light comes on, they'll be locked out. This light can also be seen during the J! scene in "White Men Can't Jump*."

Does J! still use this light, and for Matt or Ken, if not, then is there still a signal used to inform contestants when it's safe to buzz in?

*It's a movie title; I have no concrete evidence that white males are, in fact, incapable of jumping. ;-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Steve McClellan

Jeopardy! game board
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 04:08:52 AM »
I've not been a contestant yet, but I can answer this one. There is a string of white lights (reminding me of Christmas lights) around three sides of the board that illuminates when the system is open.

BrandonFG

Jeopardy! game board
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 04:13:46 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowsteve\' date=\'Jul 26 2004, 03:08 AM\'] I've not been a contestant yet, but I can answer this one. There is a string of white lights (reminding me of Christmas lights) around three sides of the board that illuminates when the system is open. [/quote]
 Cool...thanks!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!