Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NFL Meets The Newlywed Game  (Read 2537 times)

GSWitch

NFL Meets The Newlywed Game
« on: September 12, 2004, 05:06:27 PM »
Came across a funny ad for the NFL Network where they had a Newlywed Game theme, complete with the original Newlywed Game set!  Anyone else see that?

I'll bet their grand prize especially selected for them would be a trip to Jacksonville, Florida!

Fedya

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 07:28:13 PM »
There was an ad for Sunday Ticket (IIRC) several years back that used the Dating Game set.

There's a link to a very small version (160x120 pixels!) version of it at http://justagirl.com/top5/brett/ads/directv_1.mov
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 12:19:04 AM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Sep 12 2004, 04:06 PM\'] I'll bet their grand prize especially selected for them would be a trip to Jacksonville, Florida! [/quote]
^
Desperate Ploy to fill seats in Alltel Stadium/Gator Bowl.

I will NEVER understand why the NFL's 4th largest stadium is in it's 2nd/3rd (Depending on if you factor in Milwaukee with Green Bay) SMALLEST market.   Didn't it occur to ANYONE that just because the college games always packed house, that an NFL team might do just a little bit less in attendance.

ObGameShows:  What ever happened to NBC's plans to revive Newlywed/Dating Games?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 12:20:43 AM by Seth Thrasher »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 12:43:47 AM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Sep 12 2004, 09:19 PM\'] Desperate Ploy to fill seats in Alltel Stadium/Gator Bowl.

I will NEVER understand why the NFL's 4th largest stadium is in it's 2nd/3rd (Depending on if you factor in Milwaukee with Green Bay) SMALLEST market.   Didn't it occur to ANYONE that just because the college games always packed house, that an NFL team might do just a little bit less in attendance.

ObGameShows:  What ever happened to NBC's plans to revive Newlywed/Dating Games? [/quote]
 I suspect, come early February, filling seats in Alltel Stadium will not be a problem. Call it a hunch.

(And since you apparently DO understand that the Gator Bowl existed before the Jags came into the league, you might understand why the place seats as many as it does.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 01:00:42 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 12 2004, 11:43 PM\'] I suspect, come early February, filling seats in Alltel Stadium will not be a problem. Call it a hunch.
 [/quote]
 Oh, you mean that little pickup game that a couple of teams are in every year...The Superball, or whatever...Yeah, it should sell a few seats.  (Heh, if it wasn't for a lack of money, I might just be AT that Superball..er..Super Bowl)

(And since you apparently DO understand that the Gator Bowl existed before the Jags came into the league, you might understand why the place seats as many as it does.)

Of course I do...they had to have seating for the live alligator shows twice daily.  Wait, that IS why it's called that, right :p

uncamark

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2004, 12:30:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Sep 12 2004, 11:19 PM\']ObGameShows:  What ever happened to NBC's plans to revive Newlywed/Dating Games?[/quote]
Nipped in the bud, Bob.  Network's probably too happy with the performance of "Average Joe" and "For Love or Money"--which they both own lock, stock and barrel--to go forward with the "TDS/TNS" revivals.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2004, 01:38:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Sep 13 2004, 01:00 AM\'] Oh, you mean that little pickup game that a couple of teams are in every year...The Superball, or whatever... [/quote]
 Don't think that's it...that tourney was canned six years ago. ;-)