Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Barker Sued  (Read 8747 times)

calliaume

Barker Sued
« on: August 14, 2004, 06:26:12 PM »
From the current Entertainment Weekly:

Claudia Jordan, a Barker's Beauty, and Sylvia Clement-Henry, a producer's assistant, filed suit Aug. 3 in L.A. against The Price Is Right and host Bob Barker, 80, claiming wrongful termination and racial discrimination.  The pair is seeking unspecified damages.  Barker's lawyer said the suit has "no basis in fact."

adamjk

Barker Sued
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 06:59:14 PM »
Wait, first off Claudia left on her own right? Secondly, I thought Claudia had said that Barker had nothing to do with what she went through. As for the other woman, I can't comment on that, because I do not know the basis behind it.

cmjb13

Barker Sued
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 07:06:32 PM »
I just saw Silvia earlier this year, so her departure must have been within the past few months.

She was always very friendly.

While I don't know all the specifics of what her job duties entailed, I do recall her helping with the interview process (helping as well as interviewing, but the latter didn't do to well). After that, I saw her help out with the contestant selection after the interviews.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

ClockGameJohn

Barker Sued
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 07:15:28 PM »
While I realize that the media is never wrong, I don't believe Sylvia was terminated.  She is still with the show to my knowledge.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Barker Sued
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2004, 06:13:56 AM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' date=\'Aug 14 2004, 03:26 PM\'] From the current Entertainment Weekly:

Claudia Jordan, a Barker's Beauty, and Sylvia Clement-Henry, a producer's assistant, filed suit Aug. 3 in L.A. against The Price Is Right and host Bob Barker, 80, claiming wrongful termination and racial discrimination.  The pair is seeking unspecified damages.  Barker's lawyer said the suit has "no basis in fact." [/quote]
 Wait a minute here ...

One of the tabloids reported that the tort against Barker was sexual harrassment. On her web site Claudia claimed it was not Barker who was harrassing her but someone else on the staff. Now the torts are wrongful termination and racial discrimination.

Here is my question: have they used black models on TPIR since Claudia left? (I don't watch any more.)

The plot sickens.

cmjb13

Barker Sued
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2004, 09:21:39 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Aug 15 2004, 06:13 AM\']Here is my question: have they used black models on TPIR since Claudia left? (I don't watch any more.)[/quote]
Yes.

Candace Smith, Lanisha Cole, and at least one other.

Earlier this year when I was there, there was no black model for the week. Instead they used Erika Valdez.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2004, 09:22:06 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Barker Sued
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2004, 01:07:43 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Aug 15 2004, 06:21 AM\'] [quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Aug 15 2004, 06:13 AM\']Here is my question: have they used black models on TPIR since Claudia left? (I don't watch any more.)[/quote]
Yes.

Candace Smith, Lanisha Cole, and at least one other.

Earlier this year when I was there, there was no black model for the week. Instead they used Erika Valdez. [/quote]
 So much for Claudia's claim of "racial discrimination".

Kevin Prather

Barker Sued
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2004, 02:10:32 PM »
Something tells me this is nothing more than a ridiculous tabloid with no truth behind it.

Skynet74

Barker Sued
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2004, 02:49:01 PM »
I just saw Claudia Jordan a few weeks ago being interviewed on a local radio show that's also simulcast On Cable TV here in Providence. The host John Depetro and Claudia are old friends. Claudia mention first hand that it was NOT Barker who harrassed her. It was a producer who has since been terminated. She referred to him as the one with the Beard. She repeatedly said during that Broadcast that she was not suing Barker. She said he did not talk to the models much but was always a gentleman around her. So unless something has changed in the last three weeks, Claudia is not holding Bob accountable for anything.

John

dzinkin

Barker Sued
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2004, 03:42:54 PM »
I've decided to sue Bob Barker for religious discrimination.  I've never been hired to be a TPIR model -- and obviously it's because I'm Jewish.

Now, how long before this ends up in the tabloids...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2004, 03:43:31 PM by dzinkin »

cmjb13

Barker Sued
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2004, 05:47:21 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Aug 15 2004, 02:49 PM\']She referred to him as the one with the Beard. [/quote]
He didn't have a beard. He had a moustache.

[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Aug 15 2004, 03:42 PM\']I've decided to sue Bob Barker for religious discrimination. I've never been hired to be a TPIR model -- and obviously it's because I'm Jewish.
[/quote]
Need we forget Nikki Schieler Ziering

A quote from Claudia's yahoo group:

"I also have appeared in the National Enquierer twice this summer reguarding my case with Price is RIght (Check it out, it'll only be on news stands a couple more
days, august 26th issue).

Also according to her, Sylvia is still on the show.

Skynet74

Barker Sued
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2004, 06:45:54 PM »
I'm considering a fake fall and landing on Barker's feet. Then I'm going to accuse him of kicking me in the Nuts.

Hey This is Fun! ;-)

John

J.R.

Barker Sued
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2004, 02:34:20 PM »
For the love of it all. Why can't these people leave Bob Barker alone ? I'm getting sick and tired about hearing story after story of Bob getting sued. I think all of these lawsuits the past 15 years are a bunch of "Balderdash".

I also don't thing an old man should be repeatedly dragged though the court system again and again. Stress is not good for someone his age.

OBBalderdash: Elaine Boosler once appeared on Kennedy "Break the Bank".
-Joe R.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 02:35:33 PM by JRaygor »
-Joe Raygor

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Barker Sued
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2004, 03:00:50 PM »
For the love of it all. Why can't these people leave Bob Barker alone?
Because he is a wealthy man. They see deep pockets. If they can live off a settlement/judgement for the rest of their lives, it beats working, especially when you're entire career history has consisted of being a game show model.

TV Favorites

Barker Sued
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2004, 04:18:07 PM »
Claudia made a post regarding this over at G-R.net.  If you want to take a look at it, here is the link to the thread (second post from the top)

http://www.golden-road.net/modules.php?nam...iewtopic&t=4934
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 04:18:51 PM by TV Favorites »