Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Syndie Wheel of Fortune  (Read 8772 times)

adamjk

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« on: August 31, 2004, 07:10:52 PM »
When the syndie Wheel of Fortune had returning champions, during celebrity weeks, did returning champs still play that week or weeks, or did they have to wait till the celebrity shows were done to come back?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 07:22:21 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Aug 31 2004, 04:10 PM\'] When the syndie Wheel of Fortune had returning champions, during celebrity weeks, did returning champs still play that week or weeks, or did they have to wait till the celebrity shows were done to come back? [/quote]
 *sigh* Just when you think he's getting it.

Cite for me one occasion in the last, oh, we'll say, thirty years, where a civilian has been pitted against a celebrity on a game show, where the celeb is playing for charity and the civilian is playing for cash. I would like to know where the precedent is that you would even CONTEMPLATE that.

(Not you, Zach. Or anybody else. I'm asking Adam.)

How have they handled this on EVERY OTHER FREAKIN' SHOW ON TELEVISION?

Once you've poured over that one for a while, please acknowledge that you now understand WHY that's an idiotic question.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

adamjk

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 07:33:23 PM »
syndie Wheel to my knowledge has always had celebs paired with civilians during celeb weeks. Examples: NFL and NBA Player's Week.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 07:37:19 PM by adamjk »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 08:25:24 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Aug 31 2004, 06:33 PM\'] syndie Wheel to my knowledge has always had celebs paired with civilians during celeb weeks. Examples: NFL and NBA Player's Week. [/quote]
 You really think that they'd saddle a champion with some idiotic shmuck from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers; when said player has zero interest in football?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

adamjk

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 08:29:43 PM »
Good point.

Don Howard

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2004, 08:38:58 PM »
Talking about Wheel Of Fortune and returning champions, who on this distinguished panel thinks they should go back to having champs be able to return? And why? And should it be for 3 shows or be unlimited like on a certain other Sony-produced program?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 08:39:20 PM by Don Howard »

gshowguy

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2004, 08:42:15 PM »
To answer two questions:

1.) Not all celebrity shows had celebs partnered up with civvies. I've seen episodes where celebs played all by themselves.

2.) I, for one, would like to see returning champs on this show. I would make it unlimited, rather than limited to three wins, so that you can see a contestant rack up a lot of money, maybe over $1,000,000, like Ken Jennings.

adamjk

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2004, 08:44:59 PM »
I don't think they should reinstate returning champs, because each show offers the chance for a pretty big win anyway.

HairMetalLives

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2004, 08:55:45 PM »
I'd like to see returning champs, as well. I'd format it like this:

-Go back to picking prizes out of the word WHEEL; the $25,000, a nice trip or cruise, a spiffy car, and other expensive stuff.
-I'd have the champ stay on until s/he cleaned out the bonus round prizes.
-After his/her reign is complete, I would replace only the prizes s/he won (leaving the unwon prizes until they're won), except the cash.

Thoughts?

MikeK

• Martha!
Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2004, 10:04:20 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Aug 31 2004, 08:38 PM\'] Talking about Wheel Of Fortune and returning champions, who on this distinguished panel thinks they should go back to having champs be able to return? And why? [/quote]
 To answer your question, yes, they should go back to returning champs.  Why?  You know those 1.5 million colors of light will get boring after a short while.

Ian Wallis

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2004, 08:50:58 AM »
I'd like to see them go back to returning champs for two main reasons:

--it would force them to air the shows in order
--it would give someone who missed the bonus round the chance of getting back there

I think 3 days should be the limit
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

BrandonFG

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2004, 12:40:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Sep 1 2004, 07:50 AM\'] I'd like to see them go back to returning champs for two main reasons:

--it would force them to air the shows in order
--it would give someone who missed the bonus round the chance of getting back there

I think 3 days should be the limit [/quote]
 If they do returning champs, I think there should be more variety on the bonus wheel. Throw in a couple of trips or something. If you win the $100K, you retire automatically.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2004, 11:08:55 PM »
I doubt if Wheel went to "play till you lose" that you wouldn't ever have someone winning a million bucks, mainly since it's such a capricious game that it would be hard to win that long, even if you're a badass at the puzzles.

This may get me flamed, so gimme a minute to zip up my asbestos jump suit:
If I had my druthers, the wheel configuration would go back to either the CBS daytime or NBC daytime setup (they're giving way the hell too much money away for what it is), with a shot at $5,000 for a bonus round puzzle solve.

I know, not a chance in Hell, but I can dream...
Travis L. Eberle

Don Howard

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2004, 11:23:47 PM »
As much as I don't mind Mo' Money in most cases, on Wheel Of Fortune, it's a case of it being force-fed into the players' esophaguses.
I'd nix those Toss-Ups. I'd can about 1.499996 million of those colors of light. I'd eliminate those team weeks. I'd make the JACKPOT space extra money that doesn't count towards score (like the 7-11 cash on The $25,000 Pyramid). In the bonus round, add trips to the wheel and scale the money down to the $2500-$10000 range. Add a car if it's the player's third victory and leave it there until he/she wins it or is defeated. Have one spoke be a top dollar wedge. That'd be worth $25000 plus $1000 per show until won. And now the big one: Tell the contestants there's no need to scream at Volume 10 when calling the letters during the game. Better theme music would be nice, too.

J.R.

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2004, 11:35:36 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Sep 1 2004, 10:08 PM\'] I doubt if Wheel went to "play till you lose" that you wouldn't ever have someone winning a million bucks, mainly since it's such a capricious game that it would be hard to win that long, even if you're a badass at the puzzles.

This may get me flamed, so gimme a minute to zip up my asbestos jump suit:
If I had my druthers, the wheel configuration would go back to either the CBS daytime or NBC daytime setup (they're giving way the hell too much money away for what it is), with a shot at $5,000 for a bonus round puzzle solve.

I know, not a chance in Hell, but I can dream... [/quote]
 Yeah, lets return to the Bob Goen CBS configurations !

Pat: "Congrats, you've won $325 ! Don't you love this new format ? We'll stand by everyone, the Top Dollar will be raised to $1250. So stay tuned everybody. Loads of excitement here !"
-Joe Raygor