Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best "Price is Right" Moment...  (Read 4540 times)

Ian Wallis

Best "Price is Right" Moment...
« on: September 10, 2004, 09:30:13 AM »
Since "Price" is just about set to enter its 33rd season, I'm wondering what you think is the best moment in the show's history?  Not necessarily the most memorable, because that would likely be "she came on down and they came on out!"  

It could be a big showcase win, a contestant pulling off a surprise win in a game they were destined to lose, or even the entire 5000th show when a car was offered in every game.

Here's mine:

During the 25th Anniversary show in 1996, they showed a clip of the Punch a Bunch game.  A contestant had won $5000 with one punch hole left to go.  He wanted to put it back but Bob and the audience tried to persuade him to keep it.  He eventually did put it back and Bob pulled out the next card - only to have it read $10,000!

For me, that's just about the most memorable.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 09:30:42 AM by Ian Wallis »
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

aaron sica

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 09:37:34 AM »
The playing of "Shell Game" where our lovely contestant "cheated" and lifted up the shell.

"You know, you've ruined my show. You've ruined my game."
"Everybody knows the damn thing's not there..."

ClockGameJohn

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 09:42:32 AM »
Let me think about my most memorable moment...   ;-)

Skynet74

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 04:46:34 PM »
I like the one where the Guy hurt his leg on stage and they had to bring out a chair for him. Then after he spun the Big Wheel he just rolled himself over to the Score Board. He was a fun guy who I still remember to this day.

John

bandit_bobby

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 05:25:14 PM »
When Amy Remple became the daytime version's all time winner last March.

JayC

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 06:15:55 PM »
Yolanda "coming on out"!

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2004, 06:33:55 PM »
Air date:  November 30, 2001

A certain someone from this board gives a winning showcase bid and is thanked shortly thereafter by the showcase winner, an elderly lady from Maryland who had no clue what to bid.  Thanks to that person, she took home over $30,000 in prizes, including a speedboat.

But I'm a skosh biased.

whewfan

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2004, 07:02:05 PM »
Air Date: January 12, 2004

Salvatore, an elderly yet very spry man with a bright green jacket and red and green hat, gets the audience riled up waiting in line, doesn't see the fireplace he's supposed to bid on, then trips on his way to the turntable, stopping the hearts of 325 people for a few seconds... he doesn't win the car in Any Number, but a terrific contestant

Why is it my favorite moment? I saw it live with my brother and his wife!

gshowguy

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2004, 07:34:48 PM »
I have two:

From the US, 07/13/02:

Thomas Arozen (spelling?), Jr. wins a Ford Focus sedan, Dodge Caravan, and Pontiac Sunbird convertible in Triple Play, then wins a Jeep in the showcase.

From another country: mid-90s:

As seen on many game show funny moments specials, there are two women from the Aussie version who constantly wheeze, and even a tiny sip of water doesn't help.

TalkingHeadsFan

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2004, 08:17:53 PM »
How could anyone NOT mention our yodeling-favorite WALTER! I've never seen an elderly man so excited about the game....His attempt to sing along with the yodeler was HILARIOUS since he did so bad! Then when poor Hans fell off the cliff, the next shot we see is of Walter on the floor face down and wriggling. Still the funniest moment EVER in my opinion

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2004, 08:20:55 PM »
How about Rod's "A BARBECUE AND A NEW CAR!" Blooper?

I think that was the best. Couldn't stop laughing when he did that, and I don't think anyone could stop laughing about that.

Second best would be the one and only Pick-A-Pair blooper (Ferris wheel era), where after the contestant fails on his first attempt to pick 2 products with the same price, Bob accidentally tells him the product that matched his first choice.

Then, Bob realizes his mistake, and he gets the contestant to tell him what matched his first choice, and nonetheless, he won his prize.

GSWitch

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2004, 10:17:56 PM »
Let's not forget the very 1st Grand Game winner, Pauline!  At least she didn't also win $11,000 on the wheel or BOTH SHOWCASES, she would've been "Hurricane Pauline"!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 05:13:59 PM by GSWitch »

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2004, 11:17:03 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Sep 10 2004, 09:17 PM\'] Let's not forget the very 1st Grand Game winner, Pauline!  At least she didn't also win $11,000 on the wheel or she would've been "Hurricane Pauline"! [/quote]
 A little insensitive to invoke a hurricane reference at this point in time, no?

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2004, 05:28:38 AM »
Ftom 2003:

The game was Flip Flop.  The contestant playing it sees that the prop to reveal the actual retail price gets stuck about halfway down.  Poor Bob tried pushing the button repeatedly but to no avail.  Then he tried to "rip" it off.   Finally, with the help of that contestant, the prop was "ripped" off.  Of course, hearing the bells meant that player won the prize anyway.  But poor Flip Flop was evidently put out of action for awhile in order to make repairs on it.

ClockGameJohn

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2004, 07:15:12 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Sep 11 2004, 05:28 AM\']Ftom 2003:[/quote]
June 6, 2002 actually.

[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\']But poor Flip Flop was evidently put out of action for awhile in order to make repairs on it.[/quote]

Flip Flop was only gone for 2 weeks.  Nothing unusual at all.