Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Big Date  (Read 2073 times)

irismason42

The Big Date
« on: August 12, 2004, 10:21:34 PM »
What were the rules of a USA Network original called "The Big Date"? and was Mark L. Wahlberg the star of the TBD? and was it part of the USA Live show list?

TonicBH

The Big Date
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 10:34:06 PM »
I know this shouldn't bug me that much, but it's spelled WALBERG. Wahlberg is the musician/actor. Walberg had a talk show. :P

anyway, I vaguely remember this show, maybe a trip to the trusty EOTVGS could aid me in this situation...
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

zachhoran

The Big Date
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 10:46:05 PM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Aug 12 2004, 09:21 PM\'] What were the rules of a USA Network original called "The Big Date"? and was Mark L. Wahlberg the star of the TBD? and was it part of the USA Live show list? [/quote]
 It was part of the USA Live afternoon block. LA-based 20-something singles were paired up and were asked questions. If their answers did not agree, one of the partners could choose to keep that person or trade it for someone behind the door, which could be another contestant, or the dating equivalent of a Zonk, Burt/Fern Dinkel(the same male would play both characters). The next round had the contestants(three male and three female) try to match up answers to see which couple were the most compatible At the end of the week, one of the five most compatible couples(one from each show), would get a trip. THe second season added a bonus round for the most compatible couple of the show, where they could win a trip by getting a certain number of answers right in 30 or 45 seconds(I forget which)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
The Big Date
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 10:48:39 PM »
[quote name=\'TonicBH\' date=\'Aug 12 2004, 07:34 PM\'] I know this shouldn't bug me that much, but it's spelled WALBERG. Wahlberg is the musician/actor. Walberg had a talk show. :P

anyway, I vaguely remember this show, maybe a trip to the trusty EOTVGS could aid me in this situation... [/quote]
 If that was the only thing about that post that bugged you, then you have far more patience than I. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe