Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Solo FJ  (Read 2543 times)

grimmte

Solo FJ
« on: September 15, 2004, 11:20:46 AM »
As I usually do, I'll start this off with a disclaimer apologizing in advance if this qusetion has been asked before.

I keep wondering if it is only a matter of time until Mr. Jennings is so dominant in a game that he'll be the only one in the black going into FJ. (Especially since that game earlier in the week where he ran the first two categories.)

Which leads up to my, I'm sure, obvious question: Has a contestant ever played FJ by themselves on the show before?

Thanks in advance,

Todd

rigsby

Solo FJ
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 12:00:05 PM »
I've seen that happen at least once...if memory serves, Alex changed things up by having the remaining contestant reveal his/her wager first, then the response.

zachhoran

Solo FJ
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 07:50:33 PM »
[quote name=\'rigsby\' date=\'Sep 15 2004, 11:00 AM\'] I've seen that happen at least once...if memory serves, Alex changed things up by having the remaining contestant reveal his/her wager first, then the response. [/quote]
 I saw it happen a couple of times in season one and once in season two. It has not to my knowledge happened since season two.

One of Ken's shows saw Ken as the only one on the plus side going into the last clue of DJ!. However, one of his opponents got the last clue right, limping their way into FJ! I was wishing Ken would have gotten it or one of the other two had gotten it wrong, leaving Ken to play FJ! solo

Don Howard

Solo FJ
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 12:23:01 PM »
This is pure theory, but I think Ken might deliberately stay off the buzzer if there's only a clue or two on the board when there's someone in the red who'd make it to Final Jeopardy! if they ring in and are correct. Ken knows he's gonna win anyway so why not show the other two the respect of letting them stay to the finish? Again, this is 100% conjecture. But I'd like to think it's true.

DjohnsonCB

Solo FJ
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 04:07:49 PM »
I've seen that happen at least a couple of times in the old Art Fleming version.
Maxene Fabe said there were occasions where nobody played FJ because all three contestants finished Double J with negative scores.  I'd certainly like to know how they filled the time on those shows.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

Don Howard

Solo FJ
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2004, 06:07:54 PM »
[quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' date=\'Sep 16 2004, 03:07 PM\'] I've seen that happen at least a couple of times in the old Art Fleming version.
Maxene Fabe said there were occasions where nobody played FJ because all three contestants finished Double J with negative scores.  I'd certainly like to know how they filled the time on those shows. [/quote]
 Art Fleming would ask Don Pardo to dance.