Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bargain Hunters  (Read 5252 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Bargain Hunters
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2004, 11:54:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Aug 16 2004, 10:49 PM\'] [quote name=\'JacksonBrowne1980\' date=\'Aug 16 2004, 11:16 PM\'] i am hostign a netgame called 'Net Bargain Hunters; if you want to play juse send me an e-mail; others will be on the waiting list. [/quote]
Why would you want to host a netgame of a show that everyone besides you despised? [/quote]
 Not to mention netgames aren't even allowed on this board...I gotta ask one question though: Is Kimberly your co-host?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

JacksonBrowne1980

• I Played With The Toys At My Schools I Went To
Bargain Hunters
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2004, 11:56:43 AM »
no, mr. smith; i do not have co-hosts for my netgame
Erik "Taz" Mokracek

"Well, I Guess You Have To Be 35 Before Anyone Around Here Listens To You" - Alex Pruitt From "Home Alone 3"

urbanpreppie05

Bargain Hunters
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2004, 12:57:26 PM »
WOOSH!

Is the theme song to your net game the same song as a PBS show with mythical creatures and two kids with the initials M and E?
insert signature here

Steve Gavazzi

Bargain Hunters
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2004, 01:03:32 PM »
[quote name=\'JacksonBrowne1980\' date=\'Aug 16 2004, 11:50 PM\'] i decided to make this netgame, and i hope to get more players. [/quote]
 You know, answers that don't really answer anything aren't very helpful.

sshuffield70

Bargain Hunters
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2004, 02:31:50 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Aug 16 2004, 10:49 PM\'] [quote name=\'JacksonBrowne1980\' date=\'Aug 16 2004, 11:16 PM\'] i am hostign a netgame called 'Net Bargain Hunters; if you want to play juse send me an e-mail; others will be on the waiting list. [/quote]
Why would you want to host a netgame of a show that everyone besides you despised? [/quote]
 PJTP (Playing just to play) of course!!

WorldClassRob

Bargain Hunters
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2004, 01:47:37 PM »
[quote name=\'AZAndrewG\' date=\'Aug 14 2004, 02:31 AM\'] If I'm not mistaken, Tomarken is on record as saying "Bargain Hunters" was a "piece of s***."  And looking back at the show, I tend to agree with him.  :-)

Andrew [/quote]
 You're right, Andrew.  Peter did say just that, and trust me, he was not very happy about the production or concept of this show.  In the last episode, Tomarken was all smiles (and you can probably imagine why).

=)

gsnstooge

Bargain Hunters
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2004, 02:03:43 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Aug 13 2004, 09:38 PM\'] [quote name=\'JacksonBrowne1980\' date=\'Aug 13 2004, 09:01 PM\'] i remember a game show called "Bargain Hunters" i thought it was a fun game show to watch; i watched it on Channel 7 (WABC) i know game 2 was bargain trap; i forgot what the other 2 games were and i forgot what the end game was, someone help me out.  i was only 6 years old [/quote]
The first game had questions read by Peter TOmarken with a price listed for an item or service. Contestants buzzed in and had to say whether the price mentioned was a bargain or not. Three correct answers won the round, a prize,  and the player moved on to the final round.
The third round had items shown with three possible bargain prices. The contestants picked which one they thought was right. THe first player to get three correct answers won the prizes they got right and moved on to the final round.
The final round was SUper Savers, where the players were shown seven items with bargain prices. The three winners from earlier in the show selected the three prizes that were the most below the actual retail price. The player that picked the three items saving the most money would win those three prizes and a bonus prize. On the finale, there was a tie as two players picked the same three items. The tiebreaker was to predict how much all seven items were marked down altogether. THe player who came the closest to that amount won. On the finale, all seven prizes and a car were awarded to the champion. No returning champions on this show. [/quote]
 What kind of car was it and what was the value that was offered on the finale? Also would Peter have called it you-know-what had there not been no home shopping segments?

JacksonBrowne1980

Bargain Hunters
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2004, 09:04:20 PM »
dunno; i don't remember; if it was revived today, i would have watched it; i think it should have had a syndie run as well.
Erik "Taz" Mokracek

"Well, I Guess You Have To Be 35 Before Anyone Around Here Listens To You" - Alex Pruitt From "Home Alone 3"

zachhoran

Bargain Hunters
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2004, 09:28:23 PM »
[quote name=\'gsnstooge\' date=\'Aug 21 2004, 01:03 PM\']
What kind of car was it and what was the value that was offered on the finale? [/quote]
 It was a $7K(in 1987 dollars) Pontiac Le Mans.

JacksonBrowne1980

Bargain Hunters
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2004, 09:30:37 PM »
thanks, zach for telling us what kind of car it was
Erik "Taz" Mokracek