Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Password Plus Question  (Read 1987 times)

TheInquisitiveOne

Password Plus Question
« on: August 11, 2004, 01:33:02 AM »
Hello everyone!

I have read at a website (I can't exactly remember where) that Gene Wood did a pre-taped voiceover during an episode of "Password Plus" concerning Allen Ludden. From what I remember, it was during Allen's entrance, and Wood explained that Allen was very sick at the time.

Does anybody remember this as it happened? Maybe Moderator Chris could chime in on this, since he worked closely with the show. Thanks in advance for the responses!

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

KrisW73

Password Plus Question
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 12:56:13 PM »
Yes I do remember a voiceover saying something to that effect, however the exact chapter and verse I do not recall.

AH3RD

Password Plus Question
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 03:52:57 PM »
[quote name=\'KrisW73\' date=\'Aug 11 2004, 11:56 AM\'] Yes I do remember a voiceover saying something to that effect, however the exact chapter and verse I do not recall. [/quote]
Actually, said voice over went like this:

"As you may know, Allen Ludden has become seriously ill. Our thoughts and prayers are with him and we wish him a speedy recovery."

Sadly, as we all know, this "speedy recovery" was never to be.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 03:54:03 PM by AH3RD »
Aaron Handy III - ah07_1999@yahoo.com

The ABC Password Page

The Aaron Handy III TV Web Shrine

Terry K

Password Plus Question
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 03:18:30 AM »
[quote name=\'AH3RD\' date=\'Aug 11 2004, 02:52 PM\'] [quote name=\'KrisW73\' date=\'Aug 11 2004, 11:56 AM\'] Yes I do remember a voiceover saying something to that effect, however the exact chapter and verse I do not recall. [/quote]
Actually, said voice over went like this:

"As you may know, Allen Ludden has become seriously ill. Our thoughts and prayers are with him and we wish him a speedy recovery."

Sadly, as we all know, this "speedy recovery" was never to be. [/quote]
 Was that done by Gene W, or an NBC Staff Announcer?  I recall someone saying it was an announcer at NBC instead of Gene due to the quick turn around needed.

AH3RD

Password Plus Question
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 05:08:41 PM »
[quote name=\'Terry K\' date=\'Aug 12 2004, 02:18 AM\']
Was that done by Gene W, or an NBC Staff Announcer?  I recall someone saying it was an announcer at NBC instead of Gene due to the quick turn around needed. [/quote]
 It was an NBC Staff Announcer.
Aaron Handy III - ah07_1999@yahoo.com

The ABC Password Page

The Aaron Handy III TV Web Shrine