Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Familyfeud.tv question  (Read 4769 times)

passwordplus

Familyfeud.tv question
« on: September 03, 2004, 04:30:43 PM »
I was noticing on the Familyfeud.tv site that Feud will be airing twice a day in Dayton Ohio, but on two different stations. Is this because there is a switch in channel, and they forgot to change the listing, or can it be sold to two different stations in the same city?

Listed for WHIO ch. 7 @ 430pm stating 9/13, but still listed for WDTN 12:30pm on the same day(also for 9/14). I noticed this for other cities as well, but can't remember which ones off the top of my head.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Familyfeud.tv question
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 04:34:47 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 01:30 PM\'] Listed for WHIO ch. 7 @ 430pm stating 9/13, but still listed for WDTN 12:30pm on the same day(also for 9/14). I noticed this for other cities as well, but can't remember which ones off the top of my head. [/quote]
 Either a) it's a screwup, or b) those two stations are owned by the same people or operating under an LMA, and therefore could share programming. Like our KING and KONG here in Seattle.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

uncamark

Familyfeud.tv question
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 04:38:46 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 03:30 PM\']I was noticing on the Familyfeud.tv site that Feud will be airing twice a day in Dayton Ohio, but on two different stations. Is this because there is a switch in channel, and they forgot to change the listing, or can it be sold to two different stations in the same city?

Listed for WHIO ch. 7 @ 430pm stating 9/13, but still listed for WDTN 12:30pm on the same day(also for 9/14). I noticed this for other cities as well, but can't remember which ones off the top of my head.[/quote]
Possible duopoly situation, where one company owns two stations in a market and either runs one run on each station (Fox does that in Chicago with--forgive me--Springer) or hasn't decided what station to put it on yet.

However, in Dayton there seems to be a case of "Feud" switching stations and Tribune Media Services (which Fremantle uses for their station listing) getting the show reported from two different sources.  WHIO's dupoly seems to be a LPTV carrying UPN.  Come back to the site in a couple of weeks and find out which one's right.

gshowguy

Familyfeud.tv question
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 06:42:41 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 03:38 PM\'] [quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 03:30 PM\']I was noticing on the Familyfeud.tv site that Feud will be airing twice a day in Dayton Ohio, but on two different stations. Is this because there is a switch in channel, and they forgot to change the listing, or can it be sold to two different stations in the same city?

Listed for WHIO ch. 7 @ 430pm stating 9/13, but still listed for WDTN 12:30pm on the same day(also for 9/14). I noticed this for other cities as well, but can't remember which ones off the top of my head.[/quote]
Possible duopoly situation, where one company owns two stations in a market and either runs one run on each station (Fox does that in Chicago with--forgive me--Springer) or hasn't decided what station to put it on yet.

However, in Dayton there seems to be a case of "Feud" switching stations and Tribune Media Services (which Fremantle uses for their station listing) getting the show reported from two different sources.  WHIO's dupoly seems to be a LPTV carrying UPN.  Come back to the site in a couple of weeks and find out which one's right. [/quote]
 And I thought the only duoply in dayton was with WKEF and WRGT! I still think it is.

aaron sica

Familyfeud.tv question
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 06:48:32 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 04:38 PM\']

However, in Dayton there seems to be a case of "Feud" switching stations [/quote]
 Not only would "Feud" be switching stations in Dayton, but I believe two channels are also switching *networks*....

gshowguy

Familyfeud.tv question
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 07:37:48 PM »
Yes. Channels 2 and 22 have become NBC and ABC again, respectively.

aaron sica

Familyfeud.tv question
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 07:56:15 PM »
[quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 07:37 PM\'] Yes. Channels 2 and 22 have become NBC and ABC again, respectively. [/quote]
 "again"? Wow. Network affiliation switches intrigue me. What brought the switch on?

rugrats1

Familyfeud.tv question
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2004, 09:21:17 PM »
I think Sinclair, the owners of WKEF, teed NBC off one time too many (don't know the circomstances, though). Sinclair's two NBC stations in Illinois, WICS ch.20 in Sprimgfield and WICD ch.15 in Danville, will also switch to ABC, for the same reason.

aaron sica

Familyfeud.tv question
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2004, 09:24:17 PM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 09:21 PM\'] I think Sinclair, the owners of WKEF, teed NBC off one time too many (don't know the circomstances, though). Sinclair's two NBC stations in Illinois, WICS ch.20 in Sprimgfield and WICD ch.15 in Danville, will also switch to ABC, for the same reason. [/quote]
 When will they be switching? I visited both websites and didn't see anything about it....

