Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Post-Jennings, a tumble for 'Jeopardy'  (Read 1920 times)

dzinkin

Post-Jennings, a tumble for 'Jeopardy'
« on: August 19, 2004, 06:01:25 PM »
"When Alex Trebek bid Ken Jennings adieu in July, he had good reason to see him return in September. Now the host of 'Jeopardy' has even more reason."

Full article here

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 04:31:41 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Aug 19 2004, 05:01 PM\'] "When Alex Trebek bid Ken Jennings adieu in July, he had good reason to see him return in September. Now the host of 'Jeopardy' has even more reason."

Full article here [/quote]
 Perhaps we could "sticky" this to the top of the board so certain individuals have a clue as to how to properly quote.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

uncamark

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 06:14:46 PM »
Of course, the writer hasn't bothered to point out that what's been airing the last couple of weeks is repeats, just as it's been for years now.  The ratings are always going to take a tumble in repeat season.  Does he think that they should've dropped the repeats and make whatever many new shows were necessary for Ken to end his streak?

tommycharles

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2004, 12:58:14 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Aug 20 2004, 05:14 PM\'] Does he think that they should've dropped the repeats and make whatever many new shows were necessary for Ken to end his streak? [/quote]
 I have to wonder... did the J! producers actually think about this? Surely it wouldn't have been any less profitable to show new eps in August with Ken's ratings than to hold them back for September?

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2004, 06:41:55 AM »
I predict the ratings will get a little lift when Ken returns, then they will settle down to normal before he leaves the show. He's passed the $1 million mark, he's made his talk show appearances and has been in USA Today. The novelty has worn off and I predict the ratings will eventually reflect that.