Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Millionaire Lifeline Tweak  (Read 7061 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Millionaire Lifeline Tweak
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2004, 11:44:17 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 05:57 AM\'] Will this lifeline require that a player must answer the question they "switched", and cannot walk away after seeing it? [/quote]
 It was reported on this board as early as yesterday that a player can still walk away from the Switched question.

(See? That's me trying to be more like Zach. Just a little shout-out to my detractors out there.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Brig Bother

« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2004, 12:05:16 PM »
I'd be surprised if they weren't the rules, although I'm also a bit surprised that this is going to be a free lifeline. Whenever the "flip the question" rule has been on our UK Millionaire, it's always been at the cost of another lifeline - so a person with all their lifelines intact could flip up to three times in the hope they'd see a question they liked.

To be able to switch a question and then not be allowed to walk away would be unbelievably harsh, especially during the third tier.

OntarioQuizzer

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2004, 01:21:50 PM »
My question is, who's going to be the first contestant to stick his Phone-A-Friends on the AIM voting cabal?

MillionaireIM: Now you can help Contestants in the Hot Seat during a taping of Millionaire!  If a Contestant uses the Ask the Audience lifeline, we will Instant Message you their multiple-choice question.  Submit your choice right away, then we'll IM you back with the correct answer. You do not have to respond.  Millionaire will be taping weekdays from August 27, 2004 through January 16, 2005.

By the looks of it, if a contestant really needed to, they could go Ask The Audience, then hem and haw, and go Phone-A-Friend to one of the people who'd just been given the correct answer by MillionaireIM!

Peter Sarrett

« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2004, 02:34:29 PM »
[quote name=\'OntarioQuizzer\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 12:21 PM\'] By the looks of it, if a contestant really needed to, they could go Ask The Audience, then hem and haw, and go Phone-A-Friend to one of the people who'd just been given the correct answer by MillionaireIM! [/quote]
 I think it's safe to expect that the correct answer won't be broadcast over IM until the hotseat player makes his final answer.  However, I think you're correct that a phone-a-friend on the IM list would see the question when the Ask the Audience lifeline is invoked, thus giving him plenty of time to Google and do other research to find the correct answer before being called.

Burning two lifelines on a single question is never something players intend to do, but it certainly happens.  I think being on the AIM list will join having multiple Google windows running as standard phone-a-friend procedure for players who are on the ball.

Steve McClellan

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2004, 02:41:20 PM »
[quote name=\'OntarioQuizzer\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 10:21 AM\']My question is, who's going to be the first contestant to stick his Phone-A-Friends on the AIM voting cabal?[/quote]
[Realizes he's on cabal and PaF list for premiere-week contestant. Gets guilty look on face.]

Well, that's not a bad idea, so long at it's not a question you *mind* blowing two lifelines on, which in my mind would have to be the tenth question at the very least. This also implies that the contestant has *gotten* both lifelines that far into the game.

So, on the whole [phrase used without permission of John Davidson :-Þ], I'd say that issue ranks well below even 50:50 + Double Dip on the list of worries for the show.

Steve McClellan

« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2004, 02:42:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Peter Sarrett\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 11:34 AM\']I think being on the AIM list will join having multiple Google windows running as standard phone-a-friend procedure for players who are on the ball.[/quote]
Besides, it'll give me something to do while waiting for the call! :)