Their logos sure look "generic", though, with no mention of a network affiliation.

10 (WCAU) in Philly did the same thing before they switched...CBS logo was nowhere to be found.

Casey Buck

Familyfeud.tv question
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2004, 11:02:30 PM »
A similar thing happened here in Portland, Oregon; Feud aired a double run on UPN 49 (KPDX) from 3-4 PM for the first few months of last season. Then after that, it aired from 11 AM-noon on FOX 12 (KPTV). This is because Meredith Corporation has had a duopoly of the two stations since September 2002; in addition, the two stations swapped affiliations and got rid of the KPDX newscast (for a few months, KPTV had the only 10 PM news in town until the local PAX affiliate created a "rent-a-newscast" at 10 from KGW 8, the NBC affiliate).
« Last Edit: September 03, 2004, 11:03:00 PM by Casey Buck »

Michael Brandenburg

Familyfeud.tv question
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2004, 10:08:57 AM »
For a time, Family Feud was on twice a day on two different broadcast stations in the Cincinnati area -- on WKRC, Channel 12, at 10:30 in the morning, and then in the afternoon on WBQC, Channel 25, at 2:30 in the afternoon.

The latter episode was a rerun from a previous season that WBQC would obtain from the PAX cable network -- so we in the Greater Cincinnati area had Richard Karn as the host of FF in the morning, and Louie Anderson as the host of FF in the afternoon.

This "split-station double run" arragement in Cincinnati was ended after the PAX network began rebroadcasting the Karn-hosted FF episodes.  Today, a 30-minute "informercial" airs each day on WBQC in that time period.

Michael Brandenburg
(And my mother got a kick out of when I told her how the GSN cable channel guarantees you'll see nothing but commercials between 5 AM and 9 AM Eastern Time every day!)

passwordplus

Familyfeud.tv question
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2004, 02:36:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Michael Brandenburg\' date=\'Sep 4 2004, 10:08 AM\'] For a time, Family Feud was on twice a day on two different broadcast stations in the Cincinnati area -- on WKRC, Channel 12, at 10:30 in the morning, and then in the afternoon on WBQC, Channel 25, at 2:30 in the afternoon.

The latter episode was a rerun from a previous season that WBQC would obtain from the PAX cable network -- so we in the Greater Cincinnati area had Richard Karn as the host of FF in the morning, and Louie Anderson as the host of FF in the afternoon.

This "split-station double run" arragement in Cincinnati was ended after the PAX network began rebroadcasting the Karn-hosted FF episodes.  Today, a 30-minute "informercial" airs each day on WBQC in that time period.

Michael Brandenburg
(And my mother got a kick out of when I told her how the GSN cable channel guarantees you'll see nothing but commercials between 5 AM and 9 AM Eastern Time every day!) [/quote]
 Then quite possibly, WHIO(cbs affilliate) could be airing the 4:30 show from the pax network then, right? The only known thing is that WHIO in Dayton does own UPN 44(which wouldn't have a darn thing to do with PAX mind you)

gshowguy

Familyfeud.tv question
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2004, 12:10:01 PM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 08:21 PM\'] I think Sinclair, the owners of WKEF, teed NBC off one time too many (don't know the circomstances, though). Sinclair's two NBC stations in Illinois, WICS ch.20 in Sprimgfield and WICD ch.15 in Danville, will also switch to ABC, for the same reason. [/quote]
 And that means WAND ch.17 will be NBC, right?

ChuckNet

Familyfeud.tv question
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2004, 08:43:51 PM »

That's what happened in NY...because of the joint agreement between Fox and UPN, WNYW (Ch. 5) had Pyramid on weekdays last season, while WWOR (Ch. 9) aired the wknd reruns.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

dzinkin

Familyfeud.tv question
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2004, 09:00:54 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 04:34 PM\'] [quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 01:30 PM\'] Listed for WHIO ch. 7 @ 430pm stating 9/13, but still listed for WDTN 12:30pm on the same day(also for 9/14). I noticed this for other cities as well, but can't remember which ones off the top of my head. [/quote]
Either a) it's a screwup, or b) those two stations are owned by the same people or operating under an LMA, and therefore could share programming. Like our KING and KONG here in Seattle. [/quote]
 Or the syndicator could have signed a nonexclusive deal with two stations; it's rare but it does happen.  For a year, Jenny Jones's pile of excrement aired in Philadelphia on two unrelated stations, WPVI and WPHL.