Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy  (Read 2501 times)

adamjk

Jeopardy
« on: August 16, 2004, 07:37:19 PM »
How is the order as to who plays when in the tournament of champs, and other tourneys in the quarterfinals determined?

How is the order for who plays when in the semis?

JayC

Jeopardy
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 11:52:17 PM »
I'd assume they'd do it in order of most amount of money won to least, but I don't really know.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Jeopardy
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 12:11:39 AM »
[quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Aug 16 2004, 08:52 PM\'] I'd assume they'd do it in order of most amount of money won to least, but I don't really know. [/quote]
That would be ridiculous, you'd knock off two of your top 3 seeds in a single quarterfinal.

I'm guessing at least the first round is determined by lot. The semis might be, as well, or else they might be engineered so that the overall high scorer along quarterfinal winners gets to play two wildcards in his or her semi, and the other four play each of the remaining two wildcards.

I could entirely be speaking ex-rectum, but that seems like the fairest way to do it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 12:11:51 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Steve McClellan

Jeopardy
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 12:52:23 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 16 2004, 09:11 PM\']I could entirely be speaking ex-rectum, but that seems like the fairest way to do it.[/quote]
Bingo on both counts. For the semis, it's completely up to the discretion of the producers. I can only assume that that's the same for the quarters.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Jeopardy
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 11:35:42 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowsteve\' date=\'Aug 17 2004, 09:52 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 16 2004, 09:11 PM\']I could entirely be speaking ex-rectum, but that seems like the fairest way to do it.[/quote]
Bingo on both counts. For the semis, it's completely up to the discretion of the producers. I can only assume that that's the same for the quarters. [/quote]
 That was gonna be my second guess. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe