Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Man Does the Game Show Congress  (Read 3185 times)

Game Show Man

• Admiral Anaheim, Big Joey Numbers, etc.
Game Show Man Does the Game Show Congress
« on: August 26, 2004, 07:57:50 PM »
My friends:

It's taken me a while to get the pictures from the camera to the computer, but it's done, and so I've written my account of the events surrounding the Game Show Congress 2004, and a few events not quite connected with it, but as much a part of my Game Show August as the Congress itself.

You can read it at this page right here abouts.

WARNING: The article is on Geocities, so you may hit the "Data Transfer Exceeded" brick wall, so you may want to wait a bit before you link in.
"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
captvangin@aol.com
"Remember, reality bites, so WATCH MORE GAME SHOWS!"

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 08:57:52 PM »
Joe,

That was an excellent account.  It made me upset I didn't go this year.  However, it's also made me more determined to make it to next year's event, even if I have to sell every last pint of blood.  Look for me, the tall pale guy munching on cookies, who could use an extra pint or two of type O. :-P

Timsterino

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 05:16:12 AM »
Nice report, Joe. It was fun playing with you, Gordon and John in Mike Burger's game show round. To bad we could not pull out a win.

Considering our competition it was understandable. :-)

Tim :-)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 05:16:34 AM by Timsterino »

Steve McClellan

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 02:13:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Aug 27 2004, 02:16 AM\']To bad we could not pull out a win.

Considering our competition it was understandable. :-)[/quote]
[chortle]

Oh, come on! You couldn't even beat a team of softballs like Ben Tritle, David Legler, Bob Boden, and me?!? :-Þ

BTW, Joe, I'm looking forward to reading your writeup, just as soon as Geocities will let me...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 02:13:49 PM by gameshowsteve »

Game Show Man

• Admiral Anaheim, Big Joey Numbers, etc.
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 11:44:22 PM »
G. Paul Bailey strikes again.  He's placed my article up at the GSC website so folks can read it without having to walk into a brick wall on Geocities.  Go here to read it, if you haven't been able to on my site.
"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
captvangin@aol.com
"Remember, reality bites, so WATCH MORE GAME SHOWS!"

Don Howard

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2004, 01:01:38 PM »
I just saw the photo and narrative recap and almost cried. Hard to believe that was less than two weeks ago yet it seems much longer ago that that. But, man, what fun we had! Best. Vacation. Ever. The good news: GSC-4 will be here before we know it.

leszekp

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2004, 10:35:18 PM »
Here's a free service that will keep you from overrunning your bandwidth limitations in the future:

http://www.scs.cs.nyu.edu/coral/

vtown7

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2004, 09:53:05 PM »
Joe - great story!  Wish I could have been there... maybe next year, as the flight from Toronto to LA is cheaper than that from Newfoundland.

Ryan :)