Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Just Hours To Go Now  (Read 6896 times)

Chelsea Thrasher

Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2004, 12:48:28 AM »
That's a wee bit different....Average folks walking through a mall...Bob Eubanks isn't as recognizable as he might have been in the 60s/70s (or even late 80s or late 90s when those runs of NG were on)...If they don't notice, not surprising.

BUT, Eubanks walks by a bunch of *game show fans* who should notice when Bob Eubanks walks by...and all of two notice.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2004, 01:39:21 AM »
I think Bob feared for his life when he saw the white trellaces on the patio!
If I were Bob Eubanks and I saw a bunch of guys who can't get a date on Saturday night standing around imitating the Big Wheel "doot-doot-doot" sound, I think I'd get out of there ASAP.

One unanswered question, though, is what color WAS the carpet on the pilot for THE RIDDLERS?
Alas, the answer to that question will go to Bob Stewart's grave with him. Unless someone reading this has a copy of the Riddlers pilot.

And you haven't really seen The Price Is Right until you've seen it with all the pricing games played on a horizontal tabletop -- especially P!inko.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 01:42:02 AM by chris319 »

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2004, 01:50:46 AM »
Bob wasn't the 100% center of attention, so after TK spoke and sat down, Bob found his 'exit line' and left the festivities... his part was over anyway
Well, maybe he had an animal to neuter.

I got the distinct impression that when Barker whined about the ovation he got on the way to the dais not being as big as the one he got entering the room, he wasn't joking. I think Fred Wostbrock/Westbrook lured Barker there by saying that was the day they were finally going to erect the 30-foot bronze statue of him.

Some of the other luminaries made like they had to get out of there in a hurry. What the heck for? Your career is over. You have taken up residence in oblivion-ville. You are a living entry in a trivia book. What could you POSSIBLY have going on that's so pressing that you have to leave right away? A shuffleboard tournament at the home for game show octagenarians?

So what did T.K. mean by that remark?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 02:12:18 AM by chris319 »

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2004, 12:07:02 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 17 2004, 04:15 PM\'] [quote name=\'MSTieScott\' date=\'Aug 17 2004, 01:17 PM\'] For whatever reason, playing the Money Cards with a gigantic deck makes the game a lot more fun.
 [/quote]
Would you care to elaborate on this? You didn't actually see one of The Decks, did you? [/quote]
 I wish! No, Jason Hernandez had brought a deck of big (I'd say Hit Me-sized) playing cards that he said he found in Vegas and weren't available anymore (suuuuure...), so the natural thing to do was play Money Cards. Stupid aces kept showing up after queens and kings for me. Top score was $16,100, though I can't remember who got that.

-- Scott

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2004, 12:36:05 PM »
[quote name=\'MSTieScott\' date=\'Aug 18 2004, 09:07 AM\'] I wish! No, Jason Hernandez had brought a deck of big (I'd say Hit Me-sized) playing cards that he said he found in Vegas and weren't available anymore (suuuuure...), so the natural thing to do was play Money Cards. [/quote]
 Fo shizzle. He's probably right in that they're not available...I check the Gambler's General Store website quite regularly for such things (and the bottom line is, if GGS doesn't have it, you're not getting it in Vegas, and for the right price you can get damn near ANYTHING in Vegas, if you know what I mean, including a social disease, and I haven't come close to seeing then. Rest assured, the day I do, I will own two decks, one red, one blue, if I can....
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Don Howard

Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2004, 03:48:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Aug 17 2004, 11:48 PM\'] Eubanks walks by a bunch of *game show fans* who should notice when Bob Eubanks walks by...and all of two notice. [/quote]
 I know. I know. I picked a helluva bad time to have to use the restroom.
I rather enjoyed it when Bob Barker walked into the luncheon hall and from a far corner of the room, I bellowed, "BOB BARKER!!!" and the crowd gave him a big ovation as if he'd just come through the big doors. Shortly thereafter at the podium, Stosh Beverly gave him his official introduction and he received about half of that. Bob even commented on this when he got to the microphone. While it's nothing like the greeting he gets when introduced at Television City, at least I can legitimately claim that I once announced the arrival of the star of The Price Is Right.

Pyramid80

Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2004, 09:05:32 AM »
I think I read the Fred Wostbrock was at the GSC3.  Did he sign copies of the "new game show book"?

Don Howard

Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2004, 11:20:26 AM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Aug 19 2004, 08:05 AM\'] I think I read the Fred Wostbrock was at the GSC3.  Did he sign copies of the "new game show book"? [/quote]
 Fred was there, but I didn't see the book. Of course, I wasn't looking for it.

Pyramid80

Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2004, 12:14:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Aug 19 2004, 10:20 AM\'] Fred was there, but I didn't see the book. Of course, I wasn't looking for it. [/quote]
 I wouldn't be looking for the book either, not when you could have the real deal right there in front of you!  :-)

Matt Ottinger

Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2004, 12:56:56 PM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Aug 19 2004, 09:05 AM\'] I think I read the Fred Wostbrock was at the GSC3.  Did he sign copies of the "new game show book"? [/quote]
 The publisher didn't have the book ready in time, and Fred was very upset about not having it available for the Congress.  It's been delayed several times now, and still is a few weeks away according to Fred.  Our member "Mrs. Game Show" will probably tell us when it comes out.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Timsterino

Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2004, 05:54:25 PM »
It was a great Sunday. The Congress was well done and the luncheon was something I will never forget. It was just amazing looking over to the center tables and seeing so many veterans of this awesome genre.

Those of you who I had a chance to meet, it was great to meet you. I am sorry I did not get the chance to meet everyone. Maybe next time.

I did get tickets from tvtix.com to see Jeopardy! on Tuesday and I had a blast. That was my first time seeing Jeopardy tape.

What an awesome time.

Tim :-)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Just Hours To Go Now
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2004, 03:27:41 AM »
the luncheon was something I will never forget
Jack Narz has already forgotten he was there.

Just kidding!