Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel electronic games galore  (Read 4376 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
Wheel electronic games galore
« on: August 25, 2004, 08:32:25 PM »
Prof. Steve has a small article about the Wheel of Fortune LivePlay game.  More information about LivePlay can be found here.  Two other Wheel items mentioned on that page are the Wheel of Fortune Pocket Game and Wheel of Fortune Crossword.

Has anybody seen any of these three items in stores?  I'm surprised the LivePlay game isn't available yet since the new season is all of 12 days away.

johnnyd1788

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 08:45:40 PM »
I have! The crossword one I don't believe is sold anymore, but the WoF hand one I have myself. Not too snazzy, but great for very portable fun. I did see a place for the Live Play in a Walmart in Nashville on order...
John

Gus

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 10:23:03 PM »
D'ya suppose it'll end up being compatible with the old Play-Along thing they had from the late 80s? From what I understand of how the systems for both devices are set up, they could very well use the same type of encoding for the new one as they did the old.

zachhoran

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 10:31:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Gus\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 09:23 PM\'] D'ya suppose it'll end up being compatible with the old Play-Along thing they had from the late 80s? [/quote]
 Not likely. Hasbro makes the new WOF toy, which seems to be similar in format to the Mattel toy from the late 80s. Is anyone using the Mattel toy to play along with the reruns airing on GSN(still on weekends through mid-September) from 1988-89?

adamjk

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2004, 10:36:20 PM »
Wheel is still gonna be on weekends?

adamjk

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2004, 10:43:53 PM »
not according to adlink. According to adlink effective this weekend, it will be whammy taking Wheel's slot.

DrJWJustice

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004, 12:35:46 AM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 07:32 PM\'] Prof. Steve has a small article about the Wheel of Fortune LivePlay game. [/quote]
 Don't you mean 'PERF. Steve'?

dazztardly

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2004, 06:15:57 AM »
[quote name=\'johnnyd1788\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 07:45 PM\'] I have! The crossword one I don't believe is sold anymore, but the WoF hand one I have myself. Not too snazzy, but great for very portable fun. I did see a place for the Live Play in a Walmart in Nashville on order...
John [/quote]
 I don't think the retail stores are carrying the crosswords anymore but if you search it up on Google, you'll find places like amazon.com will have them.

Some of you know I work weekends at a warehouse that ships merchandise to Target Stores. I'll give you guys heads up when I see the cargo from Hasbro, that have the WoF LivePlay games. I have no clue on it's shelf date though, sorry.

-Dan

Footix

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2004, 11:21:09 AM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 07:32 PM\']Has anybody seen any of these three items in stores?  I'm surprised the LivePlay game isn't available yet since the new season is all of 12 days away.[/quote]
Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but does anyone know if the LivePlay game will be sold (and more importantly, compatible with the TV signals) here in Canada?

digiblader

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2004, 12:25:46 PM »
I really hope it comes out in Canada, too.. and no I don't know if it's coming in Canada yet

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2004, 08:28:01 PM »
I've seen the crossword game, and the handheld one, too. When I saw the handheld game, it reminded me of the 1995 Tiger game.

Gus

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2004, 07:15:12 PM »
[quote name=\'Footix\' date=\'Aug 26 2004, 11:21 AM\'] Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but does anyone know if the LivePlay game will be sold (and more importantly, compatible with the TV signals) here in Canada? [/quote]
 I don't know about whether it will be sold there, but since both the US and Canada use NTSC (a TV signal protocol), and they both get the same episodes of Wheel, I don't see why it shouldn't work up there, if you can get your hands on one.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2004, 04:49:52 AM »
Or better yet, if you have the LivePlay here in the states, & then transport it up there whenever you visit Canada.  I'm sure it's compatable in both countries.