Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Shows on Campus  (Read 2216 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Game Shows on Campus
« on: September 25, 2004, 01:26:07 AM »
Commonly, student activity councils bring in people who put on a game show for the students.

In your years of education, what formats have you seen being used?

Most recently, the company that came put on a version of "Street Smarts".  I'm sure other formats have been used; what seems to work with the college crowds?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

TheInquisitiveOne

Game Shows on Campus
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 01:38:16 AM »
If this goes against the grain of your question, Mr. Smith, I apologize in advance.

In my last two years of undergraduate college work, I have put together my own versions of classic game shows: Family Feud, Match Game, Pyramid, and assorted others. I have done multiple versions of the aforementioned shows because (1) the sets are easy to put together, (2) the cost of these shows are well within budget, and (3) the formats are fun and easy to follow.

I did a different show every month (14 in total, for now), and stuck with what worked. Feud seems to hit the fans the most, while Pyramid and Match Game are not too far behind. I am considering doing my own versions of Street Smarts and $ale of the Century; however, the lucky student may have to settle for a $1500 lot instead of one worth over $100,000...

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

dscungio

Game Shows on Campus
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2004, 09:11:10 AM »
Years ago, my college held a student-run game called "RIC Tac Toe" (RIC=Rhode Island College).  It was Hollywood Squares with various members of the faculty and some student body representatives as the stars.  The President of the college was the center square.  They used the side of a building and nine windows to be the grid.

They might have held other "traditional" games like TPIR or WWTBAM,, but I can't remember.

Today, the college has a "RIC Idol" competition.  Yes, it's simply a talent show looking for the best singers on campus.

-Dean

aaron sica

Game Shows on Campus
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2004, 03:57:31 PM »
When I was in college, I did hosting duties for "College Feud", a version of "The Dating Game", and "Singled Out", and "Gong Show"..

urbanpreppie05

Game Shows on Campus
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2004, 08:04:50 PM »
Hmmm let's see...:-)

Family Feud, which was retitled "Survey Says

and What's the Big Deal, which is 6 parts LMAD, 2 parts Double Dare, 1 part TPIR, and 1 part Street Smarts.
insert signature here

vtown7

Game Shows on Campus
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2004, 10:23:39 PM »
I did Family Double Dare in a "battle of the sexes week" in high school.  Following that, it was Who Wants to be a hundredaire?, Family Feud and Win Ryan Vickers' money in my residence.  The last one tied into the fact that not only was I a game show nut (was, still am) but that I was the house treasurer.

Our campus did do WWTBAM? complete with phone a friend in the audience, which was quite entertaining as well.

Ryan :)

ChuckNet

Game Shows on Campus
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2004, 09:44:01 PM »
During my 2nd year in college, they had a musical GS called Tune In...basically had a J! like set-up, but for points instead of cash, and whoever got the last song in a category recieved a bonus.

I was chosen to be a contestant and won the game (not an easy task, since one incorrect answer sees the host going to the audience, w/the correct answer sending that person onstage to take your place), taking home $25 and a Sony Discman.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")