Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Clockwise Wheel of WoF...  (Read 15822 times)

Kevin Prather

The Clockwise Wheel of WoF...
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2004, 05:09:31 PM »
Hmm. Where have I heard that before?

http://gameshow.ipbhost.com/index.php?show...indpost&p=48563

Oh yeah! :P

ChuckNet

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2004, 06:40:21 PM »
I honestly don't remember when it happened, except that it was in the '80s, and I don't remember if it was daytime or nighttime run...

I'm inclined to believe it was daytime, since nighttime WoF didn't have theme weeks until the early 90s, IIRC.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

zachhoran

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2004, 07:40:51 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 05:40 PM\']
I honestly don't remember when it happened, except that it was in the '80s, and I don't remember if it was daytime or nighttime run...

I'm inclined to believe it was daytime, since nighttime WoF didn't have theme weeks until the early 90s, IIRC.

[/quote]
 The first nighttime WOF theme week was Battle of the Sexes week, airing originally in September 1987, just a few weeks before the all-cash format was introduced.

Don Howard

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2004, 08:59:00 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 06:40 PM\'] [quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 05:40 PM\']

[/quote]
The first nighttime WOF theme week was Battle of the Sexes week, airing originally in September 1987, just a few weeks before the all-cash format was introduced. [/quote]
 When was the first Wheel Of Fortune episode that featured a contestant named Brittany?

dazztardly

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2004, 12:31:23 AM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 10:06 AM\'] On a MOGSM-equivalent in the UK a few years back, they showed a WoF taping that had to be stopped for four (yes, four) hours because someone spun the wheel the wrong way and it would no longer move. Evidently the American wheel is setup differently. [/quote]
 Did that wheel use a motor underneath to spin by itself, say during the show's intro and outro? That could be why...

-Dan