Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Come on Down!  (Read 3019 times)

JayDLewis

Come on Down!
« on: September 08, 2004, 11:23:30 PM »
Back in tha day someone on ATGS remarked that the "Come On Down" music from Dougie Ds version was so bland that it was 100% unmemorable.

Well, you're right. And now you can hear for yourself. I've unearthed a mostly clean file of that music. It was a short file so I looped it a couple of time to give it some heft. You can faintly hear applause in the background but it's not so noticable that it detracts from the music.

So, because I'm not greedy and one of those people who hoarde stuff, I freely give this file to the on-line community. I don't expect anything in return. Download, listen, enjoy and pass it along.

Currently, it is only available at golden-road.net (in the AV room, I think you have to be a member to access that area) but if I can find a host without bandwidth limitations (anyone care to offer some virtual real estate?), I'll slap it up in a "mirror" as well.

File size is just over 1Mb. Length is about 1 minute...it even includes the ending.
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

J.R.

Come on Down!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 12:45:43 AM »
Pretty neet find. Thanks for sharing it with us !

Gshowguy: This was the same "Come On Down!" music used on Bruce's Price is Right : )

-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

Casey Buck

Come on Down!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 02:11:43 AM »
In addition to this cue from TNPiR'94, the Golden-road.net A/V room also has the very rare Come on Down cue from 1972.

urbanpreppie05

Come on Down!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 07:29:58 AM »
Jay-

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

With my college's production of What's the Big Deal? I was looking for this cue-because in contrast to Survey Says, this show is aming for a classy, nighttime feel- and this was the cue I wanted to call the contestants down to!

PS- I actually like this cue, but there are other cuts with Saxes!
insert signature here

sshuffield70

Come on Down!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 10:07:42 AM »
Jay,

A stupid question on my part....(yes, I admit to stupid questions once in a while).....

I did get the clip in question....but listening to it, I thought there was another cue used as the open.  Or is it one and the same?

JayDLewis

Come on Down!
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 10:34:41 AM »
It's not the open...I did say it was the "come on down" cue.

Perhaps you didn't see any of TNPiR94 but no contestants are called on down in the opening. Easy enough mistake to make.

I'd love to get the opening cue...that's kind of bland too but it "completes the set"
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

LetsGoMets2003

Come on Down!
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 01:05:47 PM »
I'd love to get the opening cue...that's kind of bland too but it "completes the set"

Is it just me, or was the opening theme the main theme with a vamp at the start of it? I think the vamp is what you're referring to Jay, anybody that had it could theoretically mix it with the main theme. Call me nitpicky, lol.

Thanks again for the cue.

sshuffield70

Come on Down!
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004, 01:40:16 PM »
[quote name=\'JayDLewis\' date=\'Sep 9 2004, 09:34 AM\'] It's not the open...I did say it was the "come on down" cue.

Perhaps you didn't see any of TNPiR94 but no contestants are called on down in the opening. Easy enough mistake to make.

I'd love to get the opening cue...that's kind of bland too but it "completes the set" [/quote]
 Actually, Jay, I did.  Which is why I thought the opening was different.  But being how my memory is at my age..........

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Come on Down!
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2004, 02:05:43 PM »
[quote name=\'LetsGoMets2003\' date=\'Sep 9 2004, 10:05 AM\']

Is it just me, or was the opening theme the main theme with a vamp at the start of it? I think the vamp is what you're referring to Jay, anybody that had it could theoretically mix it with the main theme. Call me nitpicky, lol.

Thanks again for the cue. [/quote]
 Except with a vamp, you can cut to the main theme at anytime. The TNPiR94 open was the same every time, so the whole thing was premixed with pretty clean transitions, I think.

(Does there exist a downloadable video clip of a show open anywhere? I wouldn't mind having that in the archives. I think I did once.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Come on Down!
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2004, 02:15:22 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 9 2004, 01:05 PM\'] (Does there exist a downloadable video clip of a show open anywhere? I wouldn't mind having that in the archives. I think I did once.) [/quote]
Tony Harrison has one at his site.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 02:15:46 PM by Dsmith »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

MYosua

Come on Down!
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2004, 02:16:58 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 9 2004, 02:05 PM\'] (Does there exist a downloadable video clip of a show open anywhere? I wouldn't mind having that in the archives. I think I did once.) [/quote]
Yes, there are two opens of TNPiR (one of them is a later one) available at Tony Harrison's Price is Right Site:

http://www.tpir.tv/newprice/newprice.htm

And thanks Jay for the cue, I never saw the show when it aired so I was wondering what the CoD cue sounded like.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 02:19:12 PM by MYosua »