Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR Home Game--Where?  (Read 2244 times)

gaubster2

TPIR Home Game--Where?
« on: August 13, 2004, 05:22:39 PM »
I know that some KMarts around the country have them, but so far nobody in the Portland, OR area has them yet.  (for those stores that have completed their reset, the tag is there, but the shelf is empty)  Has anybody picked up one of these anywhere else yet?

Chris

The Ol' Guy

TPIR Home Game--Where?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 11:56:14 PM »
Keep checking the K-Marts first. When I got mine last week, the store was in the process of redoing the game shelves and they were only half stocked. I noticed the printed label sheets had PIR listed and asked a clerk. She was kind enough to check the stock room and brought a case out. She went above and beyond. Since stores are probably getting ready for season, some stores may have the stock but don't have the staff or time to get it right out, along with other toys and games. The website boardgames.com has it - areyougame.com will probably have it soon. I stopped at a local Toys R Us yesterday - not there yet, but I noticed they have not carried the Osmond-cover Pyramid. At least in GR. With TRU in a state of flux right now, hard to say what they'll order anymore.

Craig Karlberg

TPIR Home Game--Where?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 04:30:23 AM »
I saw on tvgameshows.net that some stores are discounting the game's price to as low as $10.99.  Good luck finding it at that price.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a $9.99 sale price lurking about by Season 33's debut date.

ChuckNet

TPIR Home Game--Where?
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 02:33:26 PM »
I ordered my copy on Thu (8/11) via Boardgames.com...it arrived yesterday (8/12), and I can honestly say it was worth waiting for. Endless has really done a 180 quality-wise, and this game is a must-have for any GS fan, TPiR fan, or game collector!

Chuck Donegan (The Impressed "Chuckie Baby")

gaubster2

TPIR Home Game--Where?
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 07:18:35 PM »
OK, the Kmarts in the Portland, OR area finally have them in stock!  Picked mine up last night!

JohnTheGameMan

TPIR Home Game--Where?
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 08:33:15 PM »
There is not a K-Mart in San Jose, where I am, but there is one in Scotts Valley, which is about a 35 minute drive from where I live.  I went there today and lo and behold, the games were there.  I picked one up and I am very impressed with it.  Looking forward to playing it with others.  Worth the price, I may add!

curtking

TPIR Home Game--Where?
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004, 08:49:48 PM »
Anyone know where I can find one in Houston?  We don't have a KMart within 100 miles...or so the website says...

I've checked Toys R Us (as recently as last Saturday), but to no avail...

Thanks,
Curt

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPIR Home Game--Where?
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2004, 09:06:40 PM »
[quote name=\'JohnTheGameMan\' date=\'Aug 18 2004, 05:33 PM\'] There is not a K-Mart in San Jose, where I am, [/quote]
 I can think of two. Did the SuperK in Miliptas and the one on Saratoga both close?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

gaubster2

TPIR Home Game--Where?
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2004, 11:23:32 AM »
--------------------------
Anyone know where I can find one in Houston? We don't have a KMart within 100 miles...or so the website says...

I've checked Toys R Us (as recently as last Saturday), but to no avail...
--------------------------

I called the local Toys R Us last week and they told me they don't even have it in their warehouses yet and to check back "next month".  An online site is probably your best bet for the immediate future!

JohnTheGameMan

TPIR Home Game--Where?
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2004, 01:03:07 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 18 2004, 08:06 PM\'] [quote name=\'JohnTheGameMan\' date=\'Aug 18 2004, 05:33 PM\'] There is not a K-Mart in San Jose, where I am, [/quote]
I can think of two. Did the SuperK in Miliptas and the one on Saratoga both close? [/quote]
 I checked the kmart web site and it looks like that the Milpitas and Saratoga KMarts have closed.  There are KMarts in Hayward, Redwood City, and Newark.  Also there is one in Salinas.