Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Minor shakeup of games in Southeast VA  (Read 3169 times)

Brakus

Minor shakeup of games in Southeast VA
« on: August 31, 2004, 03:55:21 AM »
Starting September 13:

Millionaire starts Season 3 on WTKR, with a double-run. Primary episode is at 10am (followed by an episode of Andy Griffith at 10:30??), and the secondary episode is at 4pm (followed by Extra).

Feud moves out of TPiR's way on WTVZ (WB33), to 12 noon, where it is double run.

No changes expected over at WVEC for Wheel and Jeopardy!, where they've been at 7 and 7:30 respectively for years and years.
"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. THAT is the secret of life." -- Iskandar, King of Conquerors (Fate/Zero, Fate/GO)

BrandonFG

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 04:08:25 AM »
[quote name=\'Brakus\' date=\'Aug 31 2004, 02:55 AM\']Starting September 13:

Millionaire starts Season 3 on WTKR, with a double-run. Primary episode is at 10am (followed by an episode of Andy Griffith at 10:30??), and the secondary episode is at 4pm (followed by Extra).

Feud moves out of TPiR's way on WTVZ (WB33), to 12 noon, where it is double run.

No changes expected over at WVEC for Wheel and Jeopardy!, where they've been at 7 and 7:30 respectively for years and years.[/quote]
This I like, esp. since WTVZ has been really good with Feud since they picked it up in spring 2003 (although I don't like the fact that they dumped it in favor of Seacrest). I also like the fact that it won't have to compete w/TPiR at 11 am.

Hopefully, WGNT will keep "Street Smarts" at 9 am...that way it can be a nice daytime block of games.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 04:36:50 PM »
Well, here in Northeast Tennessee, Feud has been on at 10:00 AM and Squares at 10:30 AM, followed by Price on WJHL 11. As of 9/13/04, there is an HOUR of Millionaire on at 10 AM, in addition to it's previous slot of 7:30 PM. Now what in the world are they doing, honsetly. And I can't even find where Feud went either, unless it's a misprint and Feud is on in the 10AM hour.

Guess I'll find out in the next few days when the schedules online are updated farther into the future.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 04:37:08 PM by NicholasM79 »

gshowguy

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 09:04:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Brakus\' date=\'Aug 31 2004, 02:55 AM\'] No changes expected over at WVEC for Wheel and Jeopardy!, where they've been at 7 and 7:30 respectively for years and years. [/quote]
 Personally, if I lived in Norfolk (where all the stations you mentioned are), since WVEC would tend to pre-empt those two shows for Monday Night Football on (where else!) Monday, it could be a bit of a problem. I think I'd wanna move them to another channel, preferably NBC affiliate WAVY (which I believe is Norfolk's long-time news leader).

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 09:12:01 PM »
[quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Aug 31 2004, 08:04 PM\'] I think I'd wanna move them to another channel, preferably NBC affiliate WAVY (which I believe is Norfolk's long-time news leader). [/quote]
 And all this time, I thought it was Ruffles' long-time news leader.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

GS Warehouse

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2004, 09:24:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Aug 31 2004, 09:12 PM\'] [quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Aug 31 2004, 08:04 PM\'] I think I'd wanna move them to another channel, preferably NBC affiliate WAVY (which I believe is Norfolk's long-time news leader). [/quote]
And all this time, I thought it was Ruffles' long-time news leader. [/quote]
 [throws potato chips at Mr. Odor]

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2004, 09:27:36 PM »
[quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Aug 31 2004, 08:04 PM\'] [quote name=\'Brakus\' date=\'Aug 31 2004, 02:55 AM\'] No changes expected over at WVEC for Wheel and Jeopardy!, where they've been at 7 and 7:30 respectively for years and years. [/quote]
Personally, if I lived in Norfolk (where all the stations you mentioned are), since WVEC would tend to pre-empt those two shows for Monday Night Football on (where else!) Monday, it could be a bit of a problem. I think I'd wanna move them to another channel, preferably NBC affiliate WAVY (which I believe is Norfolk's long-time news leader). [/quote]
 Umm...AFAIK, MNF has *never* pre-empted Wheel and J! on (where else!) Mondays, mainly since the two shows air at 7-8 EST.

At least, this is in my 17 years of living in the area.

BTW, WAVY is over-rated (obgameshow: They aired HSq'86)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

gshowguy

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2004, 09:56:17 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Aug 31 2004, 08:27 PM\'] [quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Aug 31 2004, 08:04 PM\'] [quote name=\'Brakus\' date=\'Aug 31 2004, 02:55 AM\'] No changes expected over at WVEC for Wheel and Jeopardy!, where they've been at 7 and 7:30 respectively for years and years. [/quote]
Personally, if I lived in Norfolk (where all the stations you mentioned are), since WVEC would tend to pre-empt those two shows for Monday Night Football on (where else!) Monday, it could be a bit of a problem. I think I'd wanna move them to another channel, preferably NBC affiliate WAVY (which I believe is Norfolk's long-time news leader). [/quote]
Umm...AFAIK, MNF has *never* pre-empted Wheel and J! on (where else!) Mondays, mainly since the two shows air at 7-8 EST.

