Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bible Baffle  (Read 11867 times)

dheine1971

Bible Baffle
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2003, 08:45:13 AM »
Another thing about \"Bible Baffle\": \"Bible Baffle\" had no connection to a local Baltimore kids game show aired in the 1980's called \"Kids Baffle\".

JMFabiano

Bible Baffle
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2004, 12:43:13 AM »
I just saw an episode of Virtual Memory on our TBN station...and I'm a little scared now.  It was like, "Praise the Lord and pass the...uppers?????"  

[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Sep 11 2003, 12:43 AM\']Trinity Broadcasting has had two game shows:

The One Way Game (later the Family One Way Game) in the 80s.

VIrtual Memory, hosted by Jamie Alexander and co-starring the annoying Mega Bite Mike, 2000-2002 (haven't seen it on the TBN schedule in a while).

Plus, there was Genesis hosted by Jim MacKrell that was on Pax only once three years ago.

Brian

100 plus 100 equals 600?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!
[snapback]9406[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

tommycharles

Bible Baffle
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2004, 01:25:36 AM »
Was Virtual Memory the one with a cross-wits esque part of the game? If so, then I totally agree....way too peppy.

uncamark

Bible Baffle
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2004, 04:49:59 PM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Nov 14 2004, 12:43 AM\']I just saw an episode of Virtual Memory on our TBN station...and I'm a little scared now.  It was like, "Praise the Lord and pass the...uppers?????" 

[snapback]63788[/snapback]
[/quote]

In the recent upgrade of my digital cable, Comcast now has the satellite feed of TBN included, along with a couple of other Jesus channels.  I'll have to keep my eyes open if they start running it again.

Another part of the upgrade is GoodLife TV--a few weeks ago, I saw "Let's Go Back" for the first time.  Good Lord, what a dog that show was.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Bible Baffle
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2004, 04:58:55 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Nov 15 2004, 03:49 PM\']Another part of the upgrade is GoodLife TV--a few weeks ago, I saw "Let's Go Back" for the first time.  Good Lord, what a dog that show was.
[snapback]63904[/snapback]
[/quote]
I can't speak for that, but being a sucker for cheesy variety shows I was a little dismayed that GoodLife dispensed with the variety series they were showing in favor of sitcom reruns (not that the variety series were great, mind you, but some moments were fun to see--like Gregory and Maurice Hines in the singing phase of their careers warbling with da lovely Lennon Sisters).

Ah, memories. . .   :)

Doug -- and the countdown to 800 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

ChuckNet

Bible Baffle
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2004, 08:09:23 PM »
Another part of the upgrade is GoodLife TV--a few weeks ago, I saw "Let's Go Back" for the first time. Good Lord, what a dog that show was.

What, the $500 grand prize wasn't good enough for you? :-) But seriously, did anyone else think Scott Sternberg looked like Bill Maher, w/longer hair?

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

uncamark

Bible Baffle
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2004, 06:55:44 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Nov 15 2004, 04:58 PM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Nov 15 2004, 03:49 PM\']Another part of the upgrade is GoodLife TV--a few weeks ago, I saw "Let's Go Back" for the first time.  Good Lord, what a dog that show was.
[snapback]63904[/snapback]
[/quote]
I can't speak for that, but being a sucker for cheesy variety shows I was a little dismayed that GoodLife dispensed with the variety series they were showing in favor of sitcom reruns (not that the variety series were great, mind you, but some moments were fun to see--like Gregory and Maurice Hines in the singing phase of their careers warbling with da lovely Lennon Sisters).

[snapback]63906[/snapback]
[/quote]

Not to mention "China Beach" and "I'll Fly Away"--not that they aren't good shows (and Dana Delany--rowr), but they aren't exactly oldies but goodies--guess Warners made 'em an offer they couldn't refuse.

I will say that on Friday nights, you can catch G-man Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. in his Ford catching the commies for J. Edgar Hoover on [Hank Sims] "The FBI--A Quinn Martin Production," [HS] which is a show that has not exactly been in constant rotation since the end of its long network run.

ObGameShow:  Charley Weaver used to make a lot of Efrem Zimbalist jokes on "Squares" when given a question on law and order.