Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Me on WWTBaM  (Read 6822 times)

Peter Sarrett

Me on WWTBaM
« on: July 16, 2003, 03:04:53 AM »
Just a quick note to say that my appearance on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire will air this Thursday, July 17.  Be gentle with me.

- Peter

zachhoran

Me on WWTBaM
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2003, 08:18:54 AM »
Didn't your episode tape like seven months ago? Anyway, congrats and good luck tomorrow :)

Peter Sarrett

Me on WWTBaM
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2003, 01:13:02 PM »
Yes, it taped back in December-- the last week of taping for the season.

thgames65

Me on WWTBaM
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2003, 04:30:54 PM »
Be gentle with me.

I doubt that you will have much to worry about.

-Tim

Timsterino

Me on WWTBaM
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2003, 07:04:26 PM »
Peter,

I look forward to seeing your show. I have friends that are on next week.

Here are your press pictures:

http://millionairehost.bvtv.com/showimages...7_Sarrett_2.jpg

and

http://millionairehost.bvtv.com/showimages...7_Sarrett_1.jpg

Tim :-)

Matt Ottinger

Me on WWTBaM
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2003, 07:27:30 PM »
I don't know what the protocol is in a situation like this.  I can't wish you \"good luck\", since the thing's already happened.  But just know that many of us will be watching and rooting for you in some weird time travel paradox sort of way.

BTW - MAN, those Buena Vista pictures are huge!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2003, 07:29:03 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Pyramid80

Me on WWTBaM
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2003, 04:14:53 PM »
Great job Peter!  I missed yesterday's episode but did see your final 10 minutes today.  I was with you all the way on the last milk-ad question.  I am glad that you took the money.  Wow, you did a great job and congratulations!!  Any plans for the $$?

Josh

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Me on WWTBaM
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2003, 04:22:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Jul 18 2003, 03:14 PM\']Great job Peter!  I missed yesterday's episode but did see your final 10 minutes today.  I was with you all the way on the last milk-ad question.  I am glad that you took the money.  Wow, you did a great job and congratulations!!  Any plans for the $$?[/quote]
I won't get into symantics here, but please bear in mind that today's WWTBAM hasn't aired yet in many markets as of this exact moment (3:21PM CDT), including my market of Chicago (which airs it at 6PM), so perhaps this note should've waited until later tonight or perhaps even tomorrow (or at least a spoiler put in, even though Zach indicated on another thread that Peter won at least $32K).

Not a criticism, just a heads-up.  :)

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Pyramid80

Me on WWTBaM
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2003, 07:31:36 PM »
Right Doug, I understand that.  I didn't put a spoiler in because I really didn't think I was giving anything away.  I left out the $$ amount since I knew that would be a spoiler.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Me on WWTBaM
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2003, 08:26:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Jul 18 2003, 06:31 PM\']Right Doug, I understand that.  I didn't put a spoiler in because I really didn't think I was giving anything away.  I left out the $$ amount since I knew that would be a spoiler.[/quote]
IMHO, there was one spoiler-worthy thing in your note (the fact he walked away instead of risking--which infers he won at least $64K as there's no reason to walk on the $64K question [good name for a game show--someone should create one with that title ;)]).  Maybe I'm nitpicking a bit too much though.  If I am, my apologies, Josh.  :)

Unfortunately I had to work late so as it turns out I missed the episode anyway.  Obviously Peter did quite well and kudos are certainly in order.  

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

goongas

Me on WWTBaM
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2003, 01:47:23 AM »
If you ever get a video file of your appearances, please post the link.   I wasn't able to see it because of the NYC preemption.

Goongas

Peter Sarrett

Me on WWTBaM
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2003, 03:40:02 PM »
I'm working on it, goongas.  I'll let you know when I've got it.  Thanks for the kudos, Pyramid!

- Peter

Matt Ottinger

Me on WWTBaM
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2003, 04:27:26 PM »
Peter  --

Congratulations!  I didn't get to see the first day either, but I was mightily impressed with your play on those big-money questions.  I was right with you on the Rondeau question, but I don't know whether I would have had the guts to pull the trigger.

And how did you know the Bulwer-Lytton question?  Everybody's familiar with Snoopy's literary exploits, but the worst-line contest isn't exactly common knowledge.  Coincidentally, earlier this week USA TODAY reported on the results of the 2003 contest.  For your amusement, here's the winning entry:

\"They had but one last remaining night together, so they embraced each other as tightly as that two-flavor entwined string cheese that is orange and yellowish-white, the orange probably being a bland Cheddar and the white . . . Mozzarella, although it could possibly be Provolone or just plain American, as it really doesn't taste distinctly dissimilar from the orange, yet they would have you believe it does by coloring it differently.\"

Anyway, great job.  So, let's ask the cliche:  What are you going to do with the money?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2003, 04:28:22 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Me on WWTBaM
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2003, 05:00:12 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jul 19 2003, 01:27 PM\'] And how did you know the Bulwer-Lytton question?  Everybody's familiar with Snoopy's literary exploits, but the worst-line contest isn't exactly common knowledge. [/quote]
 I'd have known that in a heartbeat, but that's because the annual contest was started by an English professor at San Jose State University, my alma mater. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

Me on WWTBaM
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2003, 07:49:44 PM »
Congratu-Freaking-Lations Peter is all I have to say, both for winning and keeping quiet about it for seven months :)