Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ken Jennings and old dollar values  (Read 4599 times)

uncamark

Ken Jennings and old dollar values
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2004, 12:27:04 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Sep 9 2004, 09:37 PM\'] Well, Mark Jeffries. Well, Don Pardo. Well, my friends, Ken Jennings has now reached $70,123 under the original scoring system. Mark, do please wrap up today's show for us. [/quote]
 Ken Jennings, sir, you will return tomorrow to defend your championship for the 43rd time with a total of $70,123--and we hope all of you at home can join us in the morning. Have yourself a great day and treat each other well--so long!

DON PARDO: "Jeopardy!," in color, was pre-recorded. Now stay tuned for Art James and "The Who, What or Where Game," next on most of these NBC stations.

BILL WENDELL:  Drama this afternoon on NBC, with "Days of Our Lives," "The Doctors," "Another World" and "Bright Promise"--followed by more fun with Gary Owens on "Letters to Laugh-In."  This afternoon starting at 2 Eastern on NBC.

Don Howard

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2004, 12:03:41 AM »
In our time machine trap involving Ken Jennings, Art Fleming and Don Pardo, Ken's winnings have reached $71,623. Mark Jeffries, kindly sum up Ken's magnificent run as we head toward the weekend.

Jay Temple

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2004, 02:32:46 AM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Sep 9 2004, 09:51 PM\'] [quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Sep 9 2004, 10:37 PM\'] Well, Mark Jeffries. Well, Don Pardo. Well, my friends, Ken Jennings has now reached $70,123 under the original scoring system. Mark, do please wrap up today's show for us. [/quote]
Given Ken's penchant for round numbers when making wagers, I doubt he'd have exactly that amount, but that total makes Burns Cameron's take seem like the budget for a Pax show.

Edit: Besides, weren't there just five categories on the board in the Fleming era? [/quote]
 I'm reasonably certain there were six, although the home game had five, like the board game versions of the current incarnation.  I'm positive it had six in 1978-79, and I can hardly imagine that they would have added content.  (Okay, they did, since they had that "Super J!" bonus round instead of FJ, but you get the idea.)
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2004, 02:42:02 AM »
*coughbandwidthcough*
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2004, 03:14:02 AM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' date=\'Sep 10 2004, 11:32 PM\'] I'm reasonably certain there were six, although the home game had five, like the board game versions of the current incarnation.  I'm positive it had six in 1978-79, and I can hardly imagine that they would have added content. [/quote]
 Correct on all counts. I think the reasoning behind the home game having five categories had something do with manufacturing the Concentration game at the same time, and then they could use the same molds to make the clear parts of both gameboards.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe