Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why no syndicated "Password"?  (Read 3713 times)

ChuckNet

Why no syndicated "Password"?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2004, 07:03:17 PM »
For the record, I absolutely hate colorization. I just don't think it looks right...if something was made in black and white it should stay that way.

I'm with you...it just looks so artificial, especially on old Warner Bros. cartoons that got this treatment sometime in the mid-70s.

Having said that, it's too bad the last seasons of "What's My Line" and "I've Got a Secret" weren't saved in color. If there was a way to do it so that it was exactly right...

Indeed...and because the last season of TTTT was in color, there was actually consideration to air those eps in reruns until the syndie version got off the ground and changed those plans.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Jay Temple

Why no syndicated "Password"?
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2004, 01:39:53 AM »
I'll repeat what I said in another thread some time ago.  Because of the greater amount of time given over to commercials, I don't think you can have a watchable format unless you go to an hour, which I readily concede will not happen.

And forget about the philosophical question of colorization.  I heard that when they colorized From Here to Eternity, Frank Sinatra, a/k/a Ol' Blue Eyes, had brown eyes.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.