Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More of the best & worst  (Read 4883 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
More of the best & worst
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2004, 11:44:26 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 08:58 AM\'] [quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 09:36 AM\'] You'd put Laurie Faso in there, too. [/quote]
Personally, I think his career went downhill after "Marlo and the Magic Movie Machine." [/quote]
 He had a career? :)
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
More of the best & worst
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2004, 11:48:37 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 08:44 AM\'] He had a career? :) [/quote]
I believe you'll find it stuck in the Iso-Zone(tm)....
« Last Edit: August 24, 2004, 11:48:44 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

gshowguy

More of the best & worst
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2004, 01:23:52 PM »
Or, you can try checking IMDb and see if he's there.

gshowguy

More of the best & worst
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2004, 01:40:44 PM »
BTW, while we're still on the topic of "best & worst", most of my opinions came from US game shows. Here's my best and worst on the foreign stuff you seem to not want to talk about much:

Host:

BEST: A tie! It's between Rob Elliott (of Aussie WoF) and Marco Antonio Regil (of Mexican FF). They seem to really enjoy the games they do (at least until Rob was in his final months on the show).

WORST: Any host of "Guerra de los Sexos" (a Venezuelan game show). They are WAYYYY too hyper.

Announcer:

BEST: Gotta appreciate John Deeks (of many Aussie games on the Seven Network). He's really enjoying himself.

WORST: I can't think of any, other than the "Megavoz" of "Mega Match".

Set:

BEST: The set of the Mexican FF from 2001-2003. It's very traditional to Mexicans.

WORST: The sets of all those Venezuelan game shows I see on Telefutura. They are cheaply built.

Contestant:

BEST: Virginia of Aussie $otC. Being the only player to buzz in on the questions during the "Fast Money" round and ending the game with $155 proves she's a smart woman.

WORST: Charles Ingram of British WWtbaM. And we know why.

Music:

BEST: 2001 music from the Mexican FF and current Aussie WoF music. They are extremely upbeat and catchy. I'd also include the classic WWtbaM theme tune, as it started in England.

WORST: The 1983 theme tune to the British FF. Banjos don't fit in well with England. In Canada or Australia, however, that's a different story.

aaron sica

More of the best & worst
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2004, 01:47:40 PM »
[quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 01:40 PM\'] BTW, while we're still on the topic of "best & worst", most of my opinions came from US game shows. Here's my best and worst on the foreign stuff you seem to not want to talk about much:
 [/quote]
 If we don't want to talk about it much, why are you posting another list?

adamjk

More of the best & worst
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2004, 01:52:14 PM »
BEST: A tie! It's between Rob Elliott (of Aussie WoF) and Marco Antonio Regil (of Mexican FF). They seem to really enjoy the games they do (at least until Rob was in his final months on the show).

What was Rob like in his final months? Was he like Richard Dawson in his final year or so of Feud in the mid 80's?

BrandonFG

More of the best & worst
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2004, 03:28:22 PM »
[quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 12:23 PM\'] Or, you can try checking IMDb and see if he's there. [/quote]
 WHOOOOOOOOSH!
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

gshowguy

More of the best & worst
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2004, 05:05:50 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 12:52 PM\']

What was Rob like in his final months? Was he like Richard Dawson in his final year or so of Feud in the mid 80's? [/quote]
 Not quite. Someone on this message board said he quit because he started getting less and less into the game, plus the producers wanted to fire him just so they could get a younger host.

Before this show, he hosted a crapfest (apparent to Australians) called "Talking Telephone Numbers", with cheesy play-at-home elements, and NO CONTESTANTS.

I think another show Rob could do would be the Aussie Match Game (called "Blankety Blanks"). He says that was his favorite game show growing up. I read about it on the Australian Wheel of Fortune Page.

Here's the link:
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~cedar95/article130400.htm

adamjk

More of the best & worst
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2004, 05:32:47 PM »
From clips I saw, he was more subdued early on, and he got more into it as he went on. His screaming of: YEAAHHHHHHH! when a big win happened, is example of that.

gshowguy

More of the best & worst
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2004, 06:26:45 PM »
Perhaps Rob had too much fun or something. At least he's not close to Patrick Wayne.

ChuckNet

More of the best & worst
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2004, 06:35:31 PM »
From what I understand, Elliott was a bit too outspoken, which didn't sit well w/the Seven staff...though I still think they could've picked a better replacement.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")
« Last Edit: August 25, 2004, 06:53:36 PM by ChuckNet »

gshowguy

More of the best & worst
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2004, 06:40:57 PM »
Nine? It's Seven that airs the Aussie version.

MikeK

• Martha!
More of the best & worst
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2004, 07:38:59 PM »
[quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 06:40 PM\'] Nine? It's Seven that airs the Aussie version. [/quote]
 Let's split the difference and say it was on Eight.

DrBear

More of the best & worst
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2004, 07:12:27 AM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 05:38 PM\'] [quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 06:40 PM\'] Nine? It's Seven that airs the Aussie version. [/quote]
Let's split the difference and say it was on Eight. [/quote]
 Well, if you had one of those old tuners, it Could have come in on eight...
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.