Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Syndie Wheel of Fortune  (Read 8771 times)

BrandonFG

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2004, 05:14:14 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Sep 1 2004, 10:23 PM\'] As much as I don't mind Mo' Money in most cases, on Wheel Of Fortune, it's a case of it being force-fed into the players' esophaguses.
I'd nix those Toss-Ups. I'd can about 1.499996 million of those colors of light. I'd eliminate those team weeks. I'd make the JACKPOT space extra money that doesn't count towards score (like the 7-11 cash on The $25,000 Pyramid). In the bonus round, add trips to the wheel and scale the money down to the $2500-$10000 range. Add a car if it's the player's third victory and leave it there until he/she wins it or is defeated. Have one spoke be a top dollar wedge. That'd be worth $25000 plus $1000 per show until won. And now the big one: Tell the contestants there's no need to scream at Volume 10 when calling the letters during the game. Better theme music would be nice, too. [/quote]
 Bring back an actual backdrop. That would only require an extra 3 colors. :-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

HairMetalLives

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2004, 01:48:13 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Sep 2 2004, 02:14 AM\'] Bring back an actual backdrop. That would only require an extra 3 colors. :-) [/quote]
 You mean like when they had those three thingimajigs behind the contestants? That would be nice.

As for the amount of money given away, I agree that it's too much. But if you started giving away a lot less what would happen? They're offering $100,000, don't you think it would look really bad if they got rid of that? Is this a case of "What's done is done" or wouldn't it hurtl if they cut their potential top prize by 75%?

BrandonFG

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2004, 02:45:36 AM »
[quote name=\'HairMetalLives\' date=\'Sep 2 2004, 12:48 PM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Sep 2 2004, 02:14 AM\'] Bring back an actual backdrop. That would only require an extra 3 colors. :-) [/quote]
You mean like when they had those three thingimajigs behind the contestants? That would be nice.
[/quote]
The "thingamajigs" would work just fine for me, but what I had in mind were the backdrops they had c. 1996 or 97. They were bullet-shaped, and looked like jagged pieces of ice. Each section was blue. I always wished they'd bring it back, with respective colors.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2004, 03:14:55 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 01:45 AM\'] [quote name=\'HairMetalLives\' date=\'Sep 2 2004, 12:48 PM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Sep 2 2004, 02:14 AM\'] Bring back an actual backdrop. That would only require an extra 3 colors. :-) [/quote]
[/quote]
The "thingamajigs" would work just fine for me, but what I had in mind were the backdrops they had c. 1996 or 97. They were bullet-shaped, and looked like jagged pieces of ice. Each section was blue. I always wished they'd bring it back, with respective colors. [/quote]
 Do you mean the "Chevron" symbols?  I thought those were used in 1991-1993, when they brought back the sunbursts.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2004, 03:34:39 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 02:14 AM\'] [quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 01:45 AM\'] [quote name=\'HairMetalLives\' date=\'Sep 2 2004, 12:48 PM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Sep 2 2004, 02:14 AM\'] Bring back an actual backdrop. That would only require an extra 3 colors. :-) [/quote]
[/quote]
The "thingamajigs" would work just fine for me, but what I had in mind were the backdrops they had c. 1996 or 97. They were bullet-shaped, and looked like jagged pieces of ice. Each section was blue. I always wished they'd bring it back, with respective colors. [/quote]
Do you mean the "Chevron" symbols?  I thought those were used in 1991-1993, when they brought back the sunbursts. [/quote]
Nope...this backdrop wasn't used on a regular basis, but I do remember them distinctly being used right around 1996 or 97. IIRC, they used that particular backdrop whenever they didn't do some sort of scenery related to the theme week. I guess what I should say is that the "filling" looked like jagged pieces of ice.

With thanks to Loogaroo

The second from the top (left side, under "Front Game Rules"). I could've sworn the sections were rounded like bullets, but that's what I was talking about. Judging by the Wheel design, that's the 1997 season.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2004, 03:35:44 AM by fostergray82 »

Steve Gavazzi

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2004, 12:27:41 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 03:34 AM\'] With thanks to Loogaroo [/quote]
 Not really on-topic...but I'd like to know where Tim got the idea that Wheel was ever the "highest-rated daytime game show."

Dbacksfan12

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2004, 12:44:12 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 11:27 AM\'] [quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 03:34 AM\'] With thanks to Loogaroo [/quote]
Not really on-topic...but I'd like to know where Tim got the idea that Wheel was ever the "highest-rated daytime game show." [/quote]
 Moreso, I don't see how that show deserves a rating of "ten". It's slowly declined over the years...but that's a discussion for another thread.
--Mark

sshuffield70

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2004, 01:16:02 PM »
Well, I could easily be wrong....but I'm thinking that was written around four years ago.  It may have been a 10 then, but some might think it's a 6 or 7 now.

adamjk

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2004, 01:23:43 PM »
I still enjoy it. BTW, there was a poster over at GSN that thinks that Pat doesn't seem to enjoy doing the show anymore. Do you guys think that is true? I don't.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2004, 01:31:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 09:44 AM\'] Moreso, I don't see how that show deserves a rating of "ten". It's slowly declined over the years...but that's a discussion for another thread. [/quote]
 God bless Tim, he seems like a nice enough fellow, but his rating system definitely comes into question, especially when he gives LMAD an overall 10 as well...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

adamjk

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2004, 01:35:01 PM »
also, he gave DD 2k a 9

HairMetalLives

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2004, 03:05:24 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 10:35 AM\'] also, he gave DD 2k a 9 [/quote]
 I rate game shows in my collection as well. I only have a few online right now (the various "Double Dares" are among them), but I can tell you that I scored DD2K LOW; 63/100. I believe I only have two shows that scored lower than that-- "Baby Races" & J.D. Roth's "Double Up."

I also liked the "jagged pieces of ice" backdrop. ANYTHING would be better than that video wall; even if they did like "Double Dare" behind Marc Summers and had blue fading to red-- with or without the glass tiles. "Wheel" could fade from red to gold to blue. But I like the backdrop idea better. (I'll throw in a vote for the diamond shaped ones; those were my favorte)

uncamark

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2004, 04:31:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 11:27 AM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 03:34 AM\'] With thanks to Loogaroo [/quote]
Not really on-topic...but I'd like to know where Tim got the idea that Wheel was ever the "highest-rated daytime game show."[/quote]
He was *partially* right--it was NBC's highest-rated *daytime* show at about the time that the syndicated version started.  Of course, the fact that it came in second in its time slot to "TPIR" indicates how bad NBC was doing in daytime ratings back then.

Robert Hutchinson

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2004, 11:22:56 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 02:34 AM\']With thanks to Loogaroo

The second from the top (left side, under "Front Game Rules"). I could've sworn the sections were rounded like bullets, but that's what I was talking about. Judging by the Wheel design, that's the 1997 season.[/quote]
Huh. And I thought I watched WoF pretty regularly back then. Never saw those.

I like how those backdrops sort of match the puzzle board, with the shiny gold trapezoidal strip . . . things.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Dbacksfan12

Syndie Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2004, 02:01:28 AM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 10:22 PM\'] [quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 02:34 AM\']With thanks to Loogaroo

The second from the top (left side, under "Front Game Rules"). I could've sworn the sections were rounded like bullets, but that's what I was talking about. Judging by the Wheel design, that's the 1997 season.[/quote]
Huh. And I thought I watched WoF pretty regularly back then. Never saw those.

I like how those backdrops sort of match the puzzle board, with the shiny gold trapezoidal strip . . . things. [/quote]
 But Robert. Nothing beats 1.5 million colors of light! Stay tuned!
--Mark