Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Hollywood Showdown" & "3's A Crowd"  (Read 3927 times)

tvrandywest

"Hollywood Showdown" & "3's A Crowd"
« on: August 24, 2004, 01:43:37 PM »
Has anybody seen either of these shows that are now said to be re-running on GSN? And the "money question": Is anybody observant and wise enough to determine whether the episodes airing are from the first season or second season of each of these series?

Todd and I are still kickin' booty and having a ball in "TPiR-Live" in San Diego, and we've yet to stay in a hotel that offers GSN   ;-)

For inquiring West coast minds, there's only a few more weeks before the San Diego show wraps on September 12th. It looks like I'm then off to Atlantic City. As always, mention the secret password "Invision" and the first drink is on me   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: August 24, 2004, 01:46:39 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 01:47:54 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 12:43 PM\'] Has anybody seen either of these shows that are now said to be re-running on GSN?  episodes airing are from the first season or second season of each of these series?

For inquiring West coast minds, there's only a few more weeks before the San Diego show wraps on September 12th. It looks like I'm then off to Atlantic City. [/quote]
 The second season of Showdown is on now(Miki Mootsey is a contestant on this week of shows).

Hope to see you in AC over Rosh Hashanah, Randy :)

adamjk

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 01:50:03 PM »
I have seen both. I have not missed Hollywood Showdown yet either. Great show. It is from season 2. As for 3's a crowd, I have seen bits and pieces of it. I think it is from season 1, because the first day it was back on the network,(monday) the guys seemed overly hyped up, and I heard that the first episode had actors on it.

whewfan

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 04:27:48 PM »
I would dare say the entire run of All New 3's A Crowd had actors, because from what I've seen, none of the people on that show seemed real.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2004, 07:01:42 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 03:27 PM\'] I would dare say the entire run of All New 3's A Crowd had actors, because from what I've seen, none of the people on that show seemed real. [/quote]
So if they weren't real, they most certainly were manaquins.
we've yet to stay in a hotel that offers GSN ;-)
1700 miles away from you; the Fairfield Inn in Burnsville, Minnesota has GSN on their lineup.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2004, 07:02:11 PM by Dsmith »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

cmjb13

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2004, 07:06:27 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 04:27 PM\'] I would dare say the entire run of All New 3's A Crowd had actors, because from what I've seen, none of the people on that show seemed real. [/quote]
 I'm pretty sure I remember seeing adult star Obsession on that show.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

tvrandywest

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 07:43:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 03:01 PM\']
1700 miles away from you; the Fairfield Inn in Burnsville, Minnesota has GSN on their lineup. [/quote]
And conveniently equidistant from both San Diego and Atlantic City!

Any other guesses about whether the episodes airing are from the first or second season of these shows?

Randy
tvrandywest.com

P.S. Speaking of Atlantic City, TPiR-Live host Chris Harrison will be hosting the Miss America pageant this year. No, sadly, he will not sing (although he says we're lucky he won't be!).
« Last Edit: August 24, 2004, 07:44:16 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 08:03:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 06:01 PM\']
1700 miles away from you; the Fairfield Inn in Burnsville, Minnesota has GSN on their lineup. [/quote]
 Not that Burnsville isn't a toddlin' town, but GSN (at least as of a year ago) was in the cable line-up at the Four Seasons in Chicago.  

I also recall seeing it at the Inn of Great Neck, on Long Island.

So if they weren't real, they most certainly were manaquins.

Don't you mean mannikins (I *think* that's how it was spelled on SCRABBLE)?

Doug -- oh wait, I already celebrated #600
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2004, 08:07:28 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 04:06 PM\'] I'm pretty sure I remember seeing adult star Obsession on that show. [/quote]
 Familiar with her work, are you? :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

DrBear

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2004, 07:15:30 AM »
For what it's worth, the Super 8 in Ringgold, GA has GSN on cable ...of course, there's nothing else there (except my wife's family).

BTW, when is TPIRLive getting to the Harrah's in Joliet? I wanna see it! (kicks, screams, is given a time out)
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

uncamark

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2004, 04:04:16 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 06:43 PM\'][Any other guesses about whether the episodes airing are from the first or second season of these shows?[/quote]
Zach's already said that "HoSho" starting with the second season.  Not going to argue with him there.

No one's decided yet about "AN3AC" except how much they hate it.  Not the announcer's fault.  :)

davemackey

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2004, 07:57:30 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 01:43 PM\'] It looks like I'm then off to Atlantic City. As always, mention the secret password "Invision" and the first drink is on me   ;-) [/quote]
 Sure, as long as we're sitting at a slot machine (where the drinks are free anyway) ;)

Watch your waistline - that Showboat buffet is plentiful and delicious!

zachhoran

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2004, 09:43:19 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 06:57 PM\']
Watch your waistline - that Showboat buffet is plentiful and delicious! [/quote]
 Be prepared to stand in a big line for the buffet if/when you go to it: The line for the buffet last Monday was five to ten times longer than the line for TPIR Live when I went to the latter.

Don Howard

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2004, 10:11:16 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 12:43 PM\'] As always, mention the secret password "Invision" and the first drink is on me   ;-)

[/quote]
 Would that have worked had I used it when I introduced myself to you on Legends Day at the Hotel Burbank?

tvrandywest

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2004, 11:21:06 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 06:11 PM\'] [quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Aug 24 2004, 12:43 PM\'] As always, mention the secret password "Invision" and the first drink is on me   ;-)

[/quote]
Would that have worked had I used it when I introduced myself to you on Legends Day at the Hotel Burbank? [/quote]
 If I remember correctly Don, it was before 9AM. A little early even for me. But it WAS almost noon Atlantic City time. Hmmmmm.  ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com