Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Internation game show network  (Read 5183 times)

aaron sica

Internation game show network
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2004, 08:21:00 AM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Aug 27 2004, 01:46 AM\'] Our cable provider's public access station used to air foreign language programming (primarily Russian and Italian), possibly through the same channel Jimmy mentioned.  Unfortunately, I don't recall the name of the network since it was over a decade ago, possibly over 15 years ago.  I remember the video and audio quality of the shows was horrible, like all programming on that channel was recorded on VHS tapes. [/quote]
 This is called "grasping at straws"...

SPN (Satellite Program Network) and Tempo come to mind, two long-gone and forgotten cable channels of the '80s...

dzinkin

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2004, 08:42:07 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Aug 27 2004, 08:21 AM\'] This is called "grasping at straws"...

SPN (Satellite Program Network) and Tempo come to mind, two long-gone and forgotten cable channels of the '80s... [/quote]
Actually, SPN and Tempo were one and the same -- the latter was just a new name for the former.

We have a cable channel here called Rochester First International Television; it airs Telemundo most of the day but also imports Italian programming from RAI International and other foreign-language shows (primarily Russian and Chinese) from Toronto's OMNI.1.  An occasional game show was among the RAI offerings a long time ago, but up to January -- when I replaced cable with DirecTV -- I hadn't seen any for a couple of years at least.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 08:42:38 AM by dzinkin »

gshowguy

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2004, 02:36:54 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Aug 27 2004, 07:42 AM\'] We have a cable channel here called Rochester First International Television; it airs Telemundo most of the day but also imports Italian programming from RAI International and other foreign-language shows (primarily Russian and Chinese) from Toronto's OMNI.1.  An occasional game show was among the RAI offerings a long time ago, but up to January -- when I replaced cable with DirecTV -- I hadn't seen any for a couple of years at least. [/quote]
 My local station of KTSF at one point aired Italian programming, but they focus more on the Far East. I vaguely remember there was a game show in Japan that involved four teams of two and four "professors". It was played somewhat like Balderdash, only the teams weren't trying to seperate truth from balderdash. They had to find out which professor gave the correct answer (luckily, when a question came up on the screen, there was a second set of text in English so that you could make out the Japanese writing, especially when a professor gave an answer). Whichever team(s) got a correct answer earned 10 points in the first round, double that in second, double that again in third. And the question procedure was pretty long, too. Anyone else remember this?