Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Weakest Link and the Top of the Chain  (Read 23618 times)

gameshowguy2000

Weakest Link and the Top of the Chain
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2004, 12:04:31 AM »
I remembered once during Season 2 of Syndie WL, that the team had just gotten the $5,000 question right, when the next player asked George to repeat the $25,000 question with just THREE seconds left on the clock.

Needless to say, there wasn't enough time for him to repeat it, and the team votes her off unanimously.

Game Show Man

• Admiral Anaheim, Big Joey Numbers, etc.
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2004, 12:53:47 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jul 25 2004, 10:26 AM\']
We did as many as 4 shows a day and often switched between prime time and syndie one day to the next to accommodate Anne's travel schedule and host fatigue.
Four shows per day? Man alive! Sitting through just one was a marathon! If none of you were ever at a WL taping you missed the opportunity to see Randy earn his weight in platinum the way he kept studio audiences, well, awake :-) [/quote]
 I actually sat through an entire taping of the syndie show, as Randy's proud and honored guest; that is, all four episodes, which while only being a half an hour on television, actually took over two hours to complete.  I was hoping I would be able to see multiple tapings, but family troubles prevented it.

I also wanted to get a pic with George Gray, but like a schmuck, I forgot my camera.  Oops.

I wrote an article about my visit to the show for my website.  The article's at this address.
"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
captvangin@aol.com
"Remember, reality bites, so WATCH MORE GAME SHOWS!"

starcade

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2004, 10:19:02 PM »
I thought there was only the $75K+$50K bank, and not a full $125K chain...

But it must go:

Correct answer to meet/exceed target
Next player must bank before it's too late, or answer another question
Musical cue upon bank
End of round
Team celebrates

J.R.

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2004, 10:52:50 PM »
[quote name=\'starcade\' date=\'Jul 26 2004, 09:19 PM\'] I thought there was only the $75K+$50K bank, and not a full $125K chain...

But it must go:

Musical cue upon bank
End of round
Team celebrates [/quote]
 And don't forget what happens after the celebration:

George Grey announces that he "will not have happiness !"

-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

uncamark

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2004, 05:41:11 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Jul 26 2004, 09:52 PM\'][quote name=\'starcade\' date=\'Jul 26 2004, 09:19 PM\'] I thought there was only the $75K+$50K bank, and not a full $125K chain...

But it must go:

Musical cue upon bank
End of round
Team celebrates [/quote]
And don't forget what happens after the celebration:

George Grey announces that he "will not have happiness !"[/quote]
Or:

"But you still gotta vote someone off!"

On the rare instances on UK "TWL" where the goal was reached, were there celebrations and did Anne put the damper on them as quickly as possible?

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2004, 06:49:00 PM »
[quote name=\'starcade\' date=\'Jul 26 2004, 09:19 PM\']I thought there was only the $75K+$50K bank, and not a full $125K chain...[/quote]
Assuming you're looking at my post, my bad. I meant they reached the $125K target, not a single $125K chain.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

starcade

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2004, 10:22:29 PM »
I had actually seen a post which had said that the chain had completed but the next player DIDN'T bank...

And one I remember was in syndie Link's Tournament of Losers where Gray noted that the players were doing the "LOSER DANCE"!

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2004, 01:52:21 PM »
And I believe that next player answered another question correctly, and the player after him, banked the cash.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2004, 02:42:03 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jul 30 2004, 12:52 PM\'] And I believe that next player answered another question correctly, and the player after him, banked the cash. [/quote]
 Which was posted SIX days ago by our very own Randy West:

[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\' July 24\']During the 319 episodes (network and syndie) the team got to the top of the chain a few times. The most memorable time was when the next player forgot to say "Bank"!!

The team had $125,000 but the rules say the money isn't banked until someone says "Bank" at the beginning of their turn. The player who should have said it was apparently having a brain fart and just stood there! The entire audience inhaled simultaneously - you could hear it. Anne asked the next question - a wrong answer would have cost them the $125,000. Miraculously, the player got the answer correct, and the next player screamed "BANK!" The place went wild. They voted off the jerk.[/quote]
--Mark
Phil 4:13

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2004, 04:51:49 PM »
No, I was talking about one of the Season 2 shows, where the $25,000 chain was completed in Round 4, but wasn't banked.

The next player nailed a 7th question, and the player after him banked the $25K.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2004, 05:00:36 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jul 30 2004, 03:51 PM\']No, I was talking about one of the Season 2 shows, where the $25,000 chain was completed in Round 4, but wasn't banked.

The next player nailed a 7th question, and the player after him banked the $25K.[/quote]
Which was posted SIX days ago . . . ah, forget it.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin