Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: HS and Pyramid off already in DC  (Read 3956 times)

SteveRep

HS and Pyramid off already in DC
« on: August 30, 2004, 03:11:10 PM »
No, I knew they were canceled!

Just that they've already been pulled off WJLA (Ch. 7) in Washington to make room for today's premiere of The Jane Pauley Show.

Weren't there 1-2 more weeks of reruns planned?

And still unknown where FF is going to end up on WDCA's lineup. The double-run has been at 10 a.m., 11 a.m. and now it's back to 3 p.m.

WDCA (the UPN affil) and the Fox affiliate are both owned by Fox and they trade off shows all the time. Seems like WDCA gets WTTG's rejects so that WTTG can make room for the brand-new stuff.

WOF/J! ain't leaving the 7-8 block on WJLA.

Street Smarts looks like it's still at 2:30 a.m. on WBDC (Ch. 50), which means simultaneous Frank Nicotera on Ch. 50 and GSN! (Abudanzza!)

aaron sica

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 03:28:57 PM »
This is my impatience talking...Anyone know where I could view TV listings for Monday, 13th? I may have to wait until tomorrow anyway....I want to see what some stations around here are doing about the syndie shows..

In Harrisburg, Millionaire has moved from 4pm to 12:30 to make room for Jane Pauley.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 05:39:55 PM »
Where did KOMO in Seattle move Millionaire to for Jane Pauley? I couldn't find it in the TV listings. Is it off this week?

Rastaub

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 05:59:13 PM »
In the Scranton/WB  area PYRAMID is still on, however WBRE-28 has relegated the 1st airing to 2.30 am and the secondary airing is at the prime timespot of 4.30 am.

Also, Feud, which previously (until this past Friday) held a double run from 10-11am is now off alltogether. This is atad surprising, as Feud was renewed, wasnt it?

Maybe, once the fall schedule comes out, it will be back, but Adelphia's guide lists it as off for now.

aaron sica

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2004, 06:10:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Rastaub\' date=\'Aug 30 2004, 05:59 PM\'] Also, Feud, which previously (until this past Friday) held a double run from 10-11am is now off alltogether. This is atad surprising, as Feud was renewed, wasnt it?

Maybe, once the fall schedule comes out, it will be back, but Adelphia's guide lists it as off for now. [/quote]
 Oddly enough, WBRE's website (through TitanTV) lists it as being in its usual double-run spot this week, and paid programming from 10-11 all *next* week.

uncamark

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2004, 06:14:27 PM »
[quote name=\'SteveRep\' date=\'Aug 30 2004, 02:11 PM\']No, I knew they were canceled!

Just that they've already been pulled off WJLA (Ch. 7) in Washington to make room for today's premiere of The Jane Pauley Show.

Weren't there 1-2 more weeks of reruns planned?[/quote]
Nationally they're still going for a couple of weeks, but most likely WJLA's taking a short-term hit and running the "H2" and "Pyramid" national spots within Pauley for the next two weeks, since NBC Universal wanted the show to premiere right out of the Olympics.  (In Chicago, Pauley's on at noon on WMAQ, with "Starting Over" moving to Fox-owned UPN affil WPWR.)

I saw a promo for "WWTBAM" the other night (mentioning the new Lifeline and the AOL ATA poll) and WGN's keeping it at 11 a.m. as a double-pump.

I assume WCIU's renewed "Feud," but I don't know where they're moving it to, since "Insider" will take the 7 p.m. slot in the fall.  Since supposedly the U's bought "Celebrity Justice" for 7:30 p.m., it looks like "Feud"'s out of prime time.

tmq800

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2004, 08:15:09 PM »
IMO, the 10 AM morning slot on an ABC station is a key time period to put a show with so much potential.  Look at what WABC and WPVI did with Rosie at 10 am 8 years ago, and what they will do with Tony Danza starting in 2 weeks.  Now with WJLA putting Jane Pauley at 10 am, they may have a winner on their hands.

aaron sica

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2004, 08:20:17 PM »
[quote name=\'tmq800\' date=\'Aug 30 2004, 08:15 PM\'] IMO, the 10 AM morning slot on an ABC station is a key time period to put a show with so much potential.  Look at what WABC and WPVI did with Rosie at 10 am 8 years ago, and what they will do with Tony Danza starting in 2 weeks.  Now with WJLA putting Jane Pauley at 10 am, they may have a winner on their hands. [/quote]
 Rosie didn't start out on WPVI at 10am 8 years ago - she initially had a late night time slot, and eventually moved to 10am - Rosie made a big deal out of it when it happened.

Esoteric Eric

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2004, 10:06:07 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Aug 30 2004, 02:39 PM\']Where did KOMO in Seattle move Millionaire to for Jane Pauley? I couldn't find it in the TV listings. Is it off this week?[/quote]
Millionaire is off this week and next in the Puget Sound area.
Starting September 13, it will be seen on indie station KONG (over-the-air channel 16, channel 6 on most Puget Sound cable systems.)
I found this out  last night via promo while watching an H2 rerun on KONG.  The promo indicated that Millionaire will be on "weekday mornings," but didn't specify a time.

Esoteric Eric, who wonders, "How long have syndie production companies been making specific promos inviting you to watch (show X)'s new season on its new channel?" (as Buena Vista et al did in this case)
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

sshuffield70

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2004, 10:07:34 PM »
Maybe the next big ape movie will have the villain climb the Space Needle.

Esoteric Eric

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2004, 10:34:09 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Aug 30 2004, 07:07 PM\']Maybe the next big ape movie will have the villain climb the Space Needle.[/quote]

Wow, barely finished that post, and you replied!

More KONG miniutiae (some GS-related):

- KONG got its name from its sister station, NBC affiliate KING 5 (KING, KONG, get it?), and they operate out of the same building which, like most Seattle TV stations', is within walking distance from the Needle.
- Among the programs seen on KONG have been...
 -100% (US version, of course, with Casey Kasem),
 -"CA.S.I.N.O." (see elsewhere in the Forum for an explanation of this apt acronym; hint: show was hosted by Pat Bullard),
 -To Tell The Truth (O'Hurley),
 - the aforementioned last days of H2, and
 - Louie's Family Feud

Esoteric Eric, who remembers a KONG Feud promo where the local graphic bumper read, in large italics:  "FAMILY FUED (sic) Weeknights on KONG 6/16."
(My kingdom for a proofreader...)
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

Kevin Prather

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2004, 10:43:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Esoteric Eric\' date=\'Aug 30 2004, 07:34 PM\'] "FAMILY FUED (sic) Weeknights on KONG 6/16."
(My kingdom for a proofreader...) [/quote]
 That same typo was made on an episode of Naturally Stoned, crediting a cameo by Richard Karn.

RICHARD KARN
Host of 'Family Fued'

HomieG1386

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2004, 11:44:03 PM »
Bah, I really should be in bed.

I can't find Millionaire anywhere in Oklahoma City listings. KWTV just dumped it for Jane Pauley (which is making me bang my head as Millionaire was pretty much the only show I watched after school to unwind) so now I have no show to watch unless I wait just an hour later for Jeopardy! on KFOR. (BTW, when does the new season start?)

*sigh* Of course, this is all moot anyways as I am busy all this next month after school helping with the girls' volleyball team as a manager. I really do need to learn the rules to that game.

aaron sica

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2004, 11:19:20 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Aug 30 2004, 06:10 PM\'] Maybe, once the fall schedule comes out, it will be back, but Adelphia's guide lists it as off for now. [/QUOTE]
Oddly enough, WBRE's website (through TitanTV) lists it as being in its usual double-run spot this week, and paid programming from 10-11 all *next* week. [/quote]
 "Family Feud" jumps stations, but not  timeslots - beginning September 13, it moves from WBRE-28 (NBC) to WNEP-16 (ABC). In Harrisburg, it stays on WPMT-43 (FOX), but goes from 10am-11am to 1pm-2pm.

uncamark

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2004, 12:20:41 PM »
[quote name=\'Esoteric Eric\' date=\'Aug 30 2004, 09:06 PM\'][Esoteric Eric, who wonders, "How long have syndie production companies been making specific promos inviting you to watch (show X)'s new season on its new channel?" (as Buena Vista et al did in this case)[/quote]
King World was the first to really get into custom promos for "Wheel" and "J!," but it's been going on in a hit-or-miss basis for some time, usually the bigger markets getting a little grease from the producers.  More common was what Tom Kennedy did for "NTT:"  Cut an audio tape where the stations could put together their own tag with a marking pen and a razor blade:  "And you can watch us on Channel...TV...2...3...4...5...(etc.)...Mondays...Tuesdays...Wednesdays...(etc.)... at 6:00...6:30...(etc.)."

George Fenneman did the same thing for the Kaiser stations when they picked up "The Best of Groucho" in its 70s return, along with cutting separate on-camera spots for every Kaiser station (where he was keyed into a color version of the-Duck-pointing-at-an easel logo of the reruns).