Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel/Jeopardy  (Read 4420 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Wheel/Jeopardy
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2004, 05:38:52 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Aug 19 2004, 02:02 PM\'] I take it you don't care for Wheel much. [/quote]
 This may surprise you, but there are a _lot_ of us who don't care for Wheel much.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

HairMetalLives

Wheel/Jeopardy
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2004, 06:36:22 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 19 2004, 02:38 PM\'] [quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Aug 19 2004, 02:02 PM\'] I take it you don't care for Wheel much. [/quote]
This may surprise you, but there are a _lot_ of us who don't care for Wheel much. [/quote]
 I don't care for "Wheel" much myself... anymore. I'd MUCH rather watch old[er] tapes of past episodes. Too plug happy and -- I don't know the word to describe it -- glitzy? This is just my opinion (and I'm guessing I'm in the minority), but I think the show was best in the late 80s and early 90s. I don't care for the shopping much.

urbanpreppie05

Wheel/Jeopardy
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2004, 06:36:48 PM »
BUT....there are some that still watch the show, albeit infrequently.
insert signature here

BrandonFG

Wheel/Jeopardy
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2004, 06:48:21 PM »
[quote name=\'HairMetalLives\' date=\'Aug 19 2004, 05:36 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 19 2004, 02:38 PM\'] [quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Aug 19 2004, 02:02 PM\'] I take it you don't care for Wheel much. [/quote]
This may surprise you, but there are a _lot_ of us who don't care for Wheel much. [/quote]
I don't care for "Wheel" much myself... anymore. I'd MUCH rather watch old[er] tapes of past episodes. Too plug happy and -- I don't know the word to describe it -- glitzy? This is just my opinion (and I'm guessing I'm in the minority), but I think the show was best in the late 80s and early 90s. I don't care for the shopping much. [/quote]
 Same here. I loved Wheel growing up, but I don't care for what it has become, which Neumms pretty much summed up. I watch from time to time, but it doesn't hold my interest like it used to, the way J! still does. All the high-tech stuff gives me a cold feeling, but maybe the 1.5 million colors of light can cheer me up.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

adamjk

Wheel/Jeopardy
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2004, 07:35:41 PM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Aug 19 2004, 05:36 PM\'] BUT....there are some that still watch the show, albeit infrequently. [/quote]
 No one is disputing the fact that there are people who still enjoy the show today. If there wasn't the show would have already been cancelled. People are just saying, that the show isn't as fun to watch as it once was. It's became a shell of its former self. Personally, all the plugs and such doesn't bother me much. They are only doing the things they need to do to keep the show fresh and interesting. You can't fault them for trying to keep up with the times. Besides, I mainly watch to play along with the puzzles. Plus Pat and Vanna are fun to watch together.

Ian Wallis

Wheel/Jeopardy
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2004, 01:10:45 PM »
Wheel has long run beyond its course, IMHO.

You know, I actually thought the same thing about "Price is Right" about 10 years ago, but now I'm really enjoying it again.  I think that's the thing about these long running shows - sometimes you get tired of them, but when you're ready for them again they're still there for you.  Call it maybe a "second wind".

How long is each show currently renewed for - 2006 isn't it?
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Don Howard

Wheel/Jeopardy
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2004, 01:40:07 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Aug 19 2004, 06:35 PM\'] Pat and Vanna are fun to watch together. [/quote]
 Pat and Vanna are two sticks of gum. Have a look at Chuck and Susan's banter if you've a tape of them and then have a look at Pat and Vanna. No comparison.
And how soon will it be until the BANKRUPT space is sponsored by Enron?

Steve McClellan

Wheel/Jeopardy
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2004, 02:36:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Aug 20 2004, 10:40 AM\'] And how soon will it be until the BANKRUPT space is sponsored by Enron? [/quote]
 Nah, they're in no position to be sponsoring anything.

Trump, on the other hand... :)

adamjk

Wheel/Jeopardy
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2004, 02:51:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Aug 20 2004, 12:10 PM\']
Wheel has long run beyond its course, IMHO.

You know, I actually thought the same thing about "Price is Right" about 10 years ago, but now I'm really enjoying it again.  I think that's the thing about these long running shows - sometimes you get tired of them, but when you're ready for them again they're still there for you.  Call it maybe a "second wind".

How long is each show currently renewed for - 2006 isn't it? [/quote]
 At this point one would assume Price is Right will go on until Bob steps down at least. He is the show more or less after all. Once Bob steps down, then we can start talking renewals. FYI, Bob normally signs on for 1 more year at a time at his age.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Wheel/Jeopardy
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2004, 04:27:57 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Aug 19 2004, 11:25 AM\'] When do you think these two shows will finally meet their ends? [/quote]
When Ken Jennings loses on his 4369th episode.
For Wheel, it's when you have "The category is Thing...brought to you by Today's Girl Pantyhose!
I take it you don't care for Wheel much
The show went down the hill the day Sony took over.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2004, 04:30:48 PM by Dsmith »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

adamjk

Wheel/Jeopardy
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2004, 04:39:06 PM »
When did they take over the show?

uncamark

Wheel/Jeopardy
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2004, 06:12:04 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Aug 20 2004, 03:39 PM\']When did they take over the show?[/quote]
Sony bought Columbia Pictures in 1991 and merged the Merv Griffin Enterprises division into Columbia TriStar Television in 1994 or so.

If somone wants to pinpoint when they may've stopped liking "Wheel," it would probably be when Nancy Jones was replaced as producer by Harry Friedman--was that 1995 or 1996?

HairMetalLives

Wheel/Jeopardy
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2004, 12:53:36 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Aug 20 2004, 03:12 PM\'] [quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Aug 20 2004, 03:39 PM\']When did they take over the show?[/quote]
Sony bought Columbia Pictures in 1991 and merged the Merv Griffin Enterprises division into Columbia TriStar Television in 1994 or so.

If somone wants to pinpoint when they may've stopped liking "Wheel," it would probably be when Nancy Jones was replaced as producer by Harry Friedman--was that 1995 or 1996? [/quote]
 Ah ha!! So THAT'S why they've started to suck! I said in an earlier post that I thought they were best fromt he late 80s-early 90s. And Sony took over... in the early 90s, apparently.