Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Powerball Instant Millionaire  (Read 10259 times)

JacksonBrowne1980

• I Played With The Toys At My Schools I Went To
Powerball Instant Millionaire
« on: September 01, 2004, 10:37:15 PM »
Powerball Instant Millionaire Is My Favorite Game Show; I Think They Should Continue To Air More Episodes Or In Reruns; It Is A Good Game Show To Watch; You Can Sign My Petition To Save Powerball Instant Millionaire.
Erik "Taz" Mokracek

"Well, I Guess You Have To Be 35 Before Anyone Around Here Listens To You" - Alex Pruitt From "Home Alone 3"

Kevin Prather

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 10:45:59 PM »
Is there a reason you capitalize every word you use?

JacksonBrowne1980

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 10:47:37 PM »
i just want to; and i think PIM should stay on longer; it is a good game show, and i tape it every saturday night.
Erik "Taz" Mokracek

"Well, I Guess You Have To Be 35 Before Anyone Around Here Listens To You" - Alex Pruitt From "Home Alone 3"

Don Howard

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 11:03:30 PM »
How's that Bargain Hunters 'net game going?

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2004, 11:37:02 PM »
A word of advice:  Give up.  This has no chance in hell of working.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 02:58:28 AM »
[quote name=\'JacksonBrowne1980\' date=\'Sep 1 2004, 09:47 PM\'] i just want to; and i think PIM should stay on longer; it is a good game show, and i tape it every saturday night. [/quote]
 The only person in the nation.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2004, 04:25:01 AM »
I wish it was that easy to start a PIM petition, but like Steve says, that show has a near zero chance of comming back after September 25th.  Unless they retool it a few years down the road, we're 23 days from kissing this one good-bye.

dazztardly

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2004, 11:22:34 PM »
Petitions aren't really gonna do much to save shows from being cancelled. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just that it won't work.

If Powerball Instant Millionaire would have put more games into rotation[like Illinois Instant Riches or TPiR where every episode is an ala carte], it could have kept people interested in the show.

-Dan

inturnaround

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2004, 03:25:44 AM »
PIM has three games that are basically the same and neither permutation is really compelling in the least.

I'm not glad to see it go, but that's only because I was indifferent to its existence in the first place.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

JacksonBrowne1980

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2004, 11:30:07 AM »
i still tape it every saturday night; it is fun; it might even air in reruns.  it was a cool game show.
Erik "Taz" Mokracek

Don Howard

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2004, 11:55:50 AM »
[quote name=\'JacksonBrowne1980\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 10:30 AM\'] i still tape it every saturday night; it is fun; it might even air in reruns.  it was a cool game show. [/quote]
 It'll air in reruns on your VCR when you play the tapes back. And that's it.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2004, 12:33:54 PM »
[quote name=\'JacksonBrowne1980\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 11:30 AM\'] it was a cool game show. [/quote]
 For your own sake, please stop trying to convince us of this.  It has as much chance of working as your petition.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2004, 01:27:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 09:33 AM\'] [quote name=\'JacksonBrowne1980\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 11:30 AM\'] it was a cool game show. [/quote]
For your own sake, please stop trying to convince us of this.  It has as much chance of working as your petition. [/quote]
 but it was a cool game show, and it should be brought back, along with Bargain Hunters and Ruckus; how were they all played? and what stations aired them?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Don Howard

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2004, 01:30:03 PM »
I will admit that Powerball Instant Millionaire was miles better than Powerball: The Game Show. Every time Bob Eubanks would remind us what fun they were having as he was surrounded by a dozen zombies, I'd cough up my jello in hysterics.

Michael Brandenburg

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2004, 09:50:09 AM »
Hold it! -- Hold it! -- Hold it!…

As the one who has been posting the results of this show each week in the "Show Summaries" section, I will add here that the reason the show is being cancelled by the Multi-State Lottery Corporation (which is the company behind it) is due to a decline in the game's instant ticket sales, not program ratings.  So I think there is a good chance we'll see it back on in the future.

(Memo to the MUSL: If you do bring this show back a few years from now, don't mess it up like the people who tried to bring back Tic-Tac-Dough and The Joker's Wild did in 1990 after their four-year hiatuses!)

Incidentally, the 8-28-2004 PBIM show did not air at all in the Greater Cincinnati area that weekend, which is why I had no summary for it last weekend -- the show was bumped from its regular 7:30 PM Saturday night time by WLWT for an hour-long special on the upcoming area high school football season, and the show could not be aired in its "alternate" overnight slots because of Olympic Games coverage from NBC.

And to those who think it's boring because they play the same five games on every episode ("Crazy 8s", "High Rollers", "Quick Draw", the "One For the Money" semi-final game, and the "Instant Millionaire" end game), you should see what thoroughly dull games are played on that other TV lottery game show that airs opposite the PBIM show on WCPO in Cincinnati.  (Just two, in fact, one played twice during the show to determine the two players for the end game, and then the end game, which is played by the show's returning champion and the two main-game winners from the current program.)

Michael Brandenburg
(And not even the new glitzy "neon" set they brought onto the show earlier this year made things any better.  As far as I'm concerned, I'd like to set off one big explosion…)