Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game show host sighting  (Read 2239 times)

dzinkin

Game show host sighting
« on: August 09, 2004, 12:03:43 AM »
Yes, I know he just barely qualifies as a game show host, but I just saw a rerun of a syndicated show called The Country Place on RFD-TV.  The host was Jim Ed Brown, and the co-host was former TJW contestant and extremely short-lived New Chain Reaction host Blake Emmons.

Why did I share this?  Because, dammit, I'm still trying to recover from seeing the show, and I didn't feel I should suffer alone. :-D

Jimmy Owen

Game show host sighting
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 04:27:31 AM »
Here in Michigan, I first saw Blake Emmons on a Canadian knock-off of "Hee Haw" called "The Funny Farm."  Trivia:  Which "Hee Haw" regular hosted a syndicated game show in the early '70's?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

TimK2003

Game show host sighting
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 10:29:26 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Aug 9 2004, 03:27 AM\'] Here in Michigan, I first saw Blake Emmons on a Canadian knock-off of "Hee Haw" called "The Funny Farm."  Trivia:  Which "Hee Haw" regular hosted a syndicated game show in the early '70's? [/quote]
 I was thinking Kathy Lee Johnson-Gifford (who was on the Hee Haw spinoff Hee Haw Honeys and had a couple of sightings on the main show as well) on NTT, but that doesn't qualify as host...

...Although I think Junior Samples would've been a better host than Rolf Binerschke on WoF, had Junior didn't die at such an early age.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Game show host sighting
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 10:37:13 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Aug 9 2004, 03:27 AM\'] Trivia:  Which "Hee Haw" regular hosted a syndicated game show in the early '70's? [/quote]
 Wasn't it Don Harron (sp?), otherwise known as Charlie Farquarson (again, sp?)?  Nah, I'm probably wrong.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Game show host sighting
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 11:40:47 AM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Aug 9 2004, 07:29 AM\'] [...Although I think Junior Samples would've been a better host than Rolf Binerschke on WoF [/quote]
 I've popped zits that meet this qualification. ;)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

Game show host sighting
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 12:44:31 PM »
Don Harron, it is!  He replaced Gene Wood for the last two years of "Anything You Can Do." 72-74.

SRIV94

Game show host sighting
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2004, 12:52:32 PM »
I have no idea how I knew that.  

What do I win?  :)

Doug -- soon to celebrate 600 posts
Doug
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Jimmy Owen

Game show host sighting
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2004, 01:28:36 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Aug 9 2004, 11:52 AM\'] I have no idea how I knew that.  

What do I win?  :)

Doug -- soon to celebrate 600 posts [/quote]
 Would you rather have points or a gift certificate good at your neighborhood Canadian Tire?

SRIV94

Game show host sighting
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2004, 03:29:30 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Aug 9 2004, 12:28 PM\'] Would you rather have points or a gift certificate good at your neighborhood Canadian Tire? [/quote]
 Can I put them On Account?  :)

Doug -- soon to celebrate 600 posts
Doug

Mike Tennant

Game show host sighting
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2004, 08:39:57 PM »
See, now, I was going to guess David Ruprecht chatting up Julie Sommars on a Matlock rerun I happened to catch while staying at a hotel in Norman, OK, Sunday night.  That's because I thought it was a "just barely" sighting--and this was such a short scene that it could easily have been missed--but now that I understand that it was a "just barely" host, well, that clearly rules out Mr. Ruprecht.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
Game show host sighting
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2004, 12:33:57 AM »
Speaking of hosts appearing on reruns, Patrick Wayne fell through a trap door on "Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In" this morning.  It was remarkably satisfying to watch. :)
@lambertman