Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bob Eubanks book signing dates  (Read 3213 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
Bob Eubanks book signing dates
« on: September 10, 2004, 05:04:16 PM »
From the Upcoming Celebrity Book Signings and Events page and confirmed at bn.com, all signings are at the Barnes and Noble stores at the following locations...

10/6/04 7:00 PM – West Charleston. Las Vegas, NV.
10/8/04 7:00 PM – Grove Drive. Los Angeles, CA.
10/15/04 7:00 PM – US Highway 31 North. Carmel, IN.
10/22/04 7:00 PM – Stonebriar Mall. Frisco, TX.
11/5/04 7:00 PM – East Colonial Dr. Orlando, FL.
11/15/04 7:00 PM – Chagrin Blvd. Woodmere, OH.
12/2/04 7:00 PM – Olentangy River Road. Columbus, OH.

I'll be at the 11/15 Woodmere signing, given I can find a way to get out of class that night.  If it was any other weeknight besides Monday, there would be no schedule conflicts.

kidsplash

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 06:52:23 PM »
You know, every year for a couple of years now, Bob Eubanks is in St. Louis as co-host of the "Variety Telethon". It was taped at the Chase Park Plaza. It airs every March on the weekend (I think) on my station, KMOV-TV (CBS Channel 4). I'd sure love him to come to St. Louis sometime so I can meet him in person and he can sign my copy of "It's in the Book, Bob!"

I can't forget about the time I met Peter Marshall in person at Borders in Brentwood, MO. That was a memorable experience for me!

sshuffield70

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 08:36:57 PM »
Well, Frisco is not that far from me......(Hey, Barker, that's Frisco, Texas, not San Francisco!).....so, I'm going to try and make that one unless I'm really busy.

johnnyd1788

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 09:18:37 PM »
[quote name=\'kidsplash\' date=\'Sep 10 2004, 05:52 PM\'] You know, every year for a couple of years now, Bob Eubanks is in St. Louis as co-host of the "Variety Telethon". It was taped at the Chase Park Plaza. It airs every March on the weekend (I think) on my station, KMOV-TV (CBS Channel 4). I'd sure love him to come to St. Louis sometime so I can meet him in person and he can sign my copy of "It's in the Book, Bob!"

I can't forget about the time I met Peter Marshall in person at Borders in Brentwood, MO. That was a memorable experience for me! [/quote]
I definately remember a while ago tuning in to him on the telethon. It was awesome. Maybe us game show fans in the St. Louis area could meet up to where they tape the telethon and see if we could get in and meet him.
Like that will happen.
By hey, it could still happen. :)
John
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 09:20:39 PM by johnnyd1788 »

Pyramid80

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 07:38:39 PM »
Just curious if anyone has been to any book signings yet.  I am traveling down to Orlando on November for the noon lunch.  I am looking forward to it....

IT'S IN THE BOOK BOB

sshuffield70

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2004, 08:11:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Oct 25 2004, 06:38 PM\']Just curious if anyone has been to any book signings yet.  I am traveling down to Orlando on November for the noon lunch.  I am looking forward to it....

IT'S IN THE BOOK BOB
[snapback]61936[/snapback]
[/quote]

Mine was last Saturday, but was too broke to go.

TimK2003

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2004, 09:35:38 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Sep 10 2004, 04:04 PM\']From the Upcoming Celebrity Book Signings and Events page and confirmed at bn.com, all signings are at the Barnes and Noble stores at the following locations...

11/15/04 7:00 PM – Chagrin Blvd. Woodmere, OH.
[snapback]56626[/snapback]
[/quote]

Bob?  Cleveland??  November 15th???  WHOOPEE!!!

Actually, Woodmere is a small little burg on the East Side of Cleveland for those who have never heard of it.  Just watch your speed through there -- Ranks right up there with Linndale (another speed trappers paradise).  Hell. I'm still a newlywed, what a great idea for an evening!

By the way, from the same aforementioned website, those in the Big Apple can see Fannie Flagg next Friday Night, 11/5/04 7:00 PM at Barnes & Noble @ Lincoln Center.  And if you're nice, she may even sign your <BLANKS>.

Tim K.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 09:56:21 PM by TimK2003 »

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2004, 10:24:29 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Oct 25 2004, 09:35 PM\']Bob?  Cleveland??  November 15th???  WHOOPEE!!!

Actually, Woodmere is a small little burg on the East Side of Cleveland for those who have never heard of it.  Just watch your speed through there -- Ranks right up there with Linndale (another speed trappers paradise).  Hell. I'm still a newlywed, what a great idea for an evening![/quote]

Right you are, Tim.  Whoops, that's Geoff Edwards. :-P

I was at the B&N at Woodmere in late August for the Bill Clinton book signing.  This B&N is huge, bigger than either B&N in closer proximity from Casa de Mike.  There was a large area set aside for the Clinton signing.  I'd presume they'd use the same area for all book signings.  B&N is at the far east end of The Eton Collection, the end farthest away from I-271.

To anybody who's been to a Eubanks signing, how long were the lines?  How long did you have to wait to get your book signed?  Was Eubanks signing other items like photos, board games, etc., or were autographs limited to books?  Some book signings I've attended in the past have allowed patrons to get memorabilia signed while others (specifically Clinton) limited people to one book signed per person.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2004, 07:55:59 AM »
At the Carmel signing, nobody even attempted to bring other memorabilia, but I have the feeling it may be frowned upon. There was a very book-specific setup for the line; they had you speak to a person prior to meeting Bob; that person would affix a post-it with your requested inscription for the host.

(FTR, I didn't bring my Diamond Head home game only because it was in storage an hour from my apartment at the time. :) )

The crowd was about 30-40 people, with a decent bit of publicity coming from an interview in the Indianapolis Star. I was in and out in an hour's time.

Bob has some great stories for his monologue, but they're all very well-rehearsed (and some of them are word-for-word from the book, so don't read ahead. :) ) And although I found the details of his music career fascinating, some of you may be let down that he spends only about a fourth of his speech on his game show career. But I still highly recommend checking it out.
@lambertman