Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: To Fellow Invisioners  (Read 2169 times)

gsnstooge

To Fellow Invisioners
« on: September 13, 2004, 07:50:55 AM »
I may have opened up another can of worms but to those who have been contestants on game show(s), here what I want the most to know about: what did you think about the people off-camera?  Here is what I want the most?

Matt Ottinger: Summer Bartholemew
Carlo Panno: Jack Clark and Art Fleming
Peter Marshall Fan: Bobby Van and what did your mom do with the $2,000? Who were the other celebs?  What were they like?

Matt Ottinger

To Fellow Invisioners
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 11:47:01 AM »
The simple answer for almost anybody is that you don't really get much of a sense of what the hosts and regulars are like when you're playing the game than when you watch them at home.  It's not like you're having dinner in their home.  They're still "on", just to a slightly lesser extent when the cameras aren't rolling.  

Summer was nice, and Jim Perry was nice...and tall.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 11:47:18 AM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
To Fellow Invisioners
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 12:19:07 PM »
[quote name=\'gsnstooge\' date=\'Sep 13 2004, 06:50 AM\'] Peter Marshall Fan: Bobby Van [/quote]
 I'm not PMF, but I can tell you that Bobby Van was one of the nicest people that I've ever met.  I met him away from the game show realm--he did a production of "The Music Man" in 1977 in a theatre in suburban Chicago.  My folks took me for my 12th birthday and a backstage meeting followed.  Now, granted he knew I was coming, but it seemed to me that what you saw what what you got (nice, friendly, didn't just go through the motions).

While I've never been a contestant on any show, I've had the great pleasure of meeting quite a few hosts (including a couple during my recent trip to Los Angeles).  And one pretty good announcer.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)