Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: In other B&WO news from Bever-ly...  (Read 6957 times)

ilb4ever2000

In other B&WO news from Bever-ly...
« on: August 12, 2004, 05:54:10 PM »
The B&WO block will be moving back an hour (3-4 AM) on September 27th to accomodate an extra hour of infomercials. The Millionaire repeat will air at Midnight.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 06:29:06 PM »
With 5 hours nightly, I do believe this will be the largest amount of paid programming on the network since they started airing it a few years ago

digiblader

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 09:47:00 PM »
Bear in mind that GSN won't need the repeats once the Western feed starts.

So they might as well add the extra hour... since the 8-12 repeats will no longer be necessary with the Western feed available.

davemackey

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 06:28:06 AM »
Now maybe I can get some sleep.

sshuffield70

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 09:26:02 AM »
Conceivably, they could start B&WON at 12 and run it for two hours and still get seven hours of informercials.  And before you laugh at that, FX has been doing it for a good while.

MrBuddwing

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 03:30:08 PM »
I wish GSN would devote its "fringe" time to more classic shows, not necessarily just the black & white ones. For example, I wouldn't mind seeing the surviving color episodes of Collyer's "To Tell the Truth." It's a shame the color episodes of the original "What's My Line?" exist today only as b&w kinescopes. And I'm sorry I missed out on the Bruner-Blyden WMLs when they aired regularly on the former Game Show Network. (Then again, I don't think my cable company had GSN in those days.)

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2004, 07:12:30 PM »
[quote name=\'MrBuddwing\' date=\'Aug 16 2004, 03:30 PM\'] It's a shame the color episodes of the original "What's My Line?" exist today only as b&w kinescopes. [/quote]
I was under the impression that the original run only did about two episodes in color, and that they weren't preserved as kinescopes.

EDIT:  Aaaand this is what I get for checking here before The Big Board. :P
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 07:18:13 PM by Steve Gavazzi »

Ian Wallis

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2004, 12:28:47 PM »
It's a shame the color episodes of the original "What's My Line?" exist today only as b&w kinescopes. 

I was under the impression that the original run only did about two episodes in color, and that they weren't preserved as kinescopes.

There were two special color episodes in the '50s, but by 1966 ALL network primetime shows were in color, so the last year of "What's My Line" would have been originally broadcast in color.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2004, 12:55:42 PM »
Remember when Bill Cullen used to stop the show to remind viewers that "The Price is Right is being shown in black and white and color"  Why not just say color or were only portions of the show in color?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Mike Tennant

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2004, 01:14:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Aug 18 2004, 11:55 AM\']Remember when Bill Cullen used to stop the show to remind viewers that "The Price is Right is being shown in black and white and color"  Why not just say color or were only portions of the show in color?[/quote]
I suppose this was to make it clear that it could be seen on either a B&W or color TV.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2004, 02:38:13 PM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Aug 18 2004, 01:14 PM\'] [quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Aug 18 2004, 11:55 AM\']Remember when Bill Cullen used to stop the show to remind viewers that "The Price is Right is being shown in black and white and color"  Why not just say color or were only portions of the show in color?[/quote]
I suppose this was to make it clear that it could be seen on either a B&W or color TV. [/quote]
 Aren't black and white colors?  [ducking]

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2004, 03:03:10 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Aug 18 2004, 02:38 PM\'] Aren't black and white colors?  [ducking] [/quote]
 For you purists out there, technically black is the absence of all colors, and white is the presence of all colors.  So you could make the argument that black is not a color...if you really wanted to.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

CaseyAbell

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2004, 04:23:16 PM »
We could fight about this until we're...black and blue. Which would be only one color, right?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2004, 07:04:20 PM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Aug 18 2004, 01:23 PM\'] We could fight about this until we're...black and blue. Which would be only one color, right? [/quote]
 Total, yes. ;)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PPatters

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2004, 01:55:43 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Aug 18 2004, 02:03 PM\'] [quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Aug 18 2004, 02:38 PM\'] Aren't black and white colors?  [ducking] [/quote]
For you purists out there, technically black is the absence of all colors, and white is the presence of all colors.  So you could make the argument that black is not a color...if you really wanted to. [/quote]
 Well, if you want to get really picky... Green isn't green and blue isn't blue. They're the presence of all colors except for green or blue, therefore that color is visible to the eyes. So, if we contend that blue and green are what we traditionally refer to as "colors," then actually black is all colors, not the absence thereof. (Even, though, in light, it is technically the absence of all colors... weird to think of, I'm sure :))
Patrick