Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best "Wheel of Fortune" moment...  (Read 11275 times)

sshuffield70

Best "Wheel of Fortune" moment...
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2004, 11:14:49 PM »
[quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Sep 12 2004, 02:01 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowsteve\' date=\'Sep 12 2004, 12:35 PM\'] Wow. How did they explain why the contestants' lifeless bodies ended up lying behind the wheel? And one of them in front of the wheel, too. [/quote]
When I meant "literally, no brains" I still meant to say they were stupid. It's at the Theatre section at Game Show Central. [/quote]
 No brains, eh?  Look who's talking.

Don Howard

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2004, 12:12:59 AM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Sep 12 2004, 07:37 PM\'] Honorable mention: I forget the lady's name, but the old woman who won $100k a few years back was great.  Her reaction upon winning the $100,000  was priceless. [/quote]
 Yes. As I remember it, the woman had a coronary. It's one of my favorite bloopers, too.

ChuckNet

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2004, 08:45:59 PM »
I remember this one ep during the 91-92 season where the contestant landed on a prize space, and picked it up w/out calling for a letter first (to his credit, this was not long after they first changed that rule on the nighttime show)...Pat walks over to the contestant, takes the wedge and begins hitting him w/it. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

byrd62

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2004, 09:44:43 PM »
Don't forget the buzzer-beating PISTACHIO

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2004, 01:50:37 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Sep 12 2004, 01:28 PM\'] What's your favorite moment, he asks? And then he proceeds to give his top 100 favorites.
But now here's my favorite moment. Notice! Moment. Singular.
 [/quote]
 Your Singular moment made me roll over.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

TonicBH

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2004, 04:33:13 AM »
I think one of the best moments came from Christmas 1992 during a family week where a team (I forget the names offhand) ended up winning over $100,000 in cash in prizes. They even won some Geo car as the Surprise.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2004, 10:43:39 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Sep 15 2004, 01:50 AM\'] Your Singular moment made me roll over. [/quote]
 [throws cell phones at Dsmith]

ChuckNet

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2004, 11:25:26 PM »
I think one of the best moments came from Christmas 1992 during a family week where a team (I forget the names offhand) ended up winning over $100,000 in cash in prizes. They even won some Geo car as the Surprise.

That would be Bunnie and her son, Ben...IIRC, it was a WoF record until that $147K+ Sweethearts' Week win some 3+ yrs later.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

zachhoran

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2004, 07:53:29 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Sep 17 2004, 10:25 PM\']

That would be Bunnie and her son, Ben...IIRC, it was a WoF record until that $147K+ Sweethearts' Week win some 3+ yrs later.
 [/quote]
 It was a record for a two-time champion(special weeks in those days usually had the top three winners come back on Friday), $130K+. The all-time WOF winner prior to Sweethearts' week(who broke MIndi's record by just $500, using the short-lived Double Play token to the tune of doubling the $10K cash special prize to $20K in the process) was $146K won by Mindi Mitola in three days in September 1990.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2004, 09:29:50 AM »
It was a record for a two-time champion(special weeks in those days usually had the top three winners come back on Friday), $130K+. The all-time WOF winner prior to Sweethearts' week(who broke MIndi's record by just $500, using the short-lived Double Play token to the tune of doubling the $10K cash special prize to $20K in the process) was $146K won by Mindi Mitola in three days in September 1990.

Zach, I'm curious...do you have computer database of all of this info?  Or do you have thousands of pages of written records on every show?  I know most of us can remember certain instances about certain shows, but you seem to remember everything about *every* show - where do you store that info?
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

zachhoran

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2004, 10:05:26 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Sep 20 2004, 08:29 AM\']

Zach, I'm curious...do you have computer database of all of this info?  Or do you have thousands of pages of written records on every show?  I know most of us can remember certain instances about certain shows, but you seem to remember everything about *every* show - where do you store that info? [/quote]
 Wallis brings back the eternal meta-topic :) I don't remember everything, seriously. Those that are 10 or 20 years older than myself remember tidbits from the 60s and 70s all those years later, and mention them from time to time. They kinda know more than I do, well not 40-year-old Karlberg, but most do.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2004, 11:43:48 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Sep 20 2004, 06:29 AM\'] Zach, I'm curious...do you have computer database of all of this info?  Or do you have thousands of pages of written records on every show?  I know most of us can remember certain instances about certain shows, but you seem to remember everything about *every* show - where do you store that info? [/quote]
 He uses that part of his brain that the rest of us (well, some of us) have reserved for a social life.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe