Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Balderdash Set?  (Read 3642 times)

gsfan85

New Balderdash Set?
« on: August 26, 2004, 10:06:39 AM »
Hey everyone,

Has anyone seen the PAX commercials with the different Balderdash set.  That's either the pilot, or a new batch of episodes with a new set.

Does anyone know the scoop?  Also speaking of PAX, when does the new season of Shop 'Til You Drop premiere?  I know they were picked up for more.

Adam

Matt Ottinger

New Balderdash Set?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 10:08:47 AM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' date=\'Aug 26 2004, 10:06 AM\'] Has anyone seen the PAX commercials with the different Balderdash set.  That's either the pilot, or a new batch of episodes with a new set.
 [/quote]
 It is the latter.  Someone else here might be able to tell you when the shows with the spiffier, more colorful set will begin airing.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

MikeK

• Martha!
New Balderdash Set?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 10:48:20 AM »
Brian Conn posted here that episodes with Balderdash's updated look will start airing in late September.

adamjk

New Balderdash Set?
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 10:49:29 AM »
Incidentally, what do you guys think of the new look? It sorta reminds me of the Street Smarts set with all the green.

MikeK

• Martha!
New Balderdash Set?
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 10:54:25 AM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Aug 26 2004, 10:49 AM\'] Incidentally, what do you guys think of the new look? It sorta reminds me of the Street Smarts set with all the green. [/quote]
 Huh?  Have you seen the same commercials I've seen?  The sets are nothing alike.  That's like saying that The Price is Right's set is similar to The Gong Show's set because both sets had the word "the" somewhere on stage.

adamjk

New Balderdash Set?
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 10:55:51 AM »
I didn't say they were alike. I just said the green reminds me of the SS set.

Don Howard

New Balderdash Set?
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004, 11:46:32 AM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Aug 26 2004, 09:55 AM\'] I didn't say they were alike. I just said the green reminds me of the SS set. [/quote]
 The green reminds me of the grass my dog used to take a leak on. So does the yellow.

gshowguy

New Balderdash Set?
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2004, 01:02:24 PM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' date=\'Aug 26 2004, 09:06 AM\'] Also speaking of PAX, when does the new season of Shop 'Til You Drop premiere?  I know they were picked up for more. [/quote]
 I'd guess October 4th, considering the 2003 season began on the first Monday of October (which was one day before the Californians went to the polls to vote on who should be our 38th governor of California).

Back on the topic of Balderdash, I don't think that new set reminds me of "Street Smarts" at all. However, I do think that set looks more spiffy than the current one, which, IMO, is cheap-looking.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
New Balderdash Set?
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2004, 02:08:05 PM »
[quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Aug 26 2004, 10:02 AM\'] However, I do think that set looks more spiffy than the current one, which, IMO, is cheap-looking. [/quote]
 If this "new set" has fewer references to ViewSonic monitors on it than the current one, it will be an improvement.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

WhammyPower

New Balderdash Set?
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2004, 02:26:28 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 26 2004, 12:08 PM\'] If this "new set" has fewer references to ViewSonic monitors on it than the current one, it will be an improvement. [/quote]
 From what I've seen, they're actually more visible now, since they're white on black.

sshuffield70

New Balderdash Set?
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2004, 02:43:19 PM »
[quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Aug 26 2004, 12:02 PM\'] [quote name=\'gsfan85\' date=\'Aug 26 2004, 09:06 AM\'] Also speaking of PAX, when does the new season of Shop 'Til You Drop premiere?  I know they were picked up for more. [/quote]
I'd guess October 4th, considering the 2003 season began on the first Monday of October (which was one day before the Californians went to the polls to vote on who should be our 38th governor of California).

Back on the topic of Balderdash, I don't think that new set reminds me of "Street Smarts" at all. However, I do think that set looks more spiffy than the current one, which, IMO, is cheap-looking. [/quote]
 What?  Are you from California?  And what the hell does that have to do with either STYD or Balderdash?  Quit wasting bandwidth with inane questions.

Where the hell is that killfile?

BrandonFG

New Balderdash Set?
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2004, 03:33:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Aug 26 2004, 10:46 AM\'] [quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Aug 26 2004, 09:55 AM\'] I didn't say they were alike. I just said the green reminds me of the SS set. [/quote]
The green reminds me of the grass my dog used to take a leak on. So does the yellow. [/quote]
 There wouldn't be any brown on this set, would it?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Don Howard

New Balderdash Set?
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2004, 04:06:12 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Aug 26 2004, 02:33 PM\'] [quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Aug 26 2004, 10:46 AM\'] [quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Aug 26 2004, 09:55 AM\'] I didn't say they were alike. I just said the green reminds me of the SS set. [/quote]
The green reminds me of the grass my dog used to take a leak on. So does the yellow. [/quote]
There wouldn't be any brown on this set, would it? [/quote]
I don't know. I've never seen the show. I was just wondering. I didn't really need to know. Oh. I didn't ask a question. Never mind. Where's Lisa with my beer? Or did I order it from Tim?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2004, 04:07:20 PM by Don Howard »

bricon

New Balderdash Set?
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2004, 04:20:10 PM »
Brian Conn posted here that episodes with Balderdash's updated look will start airing in late September.
I've just found out that the new set will now begin airing the week of September 6th.

If this "new set" has fewer references to ViewSonic monitors on it than the current one, it will be an improvement.
In the case of the monitors, it's all about product placement and promotion, to be able to build a set more cost effectively.  Not that I expect that to change anyone's opinion as to whether they like it :)

Also, there were no pilot episodes done.  The first week of shows have the scores on the larger monitors above the players, and the wagers on the smaller monitors.  The shows airing this week are the 2nd week taped.

We also have a couple of cool bookings scheduled in the coming weeks - not sure of airdates yet though:  Jo Anne Worley, and Tom Bergeron.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2004, 04:20:23 PM by bricon »

Matt Ottinger

New Balderdash Set?
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2004, 09:54:19 PM »
[quote name=\'bricon\' date=\'Aug 26 2004, 04:20 PM\'] We also have a couple of cool bookings scheduled in the coming weeks - not sure of airdates yet though:  Jo Anne Worley, and Tom Bergeron. [/quote]
 Couldn't care less about doing game shows, doesn't help his career one bit, but he steps in when his Hollywood Squares production pals ask him to.  Yet another vote for Tom Bergeron as Coolest Guy Ever.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.