Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fandango and Top Card  (Read 1734 times)

johnnya2k3

Fandango and Top Card
« on: August 19, 2004, 05:08:02 AM »
Back in the day, TNN had two game shows in the '80s, Fandango and Top Card. The merger of CBS and Viacom almost five years ago meant TNN had to take their country belongings to CMT, and we all know what would become of TNN after the WWE moved there and things had to be restructured big time, thus becoming Spike TV.

But what if CMT decided to fill an extra slot? All they could do is put Fandango and Top Card on there. The only problem is they're still gathering dust somewhere in Nashville next to all those old tapes of "Nashville Now", "Country Kitchen", and "(You Can) Be A Star." (Crook & Chase, which started out as TNN's answer to Entertainment Tonight/Access Hollywood/Extra/E! News Live, is by somebody else)

Maybe as a direct competitor to GSN, Nick GAS can become GameWorld using Viacom's game show library. I'd love to see Remote Control, Singled Out, Wipeout, Classic Star Search (yes, Viacom has those), Make Me Laugh '79, Anything For Money, Trashed, My Generation, and whatever else they have on there; dunno about TPIR '94.

Jonathan Allen

DrBear

Fandango and Top Card
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 08:08:23 AM »
Don't expect it. Like MTV and VH1 before it, CMT is getting away from country music and more into the country lifestyle as seen by Viacom - more movies, documentaries about bull riding, and shows like "most outrageout moments." In otherwords, List TV to stop the channel flipper. They want to skew younger, so don't look for games.

Or country music other than the new, hot, young acts. (GAC is much better for actual country music).
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.