Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR Live News  (Read 5262 times)

tvrandywest

TPiR Live News
« on: September 15, 2004, 05:09:43 PM »
With Todd Newton off and running with the VH-1 Partridge Family show, Chuck Woolery was an awesome choice to host TPiR-Live this past weekend in San Diego. He kicked ass, and was a ball to work and hang with.

Even during the first couple of shows while the format was new to him, Chuck's disarming, self-depricating style was so endearing to the audience that they forgave any minor awkward moments. By the last of his 6 performances, Chuck OWNED the show and married his own style to the classic format and games. It was a cool combo. And the CBS TPiR exec in the audience was very complimentary after the Saturday night show. Thanks to the Invision friends who visited and said "hi".

With San Diego wrapped, I'm off to Atlantic City to do the final 2 weeks of that production, starting 9/19. I haven't gotten approval to mention the name of the host who will be starting with me on Sunday. But since mentioning Chuck a week in advance was approved, I'll simply say that the Atlantic City Showboat Hotel will be docking at Temptation Island, and I'll be Rushin' to the Roulette tables   ;-)

Come On Down!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 05:12:13 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

MikeK

• Martha!
TPiR Live News
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 06:01:53 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Sep 15 2004, 05:09 PM\'] With San Diego wrapped, I'm off to Atlantic City to do the final 2 weeks of that production, starting 9/19. I haven't gotten approval to mention the name of the host who will be starting with me on Sunday. But since mentioning Chuck a week in advance was approved, I'll simply say that the Atlantic City Showboat Hotel will be docking at Temptation Island, and I'll be Rushin' to the Roulette tables   ;-) [/quote]
 So Randy...

When's The Big Date for the start of Atlantic City?  (I know it's quoted above.  I'm trying to add yet another not-so-subtle hint for those who are still stumped.)  If you're a hit in AC, will you and this other guy be On the Cover of the hotel's promotional material?

Don't "drop" too much money on those roulette tables!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPiR Live News
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 06:09:00 PM »
Before someone else makes the jokes:

Get your tickets fast, it'll be a Free-4-All!

Be sure to mark The Big Date.

(Forgive me if I missed one or two due to, ya know, having a social life. :))
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

TPiR Live News
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 06:43:13 PM »
Well, I don't have a social life, so call me USA's Gonzo Games fan.  I'll be interested in finding out if the next host can leave his Mark on the Wal of great hosts, like Bill Cullen from Pitts Berg.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

DrBear

TPiR Live News
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 06:52:36 PM »
What the L.?

(Aside: Wasn't this a game format? Clues to a celeb's identity? Oh yeah, "Let's Play Post Office," NBC, 1960s.)
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

zachhoran

TPiR Live News
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 07:42:49 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Sep 15 2004, 04:09 PM\']

With San Diego wrapped, I'm off to Atlantic City to do the final 2 weeks of that production, starting 9/19. I haven't gotten approval to mention the name of the host who will be starting with me on Sunday. But since mentioning Chuck a week in advance was approved, I'll simply say that the Atlantic City Showboat Hotel will be docking at Temptation Island, and I'll be Rushin' to the Roulette tables   ;-)

Come On Down!

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]
 I'll be in the audience to see you and the "Good Vibrations" and "Wildside" singer do your stuff on Monday :)

tvwxman

TPiR Live News
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 08:06:04 PM »
It sounds like you guys are talking about Mark L Walberg.

(Sorry, I thought I'd just beat the clueless folk to the punch...it'll save TMQ, Banditbobby, Craig Karlberg, and gshowguy some typing.)
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
TPiR Live News
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 08:38:02 PM »
I don't know if I'll be able to see it....I might feel like Shoppin' til I Drop.

But, Mark L. on TPIR Live....can't wait to hear how he does!

