Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Just Hours To Go Now  (Read 6988 times)

ClockGameJohn

Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2004, 10:02:37 PM »
And those of us who could not make it are sorry as well.

Can we get a full report up in here, up in here?   :)

zachhoran

Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2004, 10:21:00 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Aug 16 2004, 06:30 PM\']
And a giant thanks to the hearty souls who made the trek to see TPiR-Live as part of their trip.

[/quote]
 If TPIR-Live in Atlantic City is any indication, it would have been one of the highlights of the trip for the San Diego crowd. Jeff Trachta, another CBS soap star(Jeff's on Bold and Beautiful) did no worse than Doug Davidson did 10 years ago as host. Daniel's hitting his strides as an announcer, too. Seems to me they're playing the same pricing games in AC as they did when the crowd of Invisioners went last month(Race Game, Cliff Hangers, Hole in One/Two, It's in the Bag), and even had some of the same prizes in the Showcase.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2004, 11:15:00 PM »
Jayne Meadows impressed me. She gave a most heartfelt tribute to Bill Cullen and described how she met her late husband Steve Allen. Her fondness for her friend Billy was genuine and it really came through. I came expecting not to be impressed by Jayne Meadows but I was.

I was so looking forward to spending an afternoon listening to Bob Stewart -- not just funny stories but about his career as the most prolific creator of games in the history of television. It was not meant to be, but it was quite something to see him standing next to Dick Clark.

We heard audio clips from Don Pardo, Betsy Palmer and Kitty Carlisle Hart. I hope it was not the last time we hear from dear Kitty.

Bob Boden shared terrific insights comparing classic game shows to the new era of reality shows.

It was fun meeting lots of new faces.

Bob Barker: Yeah he was there. I think Tom Kennedy might have pissed him off.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 11:18:46 PM by chris319 »

cmjb13

Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2004, 12:03:42 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Aug 16 2004, 11:15 PM\']Bob Barker: Yeah he was there. I think Tom Kennedy might have pissed him off.[/quote]
Hmmm...

Wonder why?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Neumms

Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2004, 12:18:08 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Aug 17 2004, 11:03 AM\'] [quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Aug 16 2004, 11:15 PM\']Bob Barker: Yeah he was there. I think Tom Kennedy might have pissed him off.[/quote]
Hmmm...

Wonder why? [/quote]
 He lets his dogs run wild all over Malibu humping anything with legs?

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2004, 04:17:02 PM »
A few random thoughts after a crazy fun weekend...

I never imagined that I could be in public, recite the text of a Whammy animation, and not be met with confused and/or suspicious stares. Heck, usually people joined in!

Mike Burger's super multi-show extravaganza is a lot of fun to play.

Betty White is still funny.

For whatever reason, playing the Money Cards with a gigantic deck makes the game a lot more fun.

I didn't get to see that much, but it's always nice to see the people in the VIP seats of the TPiR audience really get into yelling suggestions. It's just too bad Rich didn't have time to do his "DON'T HURT BOB" speech at that taping.

It was great meeting everybody over the course of the weekend, and a lot of fun, too. See you next year!

-- Scott Robinson

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2004, 04:42:20 PM »
At one point in the ceremonies Tom Kennedy turned to Barker and said "You've missed two tapings already" or words to that effect -- I have no idea what he meant by it. A few seconds later Barker rose from his chair and said, "Wait a minute, I do have a taping to go to" and left the room.

Go figure.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2004, 05:15:22 PM »
[quote name=\'MSTieScott\' date=\'Aug 17 2004, 01:17 PM\'] For whatever reason, playing the Money Cards with a gigantic deck makes the game a lot more fun.
 [/quote]
 Would you care to elaborate on this? You didn't actually see one of The Decks, did you?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2004, 06:31:36 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Aug 17 2004, 03:42 PM\'] At one point in the ceremonies Tom Kennedy turned to Barker and said "You've missed two tapings already" or words to that effect [/quote]
 Tom may possibly be referring to the two tapings Bob missed in late 1974, for which Dennis James filled in for him on the daytime show.

bellbm

Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2004, 07:01:19 PM »
I had a great time this weekend!  It was a quick trip, but I felt like I was gone for a week!  It was fun to meet everyone.  Everything was great until the LAX security debacle on Monday night, but who needs sleep.

Thanks to everyone who had a hand in organzing this event.  It's neat to meet so many other people who share a love for game shows.

Brian Bell

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2004, 07:57:17 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Aug 17 2004, 03:31 PM\'] [quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Aug 17 2004, 03:42 PM\'] At one point in the ceremonies Tom Kennedy turned to Barker and said "You've missed two tapings already" or words to that effect [/quote]
Tom may possibly be referring to the two tapings Bob missed in late 1974, for which Dennis James filled in for him on the daytime show. [/quote]
 Where would we be without Zach?

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2004, 07:59:51 PM »
[quote name=\'bellbm\' date=\'Aug 17 2004, 04:01 PM\'] I had a great time this weekend!  It was a quick trip, but I felt like I was gone for a week!  It was fun to meet everyone.  Everything was great until the LAX security debacle on Monday night, but who needs sleep.

Thanks to everyone who had a hand in organzing this event.  It's neat to meet so many other people who share a love for game shows.[/quote]
Why do I have a feeling that Bob Eubanks won't be attending one of these things? ;-)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 08:00:24 PM by chris319 »

bellbm

Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2004, 10:14:39 PM »
I think Bob feared for his life when he saw the white trellaces on the patio!

One unanswered question, though, is what color WAS the carpet on the pilot for THE RIDDLERS.

joshg

Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2004, 11:35:58 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Aug 17 2004, 03:57 PM\'][quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Aug 17 2004, 03:31 PM\'] [quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Aug 17 2004, 03:42 PM\'] At one point in the ceremonies Tom Kennedy turned to Barker and said "You've missed two tapings already" or words to that effect [/quote]
Tom may possibly be referring to the two tapings Bob missed in late 1974, for which Dennis James filled in for him on the daytime show. [/quote]
Where would we be without Zach?[/quote]
For the love of God, Zach... I'm guessing TK barely remembers stuff that happened *last week* than in 19 frickin 74... I was there, TK made a joke at Bob's expense (as did Betty White...), Bob wasn't the 100% center of attention, so after TK spoke and sat down, Bob found his 'exit line' and left the festivities... his part was over anyway (they had moved on to the Bill Cullen portion of the remarks)

I had a great time. It was great putting names to faces and mis-identifying people (by accident @;-P). The luncheon was outstanding... all of those people in that same room... purely a sight to behold. I want to thank everybody who was involved in the planning, it was truly a great weekend.

Funniest moment: a bunch of game show fans are playing games in the 'garden' at the Hilton Burbank and Bob Eubanks walks by (he was there for a totally unrelated event) and guess how many people noticed? Barely two... How funny is that? @;-)

Josh
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

Jimmy Owen

Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2004, 12:19:17 AM »
[quote name=\'matchgame\' date=\'Aug 17 2004, 10:35 PM\']

Funniest moment: a bunch of game show fans are playing games in the 'garden' at the Hilton Burbank and Bob Eubanks walks by (he was there for a totally unrelated event) and guess how many people noticed? Barely two... How funny is that? @;-)

Josh [/quote]
 Not too surprising.  If you remember those NBC Game Show Blooper shows, Bob did one show standing in the middle of a crowded shopping mall food court.  Not one person at the mall was paying attention to him.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.