At least, this is in my 17 years of living in the area.

BTW, WAVY is over-rated (obgameshow: They aired HSq'86) [/quote]
 Then, fostergray82, in your case, I guess I could leave them the way they are.

14gameshows

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2004, 11:47:58 AM »
Interesting, there are Virginians on this board.  I myself am a Virginian but I'm on the other side of Richmond, in a little city called Roanoke!  Well over here we dont have any shakeups, gameshow wise here.  On WDBJ 7, Family Feud will remain at 10am for a full hour with the Primary show at 10am, with a rerun (supposedly) at 10:30...
but last fall, at 10:30, we saw "future" episodes of Feud, meaning that the 10am showing and the 10:30 showings were at least 2 months apart, otherwise meaning that at 10am it could be Andersons v. McCalls and at 10:30 it could be Cunningham v. Richards and then a few months down the road, you'll see that Cunningham v. Richards episode at 10am.  Strange but that's what happened.

Millionaire will stay put at 4:30 as News7 at 5's lead in programming.  

H2, of course will not be seen this fall, so WSET ABC 13 will replace that show with something.  Schedule not out yet!

Wheel and Jeopardy will remain on WSET 13 as it has at the 7pm hour for the past 10 years!

Going a little off topic, every time I visit the Tidewater region and watch the local programmin there, I prefer to watch WVEC 13, which has the ship bells SFX played during the week ahead weather out look.  I cannot get anything out of WAVY-10 news On your Side.  Are they the no. 1 station down there?  I must brag because WDBJ-7 here in Roanoke, there 6pm news is the highest rated 6pm newscast in the Commonwealth.  No lie, go to wdbj7.com and find out more.  There is a ratings page which has the information.  Beating out the big ones in Richmond and Tidewater area.

BrandonFG

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2004, 01:39:58 PM »
[quote name=\'14gameshows\' date=\'Sep 1 2004, 10:47 AM\'] Going a little off topic, every time I visit the Tidewater region and watch the local programmin there, I prefer to watch WVEC 13, which has the ship bells SFX played during the week ahead weather out look.  I cannot get anything out of WAVY-10 news On your Side.  Are they the no. 1 station down there? [/quote]
Yep, in Norfolk, WAVY (NBC) is #1 with the 5, 6, and 11 pm newscasts, I believe. WVEC (ABC) is a very close second, and has even taken the #1 position on some occasions.

ObGameShow: WVEC aired the first three seasons of Bergeron HSq at 5:30 pm.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2004, 01:40:16 PM by fostergray82 »

gshowguy

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2004, 06:31:33 PM »
At least nothing's gonna happen here in the Bay Area (which is where I live) with J!, WoF, and WWtBaM returning to KGO for another season.

If you want to know why I suggested a station change for J! and WoF, here's why:

I remember reading a post at Vintage Detroit TV's message board that said a guy could get Sacramento stations on satellite. He said because of KXTV's airings of Monday Night Football start in the 6PM timeslot (which knocks off H2, J!, and WoF), he says the three programs should move to another channel, preferably NBC affiliate KCRA (Where the news comes first!). I almost wanted to get a little upset, because I had been watching Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune for many years on KXTV when I visited my grandparents' house in Columbia, a town near California's state capitol of Sacramento. Then, I thought, "Well, KCRA has been the Central Valley's news leader for decades," so I assumed if those shows ended up on channel 3, the ratings for the shows in Sacramento would go through the roof. So, I assume J! and WoF are gonna get another season on channel 10, correct? BTW, have they been aired on KXTV in syndication in Sacramento since 1984?

ObGameShows: I'm gonna watch all the season premieres, including Ken Jennings' return on Jeopardy!

tvwxman

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2004, 06:37:52 PM »
[quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Sep 1 2004, 05:31 PM\'] At least nothing's gonna happen here in the Bay Area (which is where I live) with J!, WoF, and WWtBaM returning to KGO for another season.

If you want to know why I suggested a station change for J! and WoF, here's why:

I remember reading a post at Vintage Detroit TV's message board that said a guy could get Sacramento stations on satellite. He said because of KXTV's airings of Monday Night Football start in the 6PM timeslot (which knocks off H2, J!, and WoF), he says the three programs should move to another channel, preferably NBC affiliate KCRA (Where the news comes first!). I almost wanted to get a little upset, because I had been watching Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune for many years on KXTV when I visited my grandparents' house in Columbia, a town near California's state capitol of Sacramento. Then, I thought, "Well, KCRA has been the Central Valley's news leader for decades," so I assumed if those shows ended up on channel 3, the ratings for the shows in Sacramento would go through the roof. So, I assume J! and WoF are gonna get another season on channel 10, correct? BTW, have they been aired on KXTV in syndication in Sacramento since 1984?

ObGameShows: I'm gonna watch all the season premieres, including Ken Jennings' return on Jeopardy! [/quote]
 Do you even know what the purpose of "ObGameShows" is for?

I doubt it.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

BrandonFG

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2004, 09:55:45 PM »
Side note for Norfolk, as of next week, Street Smarts moves to 11:30 am on WGNT, against part II of TPiR.