EDIT: Oh, wait, Klauss did the STYD reference...shoot.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 08:39:12 PM by Chief-O »
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

zachhoran

TPiR Live News
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2004, 08:41:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Chief-O\' date=\'Sep 15 2004, 07:38 PM\'] I don't know if I'll be able to see it....I might feel like Shoppin' til I Drop.

But, Mark L. on TPIR Live....can't wait to hear how he does!

[/quote]
 Randy and Mark L. will run rings around Daniel Rosen and Jeff Trachta. Randy and Mark have a decade-plus on-air announcing and hosting experience each, whereas the Daniel/Jeff duo's only GS experience is Daniel's less-than-stellar attempts in his on-air tryouts on TPIR. Though Daniel and Jeff did do admirable jobs on their live gig I saw last month; Jeff is no worse than Doug D. was a decade ago.

MikeK

• Martha!
TPiR Live News
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2004, 08:49:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Chief-O\' date=\'Sep 15 2004, 08:38 PM\'] EDIT: Oh, wait, Klauss did the STYD reference...shoot. [/quote]
 Actually, my "drop" reference was about dropping on Russian Roulette.  But now that you mention STYD, yeah, that was my original intention. :-)

itiparanoid13

TPiR Live News
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2004, 09:05:14 PM »
Man, being the Mark L. fan that I am, I wish I could see that.

SamPrainito

TPiR Live News
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2004, 01:10:43 AM »
If we are to believe that "TPIR Live" is a series of unoffical auditions for the next host, then Mark Walberg has my vote.

Sorry, but Todd Newton isn't the right guy.  (I suppose I'm prejudiced against him though.  I still think of him as Rik Idol on Q106.5 in St. Louis!)  He's a little too loud for the show.  Same goes for Marc Summers (Find the flag!  Find the flag!)  Both their personalities would overpower the game, and the contestants too.

I remember watching the first episodes of "Russian Roulette", and thinking Mark Walberg would be a good choice.  His personality is about the "right speed" for the show.  He's funny, but his humor doesn't detract from the show , and he keeps the show moving.

Personally, I think he's the best bet so far.

inturnaround

TPiR Live News
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2004, 06:51:57 AM »
[quote name=\'SamPrainito\' date=\'Sep 16 2004, 01:10 AM\'] If we are to believe that "TPIR Live" is a series of unoffical auditions for the next host, then Mark Walberg has my vote.

Sorry, but Todd Newton isn't the right guy.  (I suppose I'm prejudiced against him though.  I still think of him as Rik Idol on Q106.5 in St. Louis!)  He's a little too loud for the show.  Same goes for Marc Summers (Find the flag!  Find the flag!)  Both their personalities would overpower the game, and the contestants too.
 [/quote]
While I haven't watched any of these gentlemen emcee TPiR Live, I do think you're selling Marc Summers short if all you're basing your judgment on is his performance 15   years ago on Double Dare. Marc knew he had to be energetic on that show because it was for Nick and because it was for kids. In every other show he's done that wasn't for children, he's been dead on. I can't say that every Marc Summers game show has been good, but I can say that it was never because he wasn't a good emcee or because he was in any way doing something that wasn't appropriate for the show and the show's audience.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2004, 12:29:39 AM by inturnaround »
Joe Coughlin     
Human

goongas

TPiR Live News
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2004, 08:09:05 AM »
When I saw Todd Newton host TPIR Live, he wasn't too loud at all.  I thought he did a great job.  He was not channeling his Whammy! days.

passwordplus

TPiR Live News
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2004, 08:38:55 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Sep 15 2004, 06:43 PM\'] Well, I don't have a social life, so call me USA's Gonzo Games fan.  I'll be interested in finding out if the next host can leave his Mark on the Wal of great hosts, like Bill Cullen from Pitts Berg. [/quote]
How wuz hat puhtatoe plaid(ah hell, nevermind lol),anyways, Mark might be a good choice for TPIR. I'd give a bunch of money to see Woolery hosting that TPIR Live, I bet he is an avid watcher from what Randy said about him.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 08:41:40 AM by passwordplus »