Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Possible Jeopardy Fix?  (Read 3729 times)

jdhernandez

Possible Jeopardy Fix?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2004, 08:47:50 PM »
I think you guys also forget that Ken has an advantage because of his experience in Quiz Bowls and College Bowl. You really can learn a lot from taking part in those tournaments and events. Also, who's to say there is a definite advantage?

Eddie Timanus couldn't see the lights around the board several years back, and look how well he did on his set of shows. In fact, he couldn't see the values of what was on the board most of the time; hence why he said, "Next one, please" many times in his five-day run.

All it takes is practice, practice, practice...and a lot of smarts. :) Makes me wish I could have played more games at the GSC, but feh. =D I'm an idiot anyway...
-Jason Hernandez; aka "Dimples"

Tomarken: "...somebody else could do this job!"

Rod Roddy: "Yes, I'm afraid that's true."

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

Craig Karlberg

Possible Jeopardy Fix?
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2004, 05:37:28 AM »
If Eddie Timanous didn't see the board or the lights for that matter, I'm wondering how he managed to ring in & do so effectively like that.  I'm thinking he went by Alex's voice & was able to cue that in his brain & time it so he could ring in at the proper time.

As far as the board goes, he was given a braille sheet with the category names & the dollar ammounts.  I wouldn't consider that an unfair advantage but he played the game like any normal sighted person would've done.

If I was there(& I probably won't), I'd need a big monitor in front of me to see the clues because of my low vision.

Steve McClellan

Possible Jeopardy Fix?
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2004, 06:07:39 PM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Sep 14 2004, 02:37 AM\'] As far as the board goes, he was given a braille sheet with the category names & the dollar ammounts. [/quote]
 Just the categories, actually.