Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy!, Ken & Me  (Read 2238 times)

dzinkin

Jeopardy!, Ken & Me
« on: September 15, 2004, 08:30:16 AM »
WARNING: There is a spoiler in the article linked below.  If you click the link, it's your own darned fault.

Jeopardy, Ken & Me

National Review Online writer Catherine Seipp talks about her experiences trying out for Jeopardy.  There's one slam at John Kerry (it is NRO, after all), though it's a few short sentences out of a fun and otherwise apolitical article.

WhammyPower

Jeopardy!, Ken & Me
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 09:48:11 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Sep 15 2004, 06:30 AM\'] WARNING: There is a spoiler in the article linked below. [/quote]
 Yeah, the SAME spoiler that's been mentioned a bazillion times before.

J.R.

Jeopardy!, Ken & Me
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 10:07:45 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Sep 15 2004, 07:30 AM\'] WARNING: There is a spoiler in the article linked below.  If you click the link, it's your own darned fault.

Jeopardy, Ken & Me

National Review Online writer Catherine Seipp talks about her experiences trying out for Jeopardy.  There's one slam at John Kerry (it is NRO, after all), though it's a few short sentences out of a fun and otherwise apolitical article. [/quote]
 Two words for Catherine Seipp:

"Sour grapes"

-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

Matt Ottinger

Jeopardy!, Ken & Me
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 10:29:59 AM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Sep 15 2004, 10:07 AM\'] Two words for Catherine Seipp:
"Sour grapes" [/quote]
Yeah, maybe.  It's an awfully easy out for a writer to make fun of trivia fans with words like "weird" and "dork".  Goodness knows Ken's had to read that and worse written about him.  Still, as personal essays go, I though it was pretty harmless.  

I also didn't read a Kerry slam into the "Purple Heart" reference. Purple Hearts really are commonly given out to combat veterans, certainly as opposed to the Congressional Medal of Honor.  Not everything has to be political, not even in the NRO.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 10:31:38 AM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

dzinkin

Jeopardy!, Ken & Me
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 10:40:07 AM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Sep 15 2004, 09:48 AM\'] [quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Sep 15 2004, 06:30 AM\'] WARNING: There is a spoiler in the article linked below. [/quote]
Yeah, the SAME spoiler that's been mentioned a bazillion times before. [/quote]
 Better safe than sorry.

Next time I'll have Zach add spoiler space just to make you even happier. :-D

Jimmy Owen

Jeopardy!, Ken & Me
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 10:56:10 AM »
Jennings left Jeopardy!?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

CaseyAbell

Jeopardy!, Ken & Me
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 12:36:11 PM »
The "seared, seared" comment is definitely a Kerry...tweak. Kerry once said that his Christmas in Cambodia was "seared, seared" into his memory. Only now it looks like his Christmas was spent elsewhere. Silly flap.

Anyway, I didn't see any swipes specifically aimed at Ken, unlike the Sports Guy trashing of KJ on espn.com.