Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family feud Season 6 changes  (Read 3480 times)

urbanpreppie05

Family feud Season 6 changes
« on: September 13, 2004, 11:32:34 AM »
There are some slight changes to the set-

The floor is no longer brown, it's a cooler purple-blue style.

The yellow-checkerboard walls that were next to the team captain and behind the family sign, are now the same frosted white checkerboard behind the board, and also light up and change color during wins, commercials etc.

They seem to use a crane camera more.

Richard IMHO, has gotten better in the last few months than when he first took over. Sure he's no Richard Dawson or ray Combs, but he does a descent job.

And in his first show, Richard makes a mention of this being his 3rd season hosting. How's that Crow Louie?
insert signature here

Terry K

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 01:42:51 PM »
If you ask me, Karn was the most unlikely choice, but he has really gotten it.  I wouldn't be too surprised if they sat him down and had him watch a bunch of old Combs and Dawson eps.  He's learning well.  

I think Louie was a bad choice from the get-go.  Putting Karn in has given the show 3 years it wouldn't have had.

cmjb13

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 03:08:52 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this version of Feud has tied Combs' run of 6 seasons. Considering how long this version has lasted already, I wouldn't be suprised to see this version pass Dawson's 9 seasons.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

TV Favorites

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 03:11:00 PM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Sep 13 2004, 10:32 AM\'] And in his first show, Richard makes a mention of this being his 3rd season hosting. How's that Crow Louie? [/quote]
 Who were the families on the episode you saw today?  I didn't hear him saying anything about the 3rd season and was curious if my affiliate fed the wrong episode.

adamjk

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 03:14:56 PM »
I tried to tape the premiere show, but failed to notice that my affliate airs the show an hour earlier now from last season. I got the Millionaire season 3 premiere instead. Anyway, I was just wondering, is Burton still using those catchphrases at the beginning when he intros Richard? And also, does the audience still go nuts when the point values are doubled?

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2004, 03:15:57 PM »
[quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Sep 13 2004, 02:11 PM\'] [quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Sep 13 2004, 10:32 AM\'] And in his first show, Richard makes a mention of this being his 3rd season hosting. How's that Crow Louie? [/quote]
Who were the families on the episode you saw today?  I didn't hear him saying anything about the 3rd season and was curious if my affiliate fed the wrong episode. [/quote]
 First ep.
I forget the returning family's name, but they were going for their 5th win, and had $22,000.

The challengers were the Thomases, a black, all-female family.

Didn't see the second ep., but I like the set modifications, esp. the purple floor.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

FeudDude

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2004, 08:03:05 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Sep 13 2004, 02:14 PM\'] I tried to tape the premiere show, but failed to notice that my affliate airs the show an hour earlier now from last season. I got the Millionaire season 3 premiere instead. Anyway, I was just wondering, is Burton still using those catchphrases at the beginning when he intros Richard? And also, does the audience still go nuts when the point values are doubled? [/quote]
 Yes and yes.

ChuckNet

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2004, 08:15:37 PM »
First ep.
I forget the returning family's name, but they were going for their 5th win, and had $22,000.

The challengers were the Thomases, a black, all-female family.

Which is confusing, considering the 2nd ep also had a black all-female fam. :-) But I digress...

Didn't see the second ep., but I like the set modifications, esp. the purple floor.

Me too...and the 2nd ep aired here in NY was the season premiere, as Richard mentioned it was the beginning of his 3rd year during his opening remarks.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

adamjk

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2004, 09:13:20 PM »
[quote name=\'Terry K\' date=\'Sep 13 2004, 12:42 PM\'] If you ask me, Karn was the most unlikely choice, but he has really gotten it.  I wouldn't be too surprised if they sat him down and had him watch a bunch of old Combs and Dawson eps.  He's learning well. 

I think Louie was a bad choice from the get-go.  Putting Karn in has given the show 3 years it wouldn't have had. [/quote]
You know you may be right about him being sat down and viewing some old Dawson and Combs episodes. I say that because, on today's episode at the end of the show, he said: "I'm Richard Karn. We'll see ya next time." Or something to that effect. Ray Combs often said something quite similar at the end of each of his Feud episodes. I don't know if he did it on the premiere as I didn't see it, but it's interesting nonetheless.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 09:14:46 PM by adamjk »

tvwxman

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2004, 09:27:32 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Sep 14 2004, 08:13 PM\']

I think Louie was a bad choice from the get-go.  Putting Karn in has given the show 3 years it wouldn't have had. [/QUOTE]
You know you may be right about him being sat down and viewing some old Dawson and Combs episodes. I say that because, on today's episode at the end of the show, he said: "I'm Richard Karn. We'll see ya next time." Or something to that effect. Ray Combs often said something quite similar at the end of each of his Feud episodes. I don't know if he did it on the premiere as I didn't see it, but it's interesting nonetheless. [/quote]
 You mean to tell me, in your expert analysis, that they sat Richard down and said :

"Rich, at the end of the show, ad-lib a goodbye, okay?"

And you're comparing it to Ray Combs?

Why stop there? Why not compare it to, i dunno, every game show/talk show/variety show/news show, who's personality says "So long/good bye/shalom" at the end of the program?

This is why not many people think highly of you and your theories, AdamJK.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2004, 10:10:24 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Sep 14 2004, 08:27 PM\']You mean to tell me, in your expert analysis, that they sat Richard down and said :

"Rich, at the end of the show, ad-lib a goodbye, okay?"[/quote]
I haven't seen the new season, but based on the previous two, I definitely would've sat him down and told him that.

"'Next time . . . on the fffeEEUUUD!' is great and all, Richard--that is, when you can remember it--"
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

FeudDude

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2004, 11:19:07 PM »
Well, they probably did tell him that he needed a better closing line, because "You don't wanna miss it" was just lame.  I like his new signoff - simple and to the point.  I just wish they'd let Burton say some kind of closing line.