Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best "Price is Right" Moment...  (Read 4541 times)

gsnstooge

Best "Price is Right" Moment...
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2004, 10:06:53 AM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Sep 10 2004, 09:17 PM\'] Let's not forget the very 1st Grand Game winner, Pauline!  At least she didn't also win $11,000 on the wheel or she would've been "Hurricane Pauline"! [/quote]
 I am more comfortable with Pat Finn saying "next word, first definition, last definition" on TJW '90 than seeing her chase Bob.

BrandonFG

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2004, 10:53:10 AM »
One excited Samoan contestant who runs up onto the turntable, puts a straw hat on Bob's head, then spins him around two or three times.

Arlene, the red-haired contestant who faints after winning her showcase.

Finally, not really a moment, but Bob's about to do his inspirational putt, and he brags about how good of a golfer he is. The audience heckles him, to which he replies, "Audience...shut up!"
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

zachhoran

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2004, 07:32:07 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Sep 11 2004, 09:53 AM\']
Finally, not really a moment, but Bob's about to do his inspirational putt, and he brags about how good of a golfer he is. The audience heckles him, to which he replies, "Audience...shut up!" [/quote]
 How about the episode from the mid 80s where some of the staff placed bets on whether Bob would make his putt. And then, there's an episode a couple years ago where no inspiration putt was done at all(the guy got all six products in the correct order and admitted to being a decent golfer), the only time the Daytime TPIR didn't have anyone do a inspiration putt in Hole in One. The hosts of TPIR Live in AC apparently don't do such putt, but maybe Randy could be conned to do one the week after next when he's in town :)

GSWitch

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2004, 07:58:08 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Sep 11 2004, 06:32 PM\'] [quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Sep 11 2004, 09:53 AM\']
Finally, not really a moment, but Bob's about to do his inspirational putt, and he brags about how good of a golfer he is. The audience heckles him, to which he replies, "Audience...shut up!" [/quote]
How about the episode from the mid 80s where some of the staff placed bets on whether Bob would make his putt. And then, there's an episode a couple years ago where no inspiration putt was done at all(the guy got all six products in the correct order and admitted to being a decent golfer), the only time the Daytime TPIR didn't have anyone do a inspiration putt in Hole in One. The hosts of TPIR Live in AC apparently don't do such putt, but maybe Randy could be conned to do one the week after next when he's in town :) [/quote]
 Back in 1991, Janice Pennington did an inspiration putt.  The ball went left & it suddenly turned crooked right & dropped in the hole!

The audience laughed & Bob Barker was amazed!  After commercial break, they showed Janice's putt on the monitor.  Janice quipped, "It's like you say this never happens for me!"

That Don Guy

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2004, 11:51:42 PM »
Well, this isn't exactly a "moment", but on one of the more recent season premieres, the first Showcase Showdown had someone who won about $20,000 in prizes - spinning first (the other two had won $23,000 in Plinko and about $60,000 in Triple Play).

(The least memorable moment: it's a tie - the contestant who was $1 over in the showcase, and the two who had the ball on the line right next to the hole in "Hole in One" (back when they played for RX-7s) and missed the putt.)

-- Don

cmjb13

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2004, 07:37:52 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Sep 11 2004, 07:32 PM\']How about the episode from the mid 80s where some of the staff placed bets on whether Bob would make his putt. [/quote]
Only person I've seen place a bet was Doug Quick, and that was off-air. Who else placed the bet?
The hosts of TPIR Live in AC apparently don't do such putt

The hole is smaller than the daytime version, so it's a bit more difficult.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

zachhoran

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2004, 08:16:16 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Sep 12 2004, 06:37 AM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Sep 11 2004, 07:32 PM\']How about the episode from the mid 80s where some of the staff placed bets on whether Bob would make his putt. [/quote]
Only person I've seen place a bet was Doug Quick, and that was off-air. Who else placed the bet?
 [/quote]
 I think the staff was making bets off-air, don't recall which people were involved.

Rastaub

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2004, 10:35:59 AM »
I'd have to check the episode on tape to be sure, however there was an episode (I want to say mid-80's) with Hole in One, where some staffer (not anyone I recognized) challenged Bob to make the putt.

As to my favorite moments...

Any time the hideous On the Nose was played, there were sure to be disastrous results. On the Nose Tennis had to be about the funniest, as the guy playing smashed a shot that nearly hit the ceiling and then another that nailed someone a few feet off camera.

On the nose also fetured less than stellar athletic attempts by Bob. In the 5-6 episodes I have with On the Nose, I dont think Bob managed to hit the target at all on his inspiration attempts.

uncamark

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2004, 12:38:14 PM »
The staffer who always seemed to be mentioned in bets on Hole in One was Bill Chesnutt.  Bill was the last director of Barker's version of "T or C" and Barker seemed to help him get a crew job on "TPIR" (although exactly what I never remember, since he wasn't listed in the credits).  When Bill retired, Barker gave him an on-air sendoff.