Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud DVD Game  (Read 2401 times)

JerrysFeudinAgain

Family Feud DVD Game
« on: August 12, 2004, 12:27:27 AM »
http://www.bettysattic.com/website/store/p...p?item_no=45951

Anyone seen this yet? Who knows, maybe more game show DVD games could come out?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Family Feud DVD Game
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 12:40:26 AM »
Yes. Word is, it's crap.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

johnnyd1788

Family Feud DVD Game
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 12:59:57 AM »
Yes, I saw it at KMart while looking for the TPiR board game and I noticed it was about 25 bucks. All this is is scrolling through a DVD "menu" for the answers. No sound. You have to make that up yourself.
John

JerrysFeudinAgain

Family Feud DVD Game
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 01:06:53 AM »
Good God! Sounds even worse than the Anderson Playstation game.

Vgmastr

Family Feud DVD Game
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 01:19:24 AM »
I have the game, and it's a blast.  It's a party game, it doesn't play like the TV show, but it's a fun to play with people.

All this is is scrolling through a DVD "menu" for the answers. No sound.

I don't know where you heard there's no sound, Burton reads every question and answer and the familiar clang is there when an answer is revealed.

bwood

Family Feud DVD Game
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 02:14:59 AM »
I'll second that to the comment that it's a blast. Not true Feud, but pretty good for a party. It's full of sounds and visuals. The people I played it with kept wanting to play it over and over again. They love it, and keep asking me to bring it every time my girlfriend and I come to their house to play games with them. I think I paid $17.99 for it at Circuit City while on vacation in Virginia Beach. It was money well spent IMHO.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 02:15:37 AM by bwood »

daveromanjr

Family Feud DVD Game
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2004, 06:40:13 AM »
[quote name=\'bwood\' date=\'Aug 12 2004, 01:14 AM\'] I'll second that to the comment that it's a blast. Not true Feud, but pretty good for a party. It's full of sounds and visuals. The people I played it with kept wanting to play it over and over again. They love it, and keep asking me to bring it every time my girlfriend and I come to their house to play games with them. I think I paid $17.99 for it at Circuit City while on vacation in Virginia Beach. It was money well spent IMHO. [/quote]
 I got mine at Circuit City as well.  Just something neat to have.  It was $17.99 and the clerk asked if I wanted a 2 year extended service plan on it in case the prodcut would become defective in anyway in the next two years.  Price?  $19.99.  

I asked "Pardon me, but isn't it cheaper to just BUY a new one in case this one goes bad in the next two years?"

"Uh, I can't answer that question."

"I don't the plan"

"Why?"

"Nevermind, I'll go somewhere else." and I got it at my other local Circuit City.

aaron sica

Family Feud DVD Game
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2004, 08:09:21 AM »
[quote name=\'daveromanjr\' date=\'Aug 12 2004, 06:40 AM\'] I got mine at Circuit City as well.  Just something neat to have.  It was $17.99 and the clerk asked if I wanted a 2 year extended service plan on it in case the prodcut would become defective in anyway in the next two years.  Price?  $19.99.  

I asked "Pardon me, but isn't it cheaper to just BUY a new one in case this one goes bad in the next two years?"

"Uh, I can't answer that question."

"I don't the plan"

"Why?"

"Nevermind, I'll go somewhere else." and I got it at my other local Circuit City. [/quote]
 Mind you, this is the same place where, when Windows ME came out, I asked a CC rep what the difference was between the full version and the upgrade...

"Well, uh, sir, the upgrade expires in 90 days"..

Yeah. I don't hold a lot of trust in their reps.

TalkingHeadsFan

Family Feud DVD Game
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2004, 08:41:38 AM »
To clarify, there is no "familiar clang" with each answer reveal...It's the Fast Money "Blip!" noise for every SFX in the game...But there are some neat background swirly noises and crowd effects during the game...I personally have had a lot of fun playing it with the family.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Family Feud DVD Game
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2004, 11:30:07 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Aug 12 2004, 05:09 AM\'] Mind you, this is the same place where, when Windows ME came out, I asked a CC rep what the difference was between the full version and the upgrade...

"Well, uh, sir, the upgrade expires in 90 days"..

Yeah. I don't hold a lot of trust in their reps. [/quote]
 I love Socket Circus. I love looking their drones dead in the eye and informing them they don't know what the hell they are talking about. They just get this blank look and stare back, like they've never been trained on an appropriate response when someone calls them on BS. It's almost like they have a mental bluescreen. It's awesome.

One of the great things about north Seattle (well, north OF Seattle in this case) is that there is a Socket Circus about a thousand feet from a Best Buy. So you can go into CC, reconfirm that the help STILL has no clue, and then get in your car, take a quick jaunt down the road to BB, and buy whatever it is you wanted in the first place. Usually at a better price. (Though CC sometimes beats out BB on DVDs on day of release.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

Family Feud DVD Game
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2004, 03:35:34 PM »
[quote name=\'TalkingHeadsFan\' date=\'Aug 12 2004, 07:41 AM\'] To clarify, there is no "familiar clang" with each answer reveal...It's the Fast Money "Blip!" noise for every SFX in the game...But there are some neat background swirly noises and crowd effects during the game...I personally have had a lot of fun playing it with the family. [/quote]
 It's not Feud unless the audience goes crazy over the doubled and tripled points. ;-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!