Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Wheel" goes bust!  (Read 2560 times)

Bob Zager

"Wheel" goes bust!
« on: September 13, 2004, 06:59:33 PM »
Here is a link to an article of the same title--Re: Wheel of Fortune Live Play by Hasbro/Tiger Electronics:

http://www.playthings.com/article/CA450590...=Licensing+News

bwood

"Wheel" goes bust!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 11:35:29 PM »
So that's why it's not on the shelves. Thanks for posting this. I've been looking in stores for it since it was originally supposed to come out around this season's premiere. I actually stopped at Wal-Mart and looked today, since their website has it listed as "Wheel of Fortune Play Along". It was out of stock on the site and this article shows why :) I've been on a search for nothing. Oh well, guess I can wait until spring if it ensures that the thing will work right. Funny how they could get this thing to work in the 80's and here we are in 2004 with the same type of product and can't get it to work right.

Craig Karlberg

"Wheel" goes bust!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 05:24:58 AM »
Scratch off one item I won't get for Christmas this year.  RATTS!

MikeK

• Martha!
"Wheel" goes bust!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 12:29:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Sep 14 2004, 05:24 AM\'] Scratch off one item I won't get for Christmas this year.  RATTS! [/quote]
 You might want to replace the WoF LivePlay with a spell checker.  "Rats!" has just one T.  Ah, the irony of misspelling in a thread about a game show about words.

But seriously, I was in the same boat as bwood.  Two local Wal-Marts had slots reserved for the WoF LivePlay.  About two weeks ago, an employee told me they were expecting the item in two weeks.  Lo and behold, when I went out there this weekend, no LivePlay.

In retrospect, I guess the first thing that should've tipped me off about LivePlay's status was no promotion during WoF last week.  The King of All Game Show Media said on his site that there would be a big advertising pitch for LivePlay on premiere week.

Michael Brandenburg

"Wheel" goes bust!
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 07:56:48 PM »
It seems that my own computer has "bouncy" contacts in the keyboard switches, which sometimes leads to double letters (thus producing "Ratts," for example, instead of "Rats" in this case).

Too bad about the WOF hand-held game being discussed here, but is the "Slingo" hand-held game still available?  My mother won a total of $74 with the first two "Slingo" scratch-off Ohio Lottery game tickets she bought, and she had never heard of the "Slingo" game.  (Of course, I've played the on-line version many times, and I have the CD-ROM computer game.)

Michael Brandenburg
(Can my 82-year-old mother master one of those hand-held electronic games?  We may find out if I can find this game!)

Robert Hutchinson

"Wheel" goes bust!
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 10:05:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Michael Brandenburg\' date=\'Sep 14 2004, 06:56 PM\']It seems that my own computer has "bouncy" contacts in the keyboard switches, which sometimes leads to double letters (thus producing "Ratts," for example, instead of "Rats" in this case).[/quote]
I'm guessing, though, that your computer (and Craig's as well) also has a monitor, on which the words one types can be read.

This isn't really a snipe at you or Craig--honest. I just see that general excuse used way too often. "I proofread it and missed it" or "I was in a hurry" holds up much better than "it's my keyboard's fault".
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin