Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ken Jennings  (Read 4589 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Ken Jennings
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2004, 11:28:49 AM »
[quote name=\'rigsby\' date=\'Sep 1 2004, 07:55 PM\'] 4) Those of us who couldn't care less where we get our game show news, so long as it's somewhere.  If it's from the Professor, so be it; if not, that's fine too. [/quote]
 Hey, I don't care where you get your game show news, either. I just think you deserve to get it accurately and without editorial, and the Perfesser has come up short repeatedly on both of those criteria.

You want news _and_ comment, Paul Harvey is on twice a day.

Page three.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MikeK

• Martha!
Ken Jennings
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2004, 11:39:14 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 2 2004, 11:28 AM\'] You want news _and_ comment, Paul Harvey is on twice a day. [/quote]
 Time to Paul Harvey nitpick...

Isn't just the 15-minute version news and comment?  The early morning Harvey segment is just a 5-minute recap of what happened overnight.  In addition, there's The Rest of the Story, a brilliant 5-minute segment about a historic figure or event.

To bring this back on-topic, has Paul Harvey ever been on a game show?  I don't see why he couldn't have been a WML? mystery guest or even the subject of a game of TTTT.

rigsby

Ken Jennings
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2004, 11:48:59 AM »
Paul Harvey's morning segment is a shorter news and comment.

As to the Professor's site, I guess I just filter out the editorials, then...YMMV.  :)

Jimmy Owen

Ken Jennings
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2004, 12:11:59 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Sep 2 2004, 10:39 AM\']
To bring this back on-topic, has Paul Harvey ever been on a game show?  I don't see why he couldn't have been a WML? mystery guest or even the subject of a game of TTTT. [/quote]
He did share a stage with John Daly on ABC-TV's election night coverage in 1960, with Senate race analysis.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2004, 12:14:58 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

Ken Jennings
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2004, 02:23:01 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Sep 2 2004, 08:39 AM\'] Isn't just the 15-minute version news and comment?  The early morning Harvey segment is just a 5-minute recap of what happened overnight.  In addition, there's The Rest of the Story, a brilliant 5-minute segment about a historic figure or event. [/quote]
 Right. I only mentioned it because if you check out ABC Radio's website, you'll find that the official name of the news segments is "Paul Harvey News & Comment".

And then, of course, there's.....The Rest........Of.....THE Story! It's true! :)

Skynet74

Ken Jennings
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2004, 05:30:52 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 2 2004, 10:28 AM\']
You want news _and_ comment, Paul Harvey is on twice a day.

Page three. [/quote]

I love Paul Harvey. In the past few weeks his voice has sounded a little weaker though. Something is a bit different. Maybe he's been under the weather or Maybe it's just because he's 120 years old. I don't know. He's Still As interesting as ever though.

John

DrJWJustice

Ken Jennings
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2004, 05:45:41 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 1 2004, 07:36 PM\'] [quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Sep 1 2004, 01:55 PM\'] Actually, bud, I consider myself a huge game show fan, and yet I had never heard of this 'tvgameshows.net' website. [/quote]
Fine. Three camps:

1) Those pro-Perfesser
2) Those anti-Perfesser
3) tvwxman ;) [/quote]
 Hey, Chris?  Did you notice who leads the pro-Perfessor camp? ;-)

(signed)
A REAL professor who's in the anti-Perfessor camp.
J.W. Justice, Ph.D.

J.R.

Ken Jennings
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2004, 11:58:59 PM »
I've always been curious:

Why is Beverly called the "Perfessor" ?

-Joe R.
(Who could care less on the Beverly issure)
-Joe Raygor

clemon79

Ken Jennings
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2004, 12:09:24 AM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Sep 2 2004, 08:58 PM\'] I've always been curious:

Why is Beverly called the "Perfessor" ?

-Joe R.
(Who could care less on the Beverly issure) [/quote]
 It's a derogatory way of spelling "Professor" (much like Cal students refer to the other major Bay Area Pac 10 school as "Stanfurd"), designed to illustrate the irony of the fact that he teaches college-level journalism while demonstrating in practice a complete inability to observe basic journalistic tenets and ethics.